Bowers Wilkins C5 or Bose MiE2i???
Oct 10, 2011 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

youse123

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I as wondering which in-earphones are the best to buy. Not concerned about price, but concerned about the sound quality and bass. I have both the Bowers & Wilkins Zepellin Air and the Bose SoundDock Portable, and can I say that I am very surprised by the sound quality on both systems. However, I like the Zepellin more, for its design and bass. Two of my Apple earphones died within the same week, and I am not very happy with them, although they sounded decent, I am in need of different branded earphones.

So my question is, B&W C5 or Bose MiE2i?

I am finding it really hard to choose, please, just a simple answer, stating which ones I should buy.

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 15
first off, welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet, second, dont buy either as i think both are over priced, look around the forums, and post your budget, your source and music preference, people will steer you in the right direction.

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #3 of 15
^ I agree. If we know your music preferences and what kind of sound you're looking for it will be easier to give you suggestions. 

Welcome to head-fi. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
Hi,

I as wondering which in-earphones are the best to buy. Not concerned about price, but concerned about the sound quality and bass. I have both the Bowers & Wilkins Zepellin Air and the Bose SoundDock Portable, and can I say that I am very surprised by the sound quality on both systems. However, I like the Zepellin more, for its design and bass. Two of my Apple earphones died within the same week, and I am not very happy with them, although they sounded decent, I am in need of different branded earphones.

So my question is, B&W C5 or Bose MiE2i?

I am finding it really hard to choose, please, just a simple answer, stating which ones I should buy.

Thanks.

Judging by the speakers you have, its obvious that you're not an audiophile, yet.

Look around the forum and them ask again.

EDIT: the BW's are ok but I don't like small iPod docks. 

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 15
Because your rich (assuming), go for the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers.

There is a whole list of bassy iems (and other 'Dark stuff') in 'The basshead club' the link is in my signature

And welcome to Head Fi!!!
L3000.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #7 of 15
OK, after hearing the Bowers and Wilkins C5, I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend them.  Honestly, I'd rather have a pair of Atomic Floyd MiniDarts (still not a full recommendation since you don't get a good bang for the buck for the good amount of Audio quality you get).  Turbine Golds or Coppers should suite well, same with Tributes (not Trumpets, I have heard about nothing about them in terms of sound).  Customs are another direction to go as well...  Or you can wait until Phonak releases the Audeo 232s and see how those 600 dollar masterpieces will end up (or if it's even a masterpiece). 

OT: I wish I had money to blow right now :frowning2:

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 15
I'd gladly buy the $100 Monster Turbines, but with the lack of an iPhone remote and mic, lowers the purpose. I could attach one using a separate cable but it will be on the bottom.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #11 of 15
I think these are good for you (all have mic options and cost around 100 AUD)

Beyerdynamic DTX 101 (make sure you if you order them, get the one with mic)
Klipsch S4i
NuForce NE700M

There are other iems with good SQ but can't think of any with mic

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #12 of 15
Klipsch S4i is exactly what I was looking for, good looks, great sound quality and noise isolating, and only AUD$79.95 on eBay (for the white, would rather black, but extra $40). Thanks for your effort.

Oct 11, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #13 of 15
There are quite a lot of fakes on ebay (both the normal and the mic version)

And the Klipsch is a lot better value than the BW but its not better.

The Nuforce is on par for about 90 shipped. And the Beyerdynamic is also on par (with the same sound signature) for about 70 shipped to Aus.

I personally haven't tried any of them (except for the Klipsch) so my opinion is based on reviews and comparisons 

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #15 of 15
The C5 on its own is only average and need lots of burn-in.  However, with an amp, it suddenly comes alive.   Not all iems benefit well from amping, but C5 is not too bad after amping.  And of course you are also paying for the design, packaging, marketing etc....Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back