Boston/Massachusetts Area Meet: May 28th
Apr 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #16 of 72

Quote:
I'm if the dinner is in a place that I can sample some great beer as well!

I'm very likely for this meet as the last one was a great time

I think I got a few places in mind, ideally I'd like to find a place with decent parking. I was thinking Sunset Grill and Tap, but parking is such a pain in Allston. They do however have a decent beer selection of 112 beers on tap

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #17 of 72

Quote:

Ah OK, fair enough. You have convinced me to bring the Beta. Just gotta warn you it's not the prettiest thing. I was on a time constraint so I just threw everything together in a Nabu project box. Planning on building a nicer case over the summer, but won't have it completed before the meet. Think there's any need to bring the little dot too, then?

I am going to try to limit myself to bring only two headphones, though, because I only have 2 cases. Any suggestions on which to bring, or does a PS1000 and Symphones Magnums seem reasonable?

Bring what ever you want.  I'm just making a general comment.  The past couple of years I've seen more and more people who decide not to bring something if someone else will also be bringing one.

As for the cosmetics, that doesn't matter one bit.  At long as it's safe, all that matters is the sound.  ^_^

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #19 of 72
Still regretting not going to dinner last time. Definitely down this year.

And pbandstephanwich, my exstata is also in a Nabu box and I can guarantee it is just as cosmetically challenged. I would like to hear the Magnums but the final decision is entirely your choice.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #20 of 72

Quote:
Still regretting not going to dinner last time. Definitely down this year.

And pbandstephanwich, my exstata is also in a Nabu box and I can guarantee it is just as cosmetically challenged. I would like to hear the Magnums but the final decision is entirely your choice.

Well, I will definitely bring the Magnums along for the ride then! I think I will end up bringing the Raffinatos too. I've never been to a meet before (hence the indecisiveness), is there any sort of official gear list that I have to post on?

Apr 13, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #21 of 72

Quote:

Well, I will definitely bring the Magnums along for the ride then! I think I will end up bringing the Raffinatos too. I've never been to a meet before (hence the indecisiveness), is there any sort of official gear list that I have to post on?

I think listing in this thread is about as official as it gets. We can plan table space accordingly based on how much space the gear will probably take, and delegate names to each table. Don't forget strips to power all the equipment!

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #22 of 72

Quote:
We can plan table space accordingly based on how much space the gear will probably take, and delegate names to each table.

Thankfully there isn't really a need for this.  People just show up, find an open space, and setup.  The common rule being take up only as much space as you need.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #23 of 72
I hope I can make it, it all depends on my finals schedule 
angry_face.gif

If I can then this is what I'll bring:

ultrasone pro 900s (keys/J$/blue dragon)
akg k701
fiio e7/e9

as for dinner I don't want to be the only underage one unable to enjoy a few beers 
frown.gif

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #26 of 72
I very well may be in (I'll throw it on my calendar).

I'll be bringing the poor college kid setup

Laptop
Sennheiser HD650 (trapped in an HD580 body)
Audio-gd Compass

I may bring some pairs of gaming headphones as well if anyone has interest in trying a couple of pairs out. I'm certian I'll have atleast 3 or 4 pairs on review from Astro, Turtle Beach, etc by then, if not more.

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #28 of 72
^allston, eh? on the brazilian side or korean?

Apr 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #30 of 72
ahh. im in one of the ugly triplets on allston street towards the bk, lol. allston or griggs t?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back