Boston/Massachusetts Area Meet: May 28th
Apr 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 72

Emooze

500+ Head-Fier
Room is booked, date is set:

We are in the Hilton in Dedham, MA:

25 Allied Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

The hotel is right off of exit 14 on I-95. It is also very near the Dedham stop on the Franklin Commuter Rail Line. There is free parking available.

We are in the New England Room from 10-5 on Saturday, May 28th. Please feel free to show up anytime during then.

If you are new to meets or perhaps need a refresher on what to expect, please read this post. I would like to place special emphasis on bringing a power strip and/or extension cable if you will have stuff you'll be plugging in.

If you don't have any gear to bring, that is perfectly fine. However I will suggest you bring your favorite music in some form or another as it is extremely hard to get a gauge on gear with music you've never heard before.

No lunch will be served so plan accordingly. Catering was well out of my budget, sorry folks.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing you then!

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 72
biggrin.gif
Thanks Emooze!

I'll definitely be there. I could bring donuts and coffee I suppose.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 72
Thanks Adrian! We should make a list of who's bringing what gear as well. I'm planning on bringing the:
KGSS/O2
SFD-2/D2D-1
maybe the SDS+LCD-2, but it'll be alot to lug
Hertsens DAC will come along as well

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 72
Ah yes of course, the gear list

So far I should have:
Twisted Pear Opus DAC (provided I can finish the enclosure)
SS exstata
AMB M3
Stax Lambda Nova Classic
JVC RX-700
Grado SR-80

Apr 8, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 72
Thank you for for organizing this. I am going to try my hardest to make it. Hopefully you'll see me with a case or two of cold local micro-brew in a cooler....fingers crossed.

Apr 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 72
Excellent.  I'm in if I can make it.
My dad will probably come too with a few of his headphone stands for display.
Looking forward.
I'll bring my equipment of course, and I hope others bring their equipment too!

Apr 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 72
In!

Will probably bring:
The Silver Ghost (a DIY OTL tube headphone amp)
HD800
I dont know what else :)

Anyone interested in sharing a hotel room? Driving there and back in 1 day last year was not my brightest moment. 

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #9 of 72
I got permission this morning from the boss to come, I'll be joining again.  Thanks for  setting it up Adrian.

I can bring:

- Stax 007 Mk I
- Modded SRM-727
- Rega DAC or Eastern Electric Minimax DAC

Not sure what I'll have for digital front end, maybe a DVD player, laptop, or iPod digital dock, TBD....

I may also bring my CEToole Millet Max and a cheaper dynamic phone (Shure 840 or similar, don't have any great dynamics).

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #10 of 72
I'm going to try my best to make it, too. I could potentially bring any combination of the following: PS1000, Dath Beyer, Raffinatos, Lambda SB, Denon D2000, MS-Pro (hopefully ms-ultimate by the end of May), K340, Magnum MS2 (if it comes in before then), K701/Black Dragon, Beta22, Little Dot 1+.

Unless anyone would like me to bring anything specifically, I'll plan on bringing the PS1000 and Magnums or K340s. If someone else is bringing a Beta22 I'll just bring the little dot because the Beta22 would be a lot to carry.

I can bring a gamma2, uDAC2, and uDAC for sources, too.

Big thanks to Emooze for organizing this!

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #11 of 72

Quote:
 If someone else is bringing a Beta22 I'll just bring the little dot because the Beta22 would be a lot to carry.  

Never hurts to have more than one though!  It's nice when people can try the same thing, or similar, in different setups.  That way they get to see the variety.

I think too many people think to themselves: "if there is already going to be one there, I don't need to bring mine".  No!!!!!!!!!!  the whole point of head-fi meets is so that people can come and try your setups.  That of course requires you to bring your setup.  ^_^

Apr 12, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #12 of 72

Quote:
I got permission this morning from the boss to come, I'll be joining again.  Thanks for  setting it up Adrian.

I can bring:

- Stax 007 Mk I
- Modded SRM-727
- Rega DAC or Eastern Electric Minimax DAC

Not sure what I'll have for digital front end, maybe a DVD player, laptop, or iPod digital dock, TBD....

I may also bring my CEToole Millet Max and a cheaper dynamic phone (Shure 840 or similar, don't have any great dynamics).

Hm, I would be interested to compare your setup to mine.

Apr 12, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #14 of 72

Quote:
Never hurts to have more than one though!  It's nice when people can try the same thing, or similar, in different setups.  That way they get to see the variety.

I think too many people think to themselves: "if there is already going to be one there, I don't need to bring mine".  No!!!!!!!!!!  the whole point of head-fi meets is so that people can come and try your setups.  That of course requires you to bring your setup.  ^_^

Ah OK, fair enough. You have convinced me to bring the Beta. Just gotta warn you it's not the prettiest thing. I was on a time constraint so I just threw everything together in a Nabu project box. Planning on building a nicer case over the summer, but won't have it completed before the meet. Think there's any need to bring the little dot too, then?

I am going to try to limit myself to bring only two headphones, though, because I only have 2 cases. Any suggestions on which to bring, or does a PS1000 and Symphones Magnums seem reasonable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back