Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2
Sep 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #32 of 300
I hope your receive them quickly. Interested to hear what you think.

Me as well 
tongue.gif
  As I said, I can't wait.

The P7 are the best headphones I've heard outside of summit-fi (my opinion only), I do think that for my needs, they do everything right. Faultless. They're just a bit too bulky for walking the streets with them etc, so if the P5 S2 are close to it, it's perfect. I love the P5 form factor (and yeah, ok, their looks too, haha. Very sexy cans).

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #35 of 300
They are opening up slowly, pretty damn good midrange and soundstage from this little beauties. I'm just trying to get rid of the bass at the moment! I'm running it from the Hugo. :) The bass is tight as anything just seems a little too much at the moment!

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #37 of 300
  I'd be hopeful, since it was the same for the P7 for me. The bass tamed down after a few days, and the highs were also a tad more refined.

True, P7 bass tamed down a bit, but still kept its very strong mid-bass presence.  Though I did enjoy their sound (kind of colored in my opinion), it had more bass than M100 and I always felt those were tuned like speakers rather than headphones.  So, curious how it got translated into P5 S2 design.  Not sure when exactly, but I'm expecting to receive a review sample of both P5 and C5 series 2 versions sometime in a near future.  Will chime in with my impression when I get it.

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #44 of 300
Okay, I have run these over night and the bass has calmed....these really are great headphones. Annihilate the Urbanite, which it should though to be honest. The bass has stopped covering the midrange now and is very tight and deep as per the P7. Soundstage is excellent but not as spacious as the P7, I think that would go without saying though with them being on ear. All the accuracy is there and they are really musical. I am in love! If the bass continues to tighten up then these will ruin most headphones at this price. They are really comfortable too in my opinion. A Grade here from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back