Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9!
Feb 7, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,531 of 2,022
I really think everyone with P9's and iPhones need to get the new cable ASAP and anyone with an iPhone thinking about buying a pair make sure you try them with the new cable. I never had a problem with the mid bass but a lot of people seemed too and IMHO it is completely resolved with the new cable. They just went from the best portable headphones I've heard to even better than the best portable headphones I've ever heard!

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #1,534 of 2,022
Cable arrived yesterday, nice quick delivery.

It does make quite a difference to headphones however it's not up there with the Mojo in my opinion.

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #1,535 of 2,022
Cable arrived yesterday, nice quick delivery.

It does make quite a difference to headphones however it's not up there with the Mojo in my opinion.
There can't be any comparison. The cable is like $69 to buy. Still nice we get a free upgrade in sound!

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #1,536 of 2,022
There can't be any comparison. The cable is like $69 to buy. Still nice we get a free upgrade in sound!

It isn't free. It was part of the purchase price, promised when the P9 first came to market. I had been waiting for a good Lightning-enabled headphone to come to market as Apple was eliminating the headphone jack on iPhones, and it's the primary reason that I chose to buy when the P9 was announced.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #1,537 of 2,022
Well if you buy a pair of headphones at this price on a promise all I can do is laugh.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #1,539 of 2,022
Well if you buy a pair of headphones at this price on a promise all I can do is laugh. Oh ya you have a bad attitude please don't reply to my posts again. Thanks!

He has a bad attitude? Did I miss something here? All he did was state the truth, which is that B&W stated that the lightning cable is included with the purchase of the P9.

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #1,542 of 2,022
Well I just received the P9 lightening cable. I also own the PX, and have installed the app on my iPad and iPhone.

The app with the P9 only identifies the serial number and shows how to operate the inline controls on the cable. Perhaps, As others suggest the app will allow for firmware upgrades?

Does anyone have any comments on sound with the lightening cable?

Oh dude! Can you share a little bit about your impressions of P9-Lightning vs PX Wireless sound? How much driver tech do you think carried over? How does the lightning perform with the PX?

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,545 of 2,022
I was told by B&W that you have to buy the cable separately from the P9. So this is incorrect? P9 owners are getting it free?

If you have bought and registered the P9 online with B&W, then you should be entitled to the lightning cable. I don't know if there's a cut off date, or if they will start including them in the P9 box from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back