Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 7, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #346 of 5,215
Woohoo, thanks for the heads up! Just ordered direct from B&W. Now to play the waiting game.

giphy.gif
I too waited anxiously for FEDEX to deliver (sadly they lost a previous set of MW75), but I hung by our front window waiting for the P8's once they were "out for delivery". Note, I've since installed a Ring Camera Doorbell. Porch pirates beware! :deadhorse:

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #347 of 5,215
I too waited anxiously for FEDEX to deliver (sadly they lost a previous set of MW75), but I hung by our front window waiting for the P8's once they were "out for delivery". Note, I've since installed a Ring Camera Doorbell. Porch pirates beware! :deadhorse:
I got mine overnighted. To my house, not the office…local FedEx driver knows how to get in the condo building (coded) and he was sick…got a new driver who didn’t know how, and claimed “unable to deliver” boy I got so mad at FedEx that they immediately reattempted and I rushed home.

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #348 of 5,215
B&W dispatched them today, mind you a bit dissapointing it says they'll arrive by Monday. You'd have thought £600 headphones would warrant the extra couple of quid for weekend delivery. Come on B&W!

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #349 of 5,215
B&W dispatched them today, mind you a bit dissapointing it says they'll arrive by Monday. You'd have thought £600 headphones would warrant the extra couple of quid for weekend delivery. Come on B&W!
Is weekend delivery only a few quid extra where you are in the UK? Lucky. Here, in the US, a document I’m overnighting to my father was 40$ for overnight Monday, to mark it Saturday delivery? 105$. Sooooo I can see why in the US at least no

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #350 of 5,215
Yeah :sweat: We've had a few of bad experiences with FedEx particularly over the past two years; things just make their way to the distro center near us then the updates stop and they never get delivered. I know it's is a rough line of work to be in but it's so dumb when that happens for the few things we're anxiously awaiting. Glad y'all finally got yours delivered though.

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #351 of 5,215
I'm kicking myself for not ordering these sooner. I want the tan ones I think and they have been out of stock for several days now. If that persists, I may go with the black though I had wanted the tans to contrast with my other dark colored headphones. Does anyone know when tan ones should be available again?

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #352 of 5,215
Is weekend delivery only a few quid extra where you are in the UK? Lucky. Here, in the US, a document I’m overnighting to my father was 40$ for overnight Monday, to mark it Saturday delivery? 105$. Sooooo I can see why in the US at least no
Yeah it is, I sell a lot on ebay so frequently do weekend vs weekday items and its about £2.50 difference lol

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #353 of 5,215
I'm kicking myself for not ordering these sooner. I want the tan ones I think and they have been out of stock for several days now. If that persists, I may go with the black though I had wanted the tans to contrast with my other dark colored headphones. Does anyone know when tan ones should be available again?
I guess they didn’t make enough of the tan ones as I ordered the day of release from them direct and got them but by the next day they have been showing coming soon or sold out

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #355 of 5,215
That does make me feel better as I am going to charitably believe my living in the south of the US, combined with my oily hair means sweat stains are inevitable after a period of time with the tan model, no matter How much I clean and condition the leather.
The tan and silver look so nice though 🤤. Can't have it both ways I guess, but the replaceable pads are a good consolation. All my headphones are snoring boring black.

Well this just put it together for me. As I was enjoying Eric Gales' "You Don't Know The Blues" I realized the reason I'm really loving the P8 is that it does seem to have some aspects of the P9s that I own and love. Not a copy of the P9's sound signature, but in my mind some of the better attributes. I know the P9 got a lot of flack regarding bass treatment. But, so far the P8s seem rich sounding, but not so plush that I get tired of it.
Yes agreed, it does have that fuller sound to me also. It is definitely not as heavy-handed as the P9, but is a marked improvement to other previous phones of theirs and it addresses the thing I didn't like about the previous two generations of their wireless cans, which had a strange artificial-sounding "airiness" to the highs and mids, as if they were trying to engineer some kind of soundstage, but to me it ended up sounding veiled or like a small speaker was placed in a room with high ceilings. B&W also really pushed the bass on those to make it more tasty to the mass consumers, I think, and I always felt like it only worked well with hip hop and modern pop and such. On Px8 mids and highs no longer sound recessed to me and bass is more "correct".

