Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 20, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #1,009 of 5,215
Not sure about APTX HD for the S8, but if you want a new phone with APTXhd in the states, the pixels are your best mainstream option, but they do not support APTX Adaptive. OP phones probably have adaptive actually, and wouldn't be surprised if motorolas do as well, and Sony has the xperia phones that at least have APTX HD if not both.
that said, my H95 use APTX Adaptive by default when paired to my V60, and APTX when paired to my Z Fold4, and I haven't really noticed a difference between the 2 in sq for the h95.
I think adaptive is the worst codec qualcomm has introduced with regard to sound anyway. To my ears while HD isn't as stable as adaptive for connectivity, I do feel like the sound of my NAD HP70 is more expansive when connected via APTX HD to my V60 vs APTX via my Z Fold4
Ofcourse APTX HD will sound better then APT X. However the newest Apt X Adaptive is equivalent to APTX HD but with better connection stability and lower latency for video lip sync.

Apt X by itself is rubbish.

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #1,011 of 5,215
Only 2 options for a £600 PX8. Wow.
Try APM with 0 options lol. I'd say Bathys is more of an outlier in a very positive sense in this respect.

That said I have tried EQ on the PX8, and everything makes it worse, imo. Perhaps some people might like to dial the bass back slightly, but messing with the treble/mids on these does not yield strong results in my experience.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #1,012 of 5,215
Try APM with 0 options lol. I'd say Bathys is more of an outlier in a very positive sense in this respect.

That said I have tried EQ on the PX8, and everything makes it worse, imo. Perhaps some people might like to dial the bass back slightly, but messing with the treble/mids on these does not yield strong results in my experience.
Oh, I’m going to strong disagree, but I think pumping a little bit of trouble on it maybe one or 2DB really opens them up a tiny bit to the sound profile that I enjoy… It just gives them a little more sparkle to me personally

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #1,014 of 5,215
Got mine just now, initial thoughts are these are decent, fit is perfect, sound is probably the best I have heard from a wireless headphone to date. As always I find with Bluetooth headphones, volume amplification levels are lower than I would hope for. Probably at volume maxed from my S22 Ultra it is just more than enough but there is little headroom, even another 10% would have been welcome.

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #1,015 of 5,215
Got mine just now, initial thoughts are these are decent, fit is perfect, sound is probably the best I have heard from a wireless headphone to date. As always I find with Bluetooth headphones, volume amplification levels are lower than I would hope for. Probably at volume maxed from my S22 Ultra it is just more than enough but there is little headroom, even another 10% would have been welcome.
Tinnitus much? :)
I find it very interesting how the volume level would not be enough, there is no way I could listen at max volume.

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #1,016 of 5,215
alked to the reseller today; they expect to have PX8 for demo in their shops on wednesday.... patience my a** (said the vulture)

Still hoping they sell what they can to fulfill already booked orders, like mine :)
Pretty annoying that their web shop says in stock ”today” but they will not confirm shipment for this week and they are unable to transport a demo pair from their own central warehouse to the store in less than 6 days…
If i could buy them from B&W direct I would.

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #1,018 of 5,215
Tinnitus much? :)
I find it very interesting how the volume level would not be enough, there is no way I could listen at max volume.

Don't know, am 47yo been listening to (what most would probably call) loud music much of my life. I am one of these people who not only wants to hear music, but 'feel' it too, I listen to a lot of bass driven music like Hip-Hop, Electronic and so on that leans well to being played loud particularly when I am out and about or commuting. To be fair the PX8 are loud enough for me it would be nice to have the bit extra headroom even if perhaps I would rarely use it.

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #1,019 of 5,215
Don't know, am 47yo been listening to (what most would probably call) loud music much of my life. I am one of these people who not only wants to hear music, but 'feel' it too, I listen to a lot of bass driven music like Hip-Hop, Electronic and so on that leans well to being played loud particularly when I am out and about or commuting. To be fair the PX8 are loud enough for me it would be nice to have the bit extra headroom even if perhaps I would rarely use it.
Fair enough - take care of your ears man.
I too enjoy loud music (Zeppelin et al, so if I want to really feel the bass I need a subwoofer) :)

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,020 of 5,215
Fair enough - take care of your ears man.
I too enjoy loud music (Zeppelin et al, so if I want to really feel the bass I need a subwoofer) :)

"I hope I am deaf before I get old" (2022 version of "My Generation" by The Who)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back