Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 21, 2022 at 5:36 AM Post #1,051 of 5,215
Very weird, my reseller changed delivery date for the black from yesterday to november 17th... but oddly enough, today my order has moved another step in the process to "packaging"... next step is "on the way" :)

And now it says "On the way" and the invoice popped up from Klarna... I can feel my mojo rising :wink:
Then you also got from the first bacht ( hifiklubben ). 😊

Oct 21, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #1,053 of 5,215
I thought Px8 were Aptx Adaptive? Where you able to compare to USB input?
M11 PRO has no APTX Adaptive. Only HD. The PX8 however are backwards compatible and APTX HD is supported as part of Adaptive.

Oct 21, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #1,055 of 5,215
Today i received my Creative BT-W4 Bluetooth Dongle. I tried to use this to look if i could further better the (already very good) Sound with PX8 on my iPhone 14Pro Max (via Bluetooth aac-codec).

The BT-W4 uses native aptX adaptive codec with PX8. For iPhone, you have to use a Dongle with Lightning Power-Delivery and USB to connect the BT-W4. This works, but Sound isn’t any better, it is even a bit worse. From my subjective test i got the impression that i got a bit less dynamic with the BT-W4 in adaptive Mode. Even the max. Volume on the PX8 gets lowered this way. Worst of all: Seldom, but here and there i get little sparkles in the sound. So my whole impression of several tests with using native aptX adaptive with Mac/iOs, either, via the creative BT-W4 (around 50€) or another noname USB-BT soundcard from amazon for 30€ is just this: Forget about it! It’s like swimming against the tide with hurdles and sparkles and other unconveniences. Just not worth it IMHO. I send both back.

If you want better the already very good sound with iOS/Mac just use a direct USB-cable connection, don’t play the codec-game, it’s not worth it on APPLE Devices.

Just my 2c.

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,056 of 5,215
Just found a promotional mail from B&W in my inbox... there's a 007 Edition of the PX8 available now. Subtle branding with midnight blue color for the Nappa leather, a red power slider, the 007 logo on top of the cups (near/behind the headband, so not directly visible) and a graphic on the inner side of the cups on the dust filter in front of the drivers. Looks nice actually. That "nice" comes in at 100,- extra though...
B632CE95-97D8-44F3-9BDD-9497A1FB57C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,057 of 5,215
Must have but still confusing. They have now arrived at my PostNord pickup point… maybe I’ll have an extra nice weekend after all :)
Great, I also managed to place an order now. Had to call and let the dealer know that either they find a pair for me now or I will buy them in a few weeks when I am on a business trip to the US. Then it all of a sudden was np problem. Expecting delivery next week.

Enjoy!

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #1,058 of 5,215
Great, I also managed to place an order now. Had to call and let the dealer know that either they find a pair for me now or I will buy them in a few weeks when I am on a business trip to the US. Then it all of a sudden was np problem. Expecting delivery next week.

Enjoy!
I have a corporate FedEx account through my company that gives me pretty cheap international shipping rates… Anytime y’all need something that genuinely can’t be found in Europe just hit me up I’ll send it to you. I don’t care. We can call it friends and family “gift” so you don’t have to pay any import taxes.

Oct 21, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #1,059 of 5,215
Just found a promotional mail from B&W in my inbox... there's a 007 Edition of the PX8 available now. Subtle branding with midnight blue color for the Nappa leather, a red power slider, the 007 logo on top of the cups (near/behind the headband, so not directly visible) and a graphic on the inner side of the cups on the dust filter in front of the drivers. Looks nice actually. That "nice" comes in at 100,- extra though...
B632CE95-97D8-44F3-9BDD-9497A1FB57C4.jpeg
The consensus here has been that while cool, it doesn't feel 100$ or whatever more expensive. Other than color and some subtle branding it's not any nicer.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #1,060 of 5,215

Enjoy!
I hope I’ll enjoy them but sadly not tonight. I misread the messages from my carrier; they have received the shipping order but it’s not in Stockholm, still in Gothenburg 🙄

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #1,061 of 5,215
I explaining few days ago that multi point is very better in px8 than in Bathys and 5909, but in that test I'm doing the typical "first pressing pause in one device, then play in other device". My shock now is that isn't even necessary pressing "pause" first but only "play" in other device and music starting playing instantly in new device and vice versa. Incredible. Yes, you must first connecting with second device because px8 is only connecting to one (last) device when you turn on px8. Apple isn't really always seamless with Apple products, by the way.

