Boston/Massachusetts Area Meet: May 28th
May 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #35 of 72
It looks like my finals will be done by the 12th, horay! Can't wait to meet everybody, and I can't wait to try out some serious headphones 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 4, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #37 of 72
I'm tentatively down for this, now that I realized that it's after I go home. :)

Won't be bringing any gear this time, just my ears and me. (Unless I have a very productive week of amp making, and get two amps made in a week.)

May 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #38 of 72
Hopefully I can reserve work off, if so I'm in. I could probably bring AD700's, A40's, and A30's I suppose. If people were interested of course.

May 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #39 of 72
This will be my first meet, but I'm looking forward to it!  I can bring my ATH-M50s if anyone is interested.

May 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #41 of 72

Quote:
This will be my first meet, but I'm looking forward to it!  I can bring my ATH-M50s if anyone is interested.

Yea, bring your setup.  The whole point of these meets is to get together and be able to try out other's setups.  There will no doubt be people who would love to hear the M50.

May 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #43 of 72
If I can get my CTH and SSMH done, here's what I'll be bringing (if I even can make it, which is about a 50% chance).

Headphones: Grado HF2

Sources:
Sony PS-X5 with Signet MR 5.0e cartridge. (no idea what I'll use for a phono pre, I'll find something...)
Denon DN-C680

Amps: Starving Student Millett Hybrid, Cavalli CTH.

I'll be trying by best to take up as much space as possible, it seems. :wink:

May 18, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #45 of 72
We'll see. I could always bring my gigantic old AV receiver I use at home, but it seems a bit excessive.

When I know I'm going for sure I'll let you know. The meet will be pretty much the first time I myself get to hear this turntable. I got it on craigslist while at college and don't have any vinyl or phono preamp here to listen with (plus, it needed a new stylus and to be generally fixed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back