To me they also took a good quality of the P7W such as the awesome mids and refined them and gave them more presence and warmth. They rounded out the highs a bit too that lends to the overall balance I find really enjoyable and relaxing to listen to. The balance of these phones is one of the standout qualities for me. I guess I am over the moon with them. A test of how much I like headphones are when I can't really find much if anything to nitpick and nothing really major stands out and bothers me. My APM are now listed for sale locally. They were great for their features and build, and overall sounded decent, but I just did not like the highs so much, a tad sharp and not much clarity. If an APM Series 2 comes out in the future, I would definitely try them though.

Oct 7, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #356 of 5,215
The tan and silver look so nice though 🤤. Can't have it both ways I guess, but the replaceable pads are a good consolation. All my headphones are snoring boring black.

Yes agreed, it does have that fuller sound to me also. It is definitely not as heavy-handed as the P9, but is a marked improvement to other previous phones of theirs and it addresses the thing I didn't like about the previous two generations of their wireless cans, which had a strange artificial-sounding "airiness" to the highs and mids, as if they were trying to engineer some kind of soundstage, but to me it ended up sounding veiled or like a small speaker was placed in a room with high ceilings. B&W also really pushed the bass on those to make it more tasty to the mass consumers, I think, and I always felt like it only worked well with hip hop and modern pop and such. On Px8 mids and highs no longer sound recessed to me and bass is more "correct".

To me they also took a good quality of the P7W such

This is sounding good!

Im very intruiged to see if PX8 can handle vocal centric tracks as masterfully as P9.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #357 of 5,215

To me they also took a good quality of the P7W such as the awesome mids and refined them and gave them more presence and warmth. They rounded out the highs a bit too that lends to the overall balance I find really enjoyable and relaxing to listen to. The balance of these phones is one of the standout qualities for me. I guess I am over the moon with them. A test of how much I like headphones are when I can't really find much if anything to nitpick and nothing really major stands out and bothers me. My APM are now listed for sale locally. They were great for their features and build, and overall sounded decent, but I just did not like the highs so much, a tad sharp and not much clarity. If an APM Series 2 comes out in the future, I would definitely try them though.
That’s actually a really apt description of the soundstage of the Px8 vs the old ones. I feel like the sound is directly in front of me at all times here. There’s vertical and horizontal separation, sure, but the spaciousness comes from instrument separation more so than any perception of wide space, which actually I prefer. I don’t want to feel like I’m listening from 100 feet away. I wanna feel like I’m front and center.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #358 of 5,215
This is sounding good!

Im very intruiged to see if PX8 can handle vocal centric tracks as masterfully as P9.

Would be interested to hear your take on it too! What are some of your go-to tracks for vocals? Hopefully won't feel like too long of a weekend for you, but at least you have the Bathys to tide you over for a bit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

That’s actually a really apt description of the soundstage of the Px8 vs the old ones. I feel like the sound is directly in front of me at all times here. There’s vertical and horizontal separation, sure, but the spaciousness comes from instrument separation more so than any perception of wide space, which actually I prefer. I don’t want to feel like I’m listening from 100 feet away. I wanna feel like I’m front and center.
I thought the PX I received was broken when I first listened to them :worried: It was so far from their usual sound, I really tried to like them and gave them time, but it didn't work out. I was hoping Px7 changed it, but alas it was very similar. I was a little disappointed at the direction they'd been going in with headphones since Sound United, but with this new Px series, it seems to me they have gone back to their roots more, whether they were enabled by the new tech and materials or had a change of heart.

Also agree re: separation, I can clearly hear the separation, but that is because the sounds themselves are distinct and not because of a perceived physical "spaciousness". That's one of the first feelings I got with these also, that the music is around you, nearby, like your own personal band. It was very warm and inviting.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #359 of 5,215
Yeah :sweat: We've had a few of bad experiences with FedEx particularly over the past two years; things just make their way to the distro center near us then the updates stop and they never get delivered. I know it's is a rough line of work to be in but it's so dumb when that happens for the few things we're anxiously awaiting. Glad y'all finally got yours delivered though.
Well I did complicate things by having them re-routed to one of their sub-stations. It was even reported online that they were out for delivery to the sub-station, then it disappeared. No record of them being delivered anywhere. FEDEX said several times they would update me after I altered them to the issue. They never, ever did. I think they were pinched. Kudos to M&D for replacing them at no cost to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back