Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #1,231 of 1,955
They don't come with a Mic or control cable, just one without any controls or mic.
However, there is a cable for the P7 (wired) that is absolutely compatible with the P7W (I have it), and that one has both Mic and controls 

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Shop/accessories/P7-cable-remote.html

Mic should always work, buttons are compatible only with iOS/Mac (I think only the Play/pause button works with Windows or Android, but better try for yourself).

Apr 19, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #1,232 of 1,955
  They don't come with a Mic or control cable, just one without any controls or mic.
However, there is a cable for the P7 (wired) that is absolutely compatible with the P7W (I have it), and that one has both Mic and controls 

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Shop/accessories/P7-cable-remote.html

Mic should always work, buttons are compatible only with iOS/Mac (I think only the Play/pause button works with Windows or Android, but better try for yourself).

Ah thanks.  The reason I was confused was that I purchased the P7 Wired before I returned them for the wireless version.  I remembered that the Wired version had a cord with mic on it.  Wondering if the cable remote with mic will work the Xbox One headset adapter (which I have) or if it will just work directly plugging into the 3.5mm jack in the controller.

EDIT: Ordered the cable anyways
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #1,233 of 1,955
Considering I've owned the B&W P7 Wireless for a little while, I'm almost embarrassed to ask this but I will.  Does the B&W P7 Wireless have a microphone built in or did it come with a cable I can't find with a Mic on it?

I can confirm it has a mic built in. I've made a few calls while it was connected to my iPhone via BT. The feedback I've received were the sound quality is very good, but it tends to pick up surrounding people's voices more (compared to talking directly using iPhone, but note I tend to cup the bottom end of the iPhone where the mic is to help reduce picking up background noise). That said, even in the subway with all the background noise and other people talking, I was able to talk using P7W.

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #1,234 of 1,955
I use the B&W P7 Wireless also for calls from the iPhone. It's great.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #1,235 of 1,955
Btw for those people still concerned with the noise isolation, and debating between the P7W and an ANC HP (such as Beoplay P9), I found an interesting solution for very noisy environments (subway and buses). I just tried putting on an old set of Alpine Musician earplugs. It's doesn't attenuate that evenly across the frequency range and alters the sound some, but still not bad. Plus the P7W can play so ridiculously loud, I'm still only at just above 1/2 volume with the earplugs. I just ordered the newest Pro version with 3 filters, with a white filter that's supposed to be a more even attenuation (but lower overall attenuation).

Overall I'm very happy with the P7W. While it is bass heavy via BT, the bass is still very tight (I didn't sense any excessive resonance - unlike my Parrot Zik). For travel use, the extra bass actually helps (since the HP only attenuated upper mid to treble noise, the extra music bass helps counter external noise). When at home and wired into my Chord Hugo (connected via USB to JRiver), the P7W is just excellent (ever slightly warm, but that suits me). For quiet home BT listening, I plan to use JRemote app on my iPhone and have JRiver DSP tune down the bass a little.

If I get a good portable DAP with decent EQ, I plan on creating a few profiles to alter the sound profile to match the environmental needs (including when I'm wearing earplugs).

Overall, I feel the P7W by itself (so the driver, screen mesh over the driver, and the ear pad design) provides a great sound. This is where I like this much better than my previous Parrot Zik. Like everyone else has mentioned, the DSP overemphasizes the bass but this is easy to fix. Just my 2 cents.

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,236 of 1,955
After using the Wireless P7s in both wired mode and wireless mode for a while, I actually have come to the conclusion that I prefer the wireless sound better.  I like playback to be a bit heavier on the bass and punch, and I find wireless has more of that.  This is even with using the Wired connection through the DragonFly Red DAC and through Tidal HiFi and MQA!  I'm going to put the DragonflyRed up for sale.

Apr 21, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #1,237 of 1,955
  After using the Wireless P7s in both wired mode and wireless mode for a while, I actually have come to the conclusion that I prefer the wireless sound better.  I like playback to be a bit heavier on the bass and punch, and I find wireless has more of that.  This is even with using the Wired connection through the DragonFly Red DAC and through Tidal HiFi and MQA!  I'm going to put the DragonflyRed up for sale.

I might be interested. PM me your price.  I just bought a black but I'm in my return period.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #1,238 of 1,955
My B&W P7 Wireless doesn't
make a sound anymore it i turn it on or off. How do I fix this?

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #1,239 of 1,955
Try the 'reboot' thing under the right earpad - mine bricked after trying to update the firmware via the B and W app on Windows 10.
I emailed them and they suggested the reboot option - as it happened, I managed to update them via the app on a Mac, so didn't need the reboot option.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #1,241 of 1,955
You need to press the 'play' and 'volume up' buttons at the same time, whilst they're on, to turn the sounds back on again.

Thanks. It's working fine again.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,243 of 1,955
When I tried they at Best buy they seemed very flat and no bass, maybe it was the source or headphones being used. No sure, just not very lively.
wireless ?

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,245 of 1,955
Something must have been wrong.  Tons of Bass and lively (wired or wireless) are terms I would use to describe the P7 so Im guessing the setup was off or something.  u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back