Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Review
Apr 17, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #153 of 178
I had mine P5's for nearly two years now and have only just recently paired them with a Fiio amp, this has improved upper frequency and lower extension no end and improved imaging. I highly recommend them and have never had any build quality issues after using them virtually every day!

Jul 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #154 of 178
How do these sound in comparison to the Logitech UE6000? Comfort?
I've never used headphones that have ear pads like these.

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #155 of 178
Does anyone know if there are any fake P5s out there?
Just wondering. It doesn't sound very possible to me as these headphones are made by very expensive materials and therefore I can''t see any point in producing counterfelts. I would be interested to hear your opinions.

B&W claims there are fake products but doesn't specify which of their models have been ''copied'' if any.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #156 of 178
Aren`t those magnets with their magnetic field kind of dangerous in long terms because  of magnetic field exposuring on the ears and the head?Just curious...

Nov 9, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #157 of 178
^some studies suggest, though it is mostly alternating magnetic fields that pose a problem. If you care about that buy ultrasone or Stax.
The field strength can actually be very strong with headphones, 10 times stronger than the upper limit of say your computer monitor

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #158 of 178
^some studies suggest, though it is mostly alternating magnetic fields that pose a problem. If you care about that buy ultrasone or Stax.
The field strength can actually be very strong with headphones, 10 times stronger than the upper limit of say your computer monitor

Now,mentioning this,I thought about the magnets of the speakers themselves - they are also very close to our heads,so probably it`s ony my doubt that this can be dangerous.
I really like B&W , but P3 (because of the price tag,you know).Enjoy listening them!

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #159 of 178
No studies I have heArd about suggest it is dangerous. Only side effects

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #161 of 178
Of course. I have not found any difference after using one of ultrasones mu shielded models exclusively compared to my he-500 though. Oth I seem to get fatigued especially when tired by the he-500

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #162 of 178
Ok, so i have had the P5 for two years now.  The cable really sucks.  Within the first month, the cover to the volume control came off.  And I don't even use it because I don't have any apple products.  Recently the right driver seems to stop delivering any low end note.  All the mid to high frequency can be heard, but no bass.  Is this a driver issue?  or cable?  Anybody have this problem?

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #163 of 178
  Ok, so i have had the P5 for two years now.  The cable really sucks.  Within the first month, the cover to the volume control came off.  And I don't even use it because I don't have any apple products.  Recently the right driver seems to stop delivering any low end note.  All the mid to high frequency can be heard, but no bass.  Is this a driver issue?  or cable?  Anybody have this problem?

Are you sure you don't have earwax buildup? My IEM's were not sitting in my ear fully yesterday and I tried getting rid of some of the wax around the ear canal by using some ear drops that are supposed to help. That is what did the trick in my case.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #164 of 178

Ok, so i have had the P5 for two years now.  The cable really sucks.  Within the first month, the cover to the volume control came off.  And I don't even use it because I don't have any apple products.  Recently the right driver seems to stop delivering any low end note.  All the mid to high frequency can be heard, but no bass.  Is this a driver issue?  or cable?  Anybody have this problem?

Are you sure you don't have earwax buildup? My IEM's were not sitting in my ear fully yesterday and I tried getting rid of some of the wax around the ear canal by using some ear drops that are supposed to help. That is what did the trick in my case.

Improper seal will kill the bass with iems.
Impacted ear wax will muffle the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back