Boston/N.E. Meet - Saturday August 26 (fine, it's actually in Marlborough)
Jul 11, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #61 of 260
Okay, looks like that day is open for me, so sign me up.

I can bring:
Electrocompaniet ECD-1
Marantz DV7600 (transport and SACD)
Custom variant of Ear+Purist HD
Senn 650/Equinox

I could, but probably will not bring:
full-boat PPA
megamillett on board
Seems that there will not be a shortage of these.

What is Dave bringing to the table?

Jul 11, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #62 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile
I can bring:

Custom variant of Ear+Purist HD

biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #63 of 260
Son of a $#@$@#$#@. On the date of my Barmitzvah
frown.gif

Jul 11, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #65 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
You would make the commute from Canadia
blink.gif

And here I almost didn't attend since I'd be in Maine
plainface.gif

There are places in Maine that are further than places in Canada.

Jul 11, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #66 of 260
Quote:

Okay, looks like that day is open for me, so sign me up...... What is Dave bringing to the table?

Excellent! Me? Well, I will at least be bringing the Ear+HD and the PS-1s. Also the HF-1. Can't wait to hear your custom Ear+ and peek under the hood, especially with the new tube section.

It's the source I end up bringing that is the mystery (especially to me) and why I've waited to publish my list. I have on loan a Consonance Droplet 5.0 but might have to give it back by then. It is indeed big and beautiful and sounds better than it looks.

For portable stuff, I will probably have a Sony D25 Turbo, an iMod Nano (w/Rockbox), the lil' Hornet, and modified KSC-35s.

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #69 of 260
I believe that I’ll have my Exemplar equipment that I’ve already mentioned, but I should have an EAR HP4 amp as well. A friend is sending me one to play with.

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #71 of 260
Ok, I think I know what I'll be bringing to the meet now that I've sold off some of the toys.

Beyerdynamic DT-531
Sennheiser HD600 w/HD650 cable
Koss KSC-35 w/HD650 cable

MisterX PINT (with an Ipod Audio Lineout Cardas dock, for you Ipod users)
SinglePower PPX3-6CG7

Entech Number Cruncher 203.2 DAC

I normally use the DAC with my PC, so I'll probably also bring along my Toshi 3960 as a transport for it.

Jul 12, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #72 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Like bloody bar harbor. Nice place though.

You know Bar Harbor is in the lower third of Maine, right? There's a solid 200+ miles north of that, it gets to a point where they stopped naming the towns because no one lives there.

And for those requiring motivation to come, here's a picture of the beauty that Mark says he'll be brining. I've been lucky enough to hear it and oh my, it's both stunning to look at and to listen to.

medium.jpg

Nate

Jul 12, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #73 of 260
Completely off-topic: are those bunnies in the sig actually the number of kids you guys have? Hope I got that right...

Jul 12, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #74 of 260
I lived at Loring Air Force Base in Limestone, Maine in the early 70s.
It was a long way south to get to Bar Harbor from there. Frikking huge... mile after mile of potato fields, with a crossroad and quonset hut every few miles.
blink.gif

BTW, Nate. I recased that amp in a 3U network switch chassis since that pic was taken.
tongue.gif

Dave: Good to hear from you. I was wondering if you would leave the audio gear at home and bring Sylvia and Rocky instead?
cool.gif

Jul 12, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #75 of 260
Quote:

I lived at Loring Air Force Base in Limestone, Maine in the early 70s.

Ha! I still have a key to the gas station on the base if you want to head back up at some point
icon10.gif

Quote:

BTW, Nate. I recased that amp in a 3U network switch chassis since that pic was taken.
tongue.gif

LIES!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xakepa
Completely off-topic: are those bunnies in the sig actually the number of kids you guys have?

I don't know anything about bunnies but I don't have any kids (that I know of
wink.gif
)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back