Bought DBI Pro 700 off eBay, received MB Quart?
Aug 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #16 of 18
Why not do the unthinkable and contact either manufacturer???
blink.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #17 of 18
Thanks for the replies, nyumetsu and co.  I decided to just get a full refund.  If they were MB Quarts, then they were modified from factory (DBI earpads, both sides had that label without a model number, the cable end) and if they were DBI, then they had a different plug and labels put on.  Either way, the seller was advertising them as new, and having signs of both companies, they clearly weren't.  I decided for my peace of mind to just get a full refund and focus on something else.  If the DBI come up again from a different seller, I may try again.  Actually, probably not.  I'm glad to say that my headphone itch is pretty cured.  I have a pair of K240 Studio perpetually hooked up to my desktop through a Sparrow, AKG K450 and Ultrasone Pro 650 that I can take with me around, thanks to their carrying cases and great quality straight from a uDAC or Macbook, and UE 700 that I have when I need ultra-portability.  I'm happy with the sound quality, and I don't feel that I need to sink any more money. 

However, I am looking for a pilot headset.  Thanks to these forums, I know I can trust Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser.  But, I'm wondering how these compare to the established brands (Pilot USA, David Clark, Lightspeed, etc).  I'd like the Beyer, but their Active Noise ones are $800!

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 18
ya, the beyer pads worked well but jeez, they are so expensive.  I paid 20$ for my dbi pro700 and the better DT770 velor pads for around $40 + shipping...thats nuts

Heh, the dbi pros are special.  Best of luck to you if you try to get the correct ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back