Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2
Sep 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #16 of 300
These
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

I guess we're all ears.

Sep 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #19 of 300
Okay at the moment I have the same reservations that I had with the P7 when got them out the box so i'm going to give them some music to play for a few hours before I sit and listen.

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #20 of 300
I have it. Not had much chance to listen yet.  But my early impressions:

Isolation: ok. Not good enough for tube commuting. Good for a relatively quiet office.

Comfort: very

SQ: Much less muddy than the predecessor. Makes the T5p seem very bassy.  Doesn't have the top end sparkle and bottom end extension of the P7 but clean and pretty detailed.

Sep 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #22 of 300
I'm so jealous! I'm in the USA. What's the odds that the apple store has these in today?

This is a new gadget, you should give official Bowers & Wilkins retailers some time in order to update their stock.
As far as I can see, only Custom Cable in the UK have them on pre-order / on sale, apart from the Bowers & Wilkins website.

I haven't seen a price drop for the original B&W P5 though... Be careful!

I'm waiting for Amazon to stock them so that I can return the previous model...

Fingers and ears crossed!

PS: Apple stores and Apple Premium resellers usually have them for more than the RRP... Oh, Steve, what have you done to us?

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #23 of 300
It looks like the B&W website has them in stock. Probably the only place for a week or two more. 

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headphones/Headphones/Headphones/P5-Series-2.html

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #24 of 300
I am really interested in getting a set of these cans, especially since the P7 set did not fir me comfortably.  I am most interested in knowing about the sound, clarity of highs, mids and lows and comfort.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #26 of 300
I'm sure there is such a plan. But I would be very surprised if that happened anytime soon... given that the P5 had a 4-year life or so I'd guess the rather new P7 has still at least 1 year left (just an unsubstantiated guess, I do not have any info on B&W product plans)

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #28 of 300
Indeed. Same driver technology (same driver, even? they're the same size, 40mm), so I'm quite hopeful the Series 2 will sound quite close to the P7. I'll try to do a compare next week when I receive the new P5...

Sep 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #29 of 300
I just ordered from the b&w website. I was a long time fan of the original p5. The p7 sounded so much better but I couldn't get a good comfortable fit. I've been using the nad hp50 lately, and I really enjoy it but I am also having fit issues. I'm hoping this series 2 can closely match those two in sound quality, while having the portability, comfort, and sexiness that it has already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back