Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 20, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #1,036 of 5,215
Nice, Thanks for your input.
I know comfort is personal, but I always found the plastic Bose and Sonys to be very, very good in this regard.
I own the Sony Wh-1000M3 and sure it is plastic and maybe on the warm side, but I could always wear it for much longer than the P7w (vice) and the Px7 (better but not super comfortable).
How would you rate the fit and comfort of PX8 against the Sonys or even the PX7?
Agreed…
Or… I’ll swallow that disappointment and take a day trip to Oslo. As long as the price difference is around 1 KSEK it’s worth it; for a 6 year guarantee 😎
Oh darn... expected delivery for Nordic is now pushed to october 27th

Oct 20, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #1,041 of 5,215
Great! We'll wait for v2 :)

The Px8 "Liz Truss Special 44 Days Anniversary Edition" is only available in Europe, but only until Sunday 23rd October, for £99 / 99€.

IMG_0326.jpg

Oct 20, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #1,042 of 5,215
I only seeing this now in my tests. The multi point connection in px8 is really very incredible, better actually than Apple's new APP 2 and recent AP 3 connecting with Apple devices!

Isn't even necessary pressing pause in one device and then pressing play in other device. If you only press play in other device, then is playing instantly in this device. If you press play in previous device, then is playing instantly again. My tests are with iPhone 14 Pro and MacBook Pro 2021. I never seeing this before with any BT headphone or earphone. Not only is better than ALL BT earphones or headphones in my long experience, but better than Apple's earphones. This is great AND very strange really.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #1,043 of 5,215
I only seeing this now in my tests. The multi point connection in px8 is really very incredible, better actually than Apple's new APP 2 and recent AP 3 connecting with Apple devices!

Isn't even necessary pressing pause in one device and then pressing play in other device. If you only press play in other device, then is playing instantly in this device. If you press play in previous device, then is playing instantly again. My tests are with iPhone 14 Pro and MacBook Pro 2021. I never seeing this before with any BT headphone or earphone. Not only is better than ALL BT earphones or headphones in my long experience, but better than Apple's earphones. This is great AND very strange really.
Yup it's exceptionally good functionality, once you're paired to your devices it's seamless. I was bloody surprised, the MW65 does a pretty good job too but its not as seamless. Where it's noticeably worse than APM for me is in auto pairing to my phone initially. That is sometimes way too long.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,044 of 5,215
Yup it's exceptionally good functionality, once you're paired to your devices it's seamless. I was bloody surprised, the MW65 does a pretty good job too but its not as seamless. Where it's noticeably worse than APM for me is in auto pairing to my phone initially. That is sometimes way too long.

I explaining few days ago that multi point is very better in px8 than in Bathys and 5909, but in that test I'm doing the typical "first pressing pause in one device, then play in other device". My shock now is that isn't even necessary pressing "pause" first but only "play" in other device and music starting playing instantly in new device and vice versa. Incredible. Yes, you must first connecting with second device because px8 is only connecting to one (last) device when you turn on px8. Apple isn't really always seamless with Apple products, by the way.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #1,045 of 5,215
I had to disable on the Px7 S2 because music kept stopping while I was walking, even on low. Once I turned it off, it plays fine. Think they use the same sensors so not surprised Px8 also has this same issue.
Hm interesting I didn’t follow the thread very closely so didn’t know this is not just me (and PX7 S2 also has this issue). I think this is a design flaw, either whoever developed this feature in B&W has super big ears, or the angled cone design was a last minute thing that wasn’t tested properly, because if you press the ear cups so that both your ears touch the inner, then the wear sensor would work.

Oct 20, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #1,046 of 5,215
Hm interesting I didn’t follow the thread very closely so didn’t know this is not just me (and PX7 S2 also has this issue). I think this is a design flaw, either whoever developed this feature in B&W has super big ears, or the angled cone design was a last minute thing that wasn’t tested properly, because if you press the ear cups so that both your ears touch the inner, then the wear sensor would work.
I think the angled driver is definitely what contributes to the wear sensor issue, although the angled design definitely wasn’t a last minute thing given it goes right back to the P9 and OG PX.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #1,047 of 5,215
I returning my Bathys yesterday for 3 reasons (isn't about sound quality) and today I receiving the black version of the px8 that in my opinion is very much more nice than the tan colour.
Last post I read from you about Bathys was that you were keeping them and selling MLs. What are the three reasons you eventually changed you mind?

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #1,049 of 5,215
Very weird, my reseller changed delivery date for the black from yesterday to november 17th... but oddly enough, today my order has moved another step in the process to "packaging"... next step is "on the way" :)

And now it says "On the way" and the invoice popped up from Klarna... I can feel my mojo rising :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #1,050 of 5,215
I ordered mine in black,and they where in stock late yesterday.And suddenly the date was 27 november.But luckely i got from the first batch.They are now shipped today.

I also ordered this for use on my samsung 2019 tv.

https://fiio.com/bta30

The samsung tv has crapy bluetooth.Bad sound,lagging and lip sync problems.

How is the px8 for tv/movies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back