Bottled Water or Tap Water?
Dec 14, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #62 of 138
I drink distilled water at home, only. There is a local company that uses the most advanced distillation process in the world. The hospitals in town use the water exclusively.

There are those that argue against distilled but there are just as many who argue for it. Regardless, I prefer the taste.

At work, I drink Amaro Natural Spring Water, bottled and freely available to government employees (at my other job I have the distilled water from Cristill Rock that, as I stated above, the hospitals use). The Amaro water is taken from a fresh reserve 92 m under hard rock, and is surrounded by 28 million ft^2 of forrest, untouched by industry to date. The only thing close to this well is the plant where the water is bottled. No trucking the water out to an off-site facility.

I'm rather militant about my water.

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #63 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
On the flip note I am constantly amazed by those grounded in good-ol-boy bullsh!t labeling anything that is contrary to what they think they know as "tin foil hat" material.

Grow up, educate yourself, and try and pull yourself out of your ignorance bubble sometime in the next few years.

Yes, I'm sure that the millions of dentists, doctors, and PHD scientists who have over and over again failed to prove a link between normally flourinated water and flourosis are just a giant "good ole boy" network.

For your information, cases of flourosis normally only occur in areas that have well water that is contaminated by lots of naturally occurring flouride in the ground. Texas, New Mexico and Mexico seem to have the most trouble with this.

Let's also forget the benefit that flouride has for millions by helping prevent tooth decay.

If you can name one reputable scientific organization that has been able to prove a causitive link between flouride in tap water and flourosis I'll give you a cookie.

Dec 15, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #64 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmpage2
If you can name one reputable scientific organization that has been able to prove a causitive link between flouride in tap water and flourosis I'll give you a cookie.

Can I have a cookie just because?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #67 of 138
Bottle water only here (Hamilton Tap Water Taste's like crap)
Back home in Ottawa, I drink both. Tap water whenever I'm in the kitchen, bottle water everywhere else because I'm less likely to spill it :/

Dec 15, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #72 of 138
Depends where you live. When I lived in the city (LA) the water was orange and stank. In the suburbs, the water is still brackish, but my main complaint is that it isn't cold enough. Need ice. When I was driving around Yosemite, that tap was the best water I've had in recent memory. And it was cold.

Dec 15, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #73 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by rellik
lol ur joking rite?

Nope i'm not joking

Quote:

Originally Posted by discord
Wow 30 bucks for a couple of ounces. Do you drink that out of a shot glass little by little?

its 30 bucks for the case and it'll last me a couple of weeks.

Dec 15, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #74 of 138
Bottled water here, only because my tap water tastes horrible. I <3 Triton Springs water
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #75 of 138
Just expanding on hardness. As cole said it is a high level of dissolved minerals in the water. Although usually it means calcium and magnesium specifically.

For example with that spring I mentioned. The water had passed through limestone cliffs. Limestone is a form of calcium carbonate. Therefore explaining the hardness as there would have been excessive amounts of calcium in the water.

Anyway, looks like you're buying more than just water armaniwearr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back