Boston/N.E. Meet - Saturday August 26 (fine, it's actually in Marlborough)
Jul 20, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #91 of 260
If it is possible, please put me down as a tentative-must check with wife, kids and golf schedule. This is a pretty busy time of year for my family. If I come, I'd like to carry only a manageable amount of gear, so any feedback on what would be the most welcome would be appreciated.

Probable source: MacBook Pro, optical out to

amp/DAC

a) HeadRoom Maxxed out balanced home with Jan 2006 DAC and newest max modules. or

b) Benchmark DAC1 to Raptor, or

c) Headroom mini DAC and mini amp

Phones:

HD650s Balanced Cardas, and Single ended Equinox
GS-1000s
HF-1
AKG 701s
Grado 325i

Thanks.

Please note, no ego here, I'd be happy to come with no equipment, and just listen. So if that would be better, please say so and make my life easier.

Jul 20, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #92 of 260
Count me in. I can bring K701s, a Presonus Central Station, and an Eastsound E5. I can also give rides to up to 4 other headfi'ers. I'm coming from Brighton, and I'd be happy to pick people up who are reasonably close.

Jul 20, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #93 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruppin

Please note, no ego here, I'd be happy to come with no equipment, and just listen. So if that would be better, please say so and make my life easier.

I would love to hear the 325i and the HF-1 personally. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #94 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by stefancolson
Count me in. I can bring K701s, a Presonus Central Station, and an Eastsound E5. I can also give rides to up to 4 other headfi'ers. I'm coming from Brighton, and I'd be happy to pick people up who are reasonably close.

Where are you in Brighton?

Jul 20, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #95 of 260
Quote:

I am in Cambridge, but I can take the T to any subway station.

Can you give me a ride? If so, which subway station is closest to you?

Thank you.
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #96 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
Not sure whether or not i can make it but if i can, heres the likely list of stuff:
-Toshiba CD player
-Zhaolu 2.0 (not sure what mods im going to do to it, its stock right now, i just opened the box today)
-Stax SRM-1/MK-2
-DIY KGSS (hopefully i will finish it in time)
-Stax Lambda Professionals
Put me down for tenative attendance though, as I dont really know if i can give up the last weekend of the summer.

Wow, you pretty much have my "someday" setup right there. I'd just substitute a Squeezebox for a transport. Remind me to be at your table...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #97 of 260
I'm right around Cleveland Circle. Cambridge isn't too far, I can just swing by and pick you up if you need a ride. Or if multiple people need a lift it'd be great if everybody could congregate in one or two places so that I don't have to drive all over the place.

Jul 21, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #98 of 260
Quote:

I'm right around Cleveland Circle. Cambridge isn't too far, I can just swing by and pick you up if you need a ride. Or if multiple people need a lift it'd be great if everybody could congregate in one or two places so that I don't have to drive all over the place.

Yay! Thanks a lot.
biggrin.gif

I live right around Central Square, so I can take the T to Cleveland Circle pretty easily. I don't have anything heavy, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Jul 24, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #100 of 260
I finished my PPA this weekend (well, enough that I can bring it) so after literally a year+ delay I'll finally be showing up to a meet with what I said I would bring.

The PPA

Jul 26, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #102 of 260
Due to financial concerns I will not be able to snag the AD2000s, RS-2s or my new source by meet time. Kind of sucks but I have spent so much already. I hope you guys can understand.
frown.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 11:44 AM Post #103 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
Kind of sucks but I have spent so much already. I hope you guys can understand.
frown.gif

Anyone who does not understand this is probably in denial!
redface.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 1:24 PM Post #104 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
Anyone who does not understand this is probably in denial!
redface.gif

I may even sell some stuff off since I need to pay some CC bills. I really want to improve my credit rating. I figure one decent can from each manufacturer and I will be good.

Aug 1, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #105 of 260
I am out of the game. I am going to be working that Saturday so I will not be attending the meet.
As a lot of you know I am selling most of my collection so that I can catch up on some bills. I would not be selling them if I did not have this debt. Anyway, I am sad that I will not be there as I wanted to listen to a lot of systems and cans. I hope you all have fun and take a lot of pics.

Yikes, thanks for the ride even though I will not need it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back