It's hard to overstate how much this adds to the ease-of-use aspect of the PX8. I mentioned that I was still undecided on whether I would keep the Bathys or the PX8 on one hand I prefer the sound signature of the Bathys, and the DAC mode is quite 'cool'. On the other hand I feel like the PX8 does a better job of 'getting out of the way'. I put them on and I don't think about them (comfort, perfect multi-point).

Oh, and by the way... you have me now considering the 5909 as well. I mean, If I'm willing to spend $700-$800 on the PX8/Bathys... why not try them all =)

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #1,062 of 5,215
It's hard to overstate how much this adds to the ease-of-use aspect of the PX8. I mentioned that I was still undecided on whether I would keep the Bathys or the PX8 on one hand I prefer the sound signature of the Bathys, and the DAC mode is quite 'cool'. On the other hand I feel like the PX8 does a better job of 'getting out of the way'. I put them on and I don't think about them (comfort, perfect multi-point).

Oh, and by the way... you have me now considering the 5909 as well. I mean, If I'm willing to spend $700-$800 on the PX8/Bathys... why not try them all =)
You can also cool the Px8 down by pumping up the treble and pumping down the bass in the EQ.

Oct 21, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #1,063 of 5,215
I thought Px8 were Aptx Adaptive? Where you able to compare to USB input?

M11 PRO has no APTX Adaptive. Only HD. The PX8 however are backwards compatible and APTX HD is supported as part of Adaptive.

I don't know if this is mentioning before in this thread, but the px8 manual saying:

Bluetooth Codecs:
aptX™ Adaptive
aptX™ HD
aptX™
AAC
SBC

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #1,064 of 5,215
Today i received my Creative BT-W4 Bluetooth Dongle. I tried to use this to look if i could further better the (already very good) Sound with PX8 on my iPhone 14Pro Max (via Bluetooth aac-codec).

The BT-W4 uses native aptX adaptive codec with PX8. For iPhone, you have to use a Dongle with Lightning Power-Delivery and USB to connect the BT-W4. This works, but Sound isn’t any better, it is even a bit worse. From my subjective test i got the impression that i got a bit less dynamic with the BT-W4 in adaptive Mode. Even the max. Volume on the PX8 gets lowered this way. Worst of all: Seldom, but here and there i get little sparkles in the sound. So my whole impression of several tests with using native aptX adaptive with Mac/iOs, either, via the creative BT-W4 (around 50€) or another noname USB-BT soundcard from amazon for 30€ is just this: Forget about it! It’s like swimming against the tide with hurdles and sparkles and other unconveniences. Just not worth it IMHO. I send both back.

If you want better the already very good sound with iOS/Mac just use a direct USB-cable connection, don’t play the codec-game, it’s not worth it on APPLE Devices.

Just my 2c.
I like the Creative BT-W4 but almost exclusively with a PC. I left my V60, which has aptX adaptive, at home today and am just using my Samsung S22+ (no aptX adaptive or aptX HD), which sounds fine. Interestingly, I found the Creative dobgle does not seem to work well on Samsung devices either. When using my Px7 S2 via the Creative BT-W4 on my S22+ or Tab S7 FE, pressing any volume key lowers volume to 0 (very annoying). I also noticed a significant volume decrease on the S22+ when using the Creative BT-W4. Agree with you that it is not worth it. Works great on Windows though.

I carry a BT-W4 in my bag to use at work. IT disabled bluetooth and just plugging it in to the desktop or even my personal laptop is easier than navigating through Windows bluetooth settings or being tethered to the desk via usb cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back