Boston/N.E. Meet - Sunday, August 26, 2007 (it's actually in Marlborough)
Jul 28, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #61 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haj you should scratch me off the list.

I'm leaving NE a few days before the meet. I'm sorry you won't be able to hear the CD3000
frown.gif

Aw come on deepak, I thought you were just going to leave all your headphones with me since you'll be too busy working to listen anyway.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #62 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront
So out of all the cans that are gonna be at the meet which one should I pay special attention too for electronic music?

Haha, try them all and let your ears decide, that's the point of these get-togethers.
biggrin.gif

I agree -- that's the beauty of headphones! You can plug them all into an electronic music machine, unlike the old days when almost all music came from non-electronic music boxes known as "violins" and "pianos" and "mouth harps."
tongue.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #63 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw come on deepak, I thought you were just going to leave all your headphones with me since you'll be too busy working to listen anyway.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

You know, I like this idea.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #65 of 201
Well I'm a confirmed yes now.
Should arrive back on the 24'th, just in time.
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #66 of 201
Vendor Update #2:

Ray Samuels is going to join us! I spoke with Ray tonight and he's excited about coming back to Boston. It goes without saying that we're glad to have him and appreciate him traveling to see us.

I also spoke with Mikhail who is currently trying to figure out how he can be in California on Saturday and Boston and Sunday. He and I will be chatting again in a couple of weeks so for now his status is undetermined.

Personal Update:

My DAC is up and running as of this weekend. Details to be unveiled at the meet.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #67 of 201
Quote:

Vendor Update #2:

Ray Samuels is going to join us! I spoke with Ray tonight and he's excited about coming back to Boston. It goes without saying that we're glad to have him and appreciate him traveling to see us.

I also spoke with Mikhail who is currently trying to figure out how he can be in California on Saturday and Boston and Sunday. He and I will be chatting again in a couple of weeks so for now his status is undetermined.

Personal Update:

My DAC is up and running as of this weekend. Details to be unveiled at the meet.
evil_smiley.gif

That's a great news, Nate! Thank you for all your effort!

Great to hear your DAC is up and running!

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #68 of 201
Quote:

Vendor Update #2:

I have been trying to figure out the same thing! Only way it can be done is taking the red eye from CA to Boston, which would have me at the Boston hotel around 7am (have to pay for 2 nights?) and then about 3 hours of sleep before the meet. I might just be crazy enough to try it

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 31, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #69 of 201
Quote:

Vendor Update #2:

Cool! Can't wait to check out his amps and meet the man in person.

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #70 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been trying to figure out the same thing! Only way it can be done is taking the red eye from CA to Boston, which would have me at the Boston hotel around 7am (have to pay for 2 nights?) and then about 3 hours of sleep before the meet. I might just be crazy enough to try it

you would only pay for one night.

I did this before after a very long drive. Got the hotel around 7 paid for one night and got two sleep sessions out of it.

Jul 31, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #71 of 201
I might be able to convince the wife to let me come up for this. If I do, I'll bring mpx3, balanced m3 if it's done, balanced hhf1s, and balanced 580s w/ oracle cable. And apogee minidac.

Jul 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #73 of 201
Oh do come. I'd very much like to hear a K340!

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #74 of 201
Quote:

Vendor Update #2:

That is outstanding news. Mr. Samuels has been at all of the Marlborough-held meets and has made each one just that much more special. He even spent a birthday with us one year (thanks to the lovely Grace for loaning us her B-day boy). Welcome back, Ray!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you would only pay for one night.

I did this before after a very long drive. Got the hotel around 7 paid for one night and got two sleep sessions out of it.

Hey, don't be encouraging him . . . . . .
evil_smiley.gif

Vendor Update:

Fang from Head-Direct sends his regrets, as he will be out of the country, but he will also be sending a pair of PK1s and an O1-DAC digital headamp (maybe a few other tidbits). I have a few PCDPs with optical out, so will have a small setup for those interested in the lil' dac/amp combo. I am excited to try it out.

Wow, folks, the meet is now right around the corner. Really looking forward to the day.

Jul 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #75 of 201
I'll be there.

Phones: HF-1, HD600, K601
Amps: Pimeta, Millet Hybrid, M3, Total Bithead
Sources: rio karma, HR MicroDac, Total Bithead

I may have a Mini^3, depending on how quickly I get the parts orders in and if I get time to build it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back