Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #76 of 1,955
Don't know if they offer free return shipping, but buying directly from Bowers & Wilkins gives you a 60-day return window.

Actually they do offer free shipping and return but out of stock....

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #77 of 1,955
Bummer, I'm glad I picked up my set. It was the last one in stock at the shop.

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #79 of 1,955
If like me, bass is a significant need, the P7 will most likely be the better choice. The H7 is really amazing, but it does have to rank a little behind the P7 where bass is concerned anyway.

Good to hear that power and bass is to your satisfaction, and your enjoying the wireless technology as well.
My pair should be shipped today. Woohoo

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #80 of 1,955
Amazon got 20 in stock tonight so I snagged one :) The wait begins :frowning2:

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #82 of 1,955
So discovered my first track where the bass hump was an issue. Now, before anybody panics, I have to say that this is a track that this is almost always an issue with. It is from an overall very well recorded Holy Cole album, Romantically Hopeless. The song is I'll Be There. The upright bass seems to be extremely prominent in the mix and at certain times the bass notes will reverberate for a short time in a less than well controlled manner. I would encourage anybody who can find this song to listen as you'll likely experience it with any bass capable headphone.

Frankly I think it was a mastering error. The rest of the album while certainly featuring forward placement of the upright bass, never has this issue. I just thought I had to post this to be completely transparent. I try to be balanced and if there is something bad to report, I'll report it rather than gloss over it. As well, I was listening with the P7 at full volume so keep that in mind. I turned it down to what most people would still find plenty loud and the bass control increased so there were converging factors at play.

Regardless, I'm sure there will be other problematic tracks. I did spend quite a bit of time yesterday with some bass heavy EDM and electronica and the P7 was holding it together very well even at high volumes so in my experience to date, this was the only issue to report.

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #83 of 1,955
  Where would be a good place to get a pair of P7 (authorized dealer who offers free return shipping and no restocking fees, just in case). So far, Crutchfield, BB, ABT ,B&W all either charge restocking fees and/or return shipping. Amazon doesn't have in stock for another 1-2 months :frowning2:

Crutchfield has 60 day returns and under warranty they never charge shipping - I'd go with them.  Even if you have to pay return shipping you're talking a few bucks on $400 and only if you don't like them (which won't happen).

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #84 of 1,955
Amazon got 20 in stock tonight so I snagged one :) The wait begins :frowning2:

Thanks much for the heads up! I grabbed a pair last night - and now they're down to 13...

I'll have them tomorrow. :beerchug:

Oct 19, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #85 of 1,955
I received my P7 wireless yesterday and now have approx 10hours listening time with them with Music and Movies and YouTube.

Have previously experienced all B&O wireless headphones. Owned Bose QC35 and new Sennhieser PXC550.

To be honest after listening to the P7 wireless I am disappointed. Read on............

I AM DISAPPOINTED THAT I DID NOT BUY THESE AWESOME HEADPHONES AS SOON AS THEY WERE RELEASED!!!!

The best Bluetooth headphones I have experienced and doubt there is anything else out there that can match them. Probably the closest competitor is the Sennhieser Momentum 2.0 Over Ear wireless which cost more and sound rubbish from Apple iOS Devices as they do not support AAC. Any way even if they did the P7 wireless have real Sub Base at Audiophile levels.

The audio quality of the P7 Wireless is only restricted by the Constraints of Bluetooth today.

1. Highs - just right for me and without artificial treble peaks to artificially simulate more detail. No Sibilance.
2. Clear Mids without being too forward.
3. Base and Real Sub Base that does not intrude into Mids.
4. Imaging - good.
5. Sound Stage - ok.

The best Bluetooth headphones for sound quality IMHO.

Of course the P7 is not at the higher audio quality when Compared to my Home Wired Headphones - Senn HD650 / Audioquest Nighthawks / Audeze and Chord Dac/Amp. But that is where the new P9 plays.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #86 of 1,955
Don't know if they offer free return shipping, but buying directly from Bowers & Wilkins gives you a 60-day return window.

Yeah good point. I cancelled Amazon order and ordered from Crutchfield as Amazon isn't shipping until 10/24 and they charged tax. Crutchfield is shipping out today.

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #88 of 1,955
  I bought last week from Amazon.  I waited for the 3rd Party Amazon vendor to get them in stock.
You get the 2 days shipping plus no tax, which saved me like $30.

If you are buying from Amazon, make sure that it says "ships from and sold by Amazon.com" otherwise you may not get the 2 year warranty if sold by a 3rd party even if it's sold on Amazon.

From Amazon's site:

1. Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless headphones come with a 2 year limited warranty only when purchased from an authorized dealer including Amazon.com (indicated by ships from and sold by Amazon.com).

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #89 of 1,955
Mine was "fulfilled by Amazon", and had the Prime check mark.

Also says the following when selecting the fulfilled box:

1. Stored, Packed & Shipped by Amazon!
  2. Eligible for Free Shipping
  3. Amazon Customer Service 24 x 7
  4. Track your delivery to your door

Hopefully, I am good.

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #90 of 1,955
  Mine was "fulfilled by Amazon", and had the Prime check mark.

Also says the following when selecting the fulfilled box:

1. Stored, Packed & Shipped by Amazon!
  2. Eligible for Free Shipping
  3. Amazon Customer Service 24 x 7
  4. Track your delivery to your door

Hopefully, I am good.

"Fulfilled by Amazon" products are sold by 3rd party companies. Amazon just takes care of storing and shipping products (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=106096011)

I would check with B&W to make sure you have a proper warranty (whoever actually SOLD the products to you).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back