Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 28, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #1,442 of 5,138
h06oL2X.jpeg

All vying for ear time today! The P7W are being edged out more and more each day though as they don't have that bigger, richer sound I prefer in the other two. The Px8 are just so well-rounded and engaging to me. Happy Friday :)

Oct 28, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,443 of 5,138
h06oL2X.jpeg

All vying for ear time today! The P7W are being edged out more and more each day though as they don't have that bigger, richer sound I prefer in the other two. The Px8 are just so well-rounded and engaging to me. Happy Friday :)
The P9 just looks so damn cool. Aston Martin of headphones looks wise.

P7w just have that mid range fun factor but I do think theyre outclassed by the PX8 personally, which is high praise as I love the p7w.

My uncle is a big music buff and his neighbours got in his case about speakers. I bought him the p7w a few years back and he bloody loves em.

Oct 28, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #1,444 of 5,138
The P9 just looks so damn cool. Aston Martin of headphones looks wise.

P7w just have that mid range fun factor but I do think theyre outclassed by the PX8 personally, which is high praise as I love the p7w.

My uncle is a big music buff and his neighbours got in his case about speakers. I bought him the p7w a few years back and he bloody loves em.
That is so apt. British cars, audio, menswear fashion, now those are just done right!! I still think one of the coolest parts of the P9 is how the earcups are connected to the headband via the mini grill structure, so they’re suspended independently of the headband and the rest of the headphone. Looks so cool also. It’s like the tweeters on top of their loudspeakers, how it’s connected, but still isolated with a little play built in.

I’m still on good terms with my neighbors, but that is maybe because I just haven’t blasted my speakers for long enough sessions yet since moving in.. maybe not for long 😂

Oct 29, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #1,445 of 5,138
I have a friend who is enamored with french cars... design is always amazing, delivery is always piss-poor. The same can be said for many british cars. But what lacks from british massproduction cars is recovered when they hand-build in small series. The french have no similar reputation, I'm afraid :wink:
A Bentley will always be better than a Citroen :)
A good deal of my normal hifi setup is british so I have a soft spot there :wink:
Agreed! I didn’t really discover British hifi until maybe 1 year ago. Now own Sugden, Myryad, B&W speakers, Tannoy speakers.

Love them! Looking forward to my B&W PX8 007 Editions en route!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #1,447 of 5,138
For those of you who have seen both the 007 and regular Px8, is the difference really only the color scheme and 007 branding? Not even a difference in leather quality, etc? No limited number run? $100 seems kind of steep for a color difference.

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #1,449 of 5,138
For those of you who have seen both the 007 and regular Px8, is the difference really only the color scheme and 007 branding? Not even a difference in leather quality, etc? No limited number run? $100 seems kind of steep for a color difference.
Essentially yes. The box, case and headphones are all branded. I personally prefer the blue finish and as a massive Bond fan, I think they’re worth the premium. The leather on the ear pads on both versions is high quality and lovely and soft

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #1,450 of 5,138
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i havent read the last 40 pages. Ive just read the whathifi review which mentioned low volume listening being poor experience on the px8. This is onw of the main problems with the px7 carbon, they dont better £50 headphones at lower volumes.
How do the px8 sound at lower volumes, and do you agree with whathifi?
Cheers

Oct 29, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #1,451 of 5,138
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i havent read the last 40 pages. Ive just read the whathifi review which mentioned low volume listening being poor experience on the px8. This is onw of the main problems with the px7 carbon, they dont better £50 headphones at lower volumes.
Cheers
It’s meh. It’s better at higher volumes

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #1,452 of 5,138
Cheers
Not sure I agree. Could be a result of the PX8 being very energetic and with a lot of drive. On lower volume of course this is not the case.

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #1,453 of 5,138
Not sure I agree. Could be a result of the PX8 being very energetic and with a lot of drive. On lower volume of course this is not the case.
Does it sound quite thin and tinny in comparison at lower volumes, as this is what the px7 carbon do, or is it stil warm but lacking in the energy? Ive just seen richer sounds were selli g off their px7 non carbons for £99. I would have bought a pair if they hadnt sold out. If anyone knows where to get a reduced price set of new px7 space grey, let me know! :)

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #1,454 of 5,138
Does it sound quite thin and tinny in comparison at lower volumes, as this is what the px7 carbon do, or is it stil warm but lacking in the energy?
No never thin or tinny in my opinion.
I used to have the PX7 non carbon and these were ok whereas the carbon version was definitely worse.
Px8 is in a different league entirely, as indicated by the price tag…

Oct 29, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #1,455 of 5,138
No never thin or tinny in my opinion.
I used to have the PX7 non carbon and these were ok whereas the carbon version was definitely worse.
Px8 is in a different league entirely, as indicated by the price tag…
Cool, thats good to know. I do worry that a lot of the price tag on the 8 is due to the "flashy" contruction that really doesnt appeal to me too much as i didnt have any issues with the px7. Only really interested in improvements in sound quality.Maybe i should start saving.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back