Bose TriPorts
Mar 28, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #31 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and thats gonna make me wanna read your post?

The hate is in jest. It was only six minutes of head time sacrificed.

I've listened to the Triports before. Every time I miss the vocal details that the Triports blur over. The high frequencies up where the cymbals live also suffer.

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #32 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The hate is in jest. It was only six minutes of head time sacrificed.

I know, I was jesting back
tongue.gif

Quote:

I've listened to the Triports before. Every time I miss the vocal details that the Triports blur over. The high frequencies up where the cymbals live also suffer.

thats weird (to me) that you mention vocal details as blurry, what kind of singers do you listen to, in particular? (they aren't as "direct" as Grado's imho, but I'm having no issues with vocals, although we might be missing each other by a mile depending on what you're talking about vs what I'm talking about (might also help to know what you view as "clear" vocal wise, haha))

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #33 of 192
i WAS serious man! come on... learn to actually hear what people with different opinions have t say rather than having an im-right-and-if-you-disagree-you-should-****-yourself-coz-i-wont-listen-to-you attitude. you like em, good for you. i said they were ok, but ive heard way better. end of story.

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #35 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayeshrc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i WAS serious man! come on... learn to actually hear what people with different opinions have t say rather than having an im-right-and-if-you-disagree-you-should-****-yourself-coz-i-wont-listen-to-you attitude. you like em, good for you. i said they were ok, but ive heard way better. end of story.

I'll respond to this one, and just this one

I do listen to other people's opinions, and I do respect them, but think about this: your ears are not my ears, my ears are not your ears, I like one thing, you like something else, so whats the point of brow-beating over disagreement on a product?

and like I said, if you're gonna post an opinion in a mature and reasonable way, even if it disagrees with someone else, go for it (i.e: most of the first page, and Ham Sandwich's posts, along with probably half of head-fi proper), but don't pidgeonhole people into a stereotype for not following your opinion, and don't call someone narrow-minded for taking offense at being stereotyped, because neither of those is really a diplomatic approach to spreading your opinion (and if you can't see that, I can't help you, have a teacher, relgious leader, camp counsellor, etc (someone who has to deal with comparative objective morality in practice) explain it to you)

Mar 28, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #36 of 192
Bob, calm down. kool bubba ice's post, others are not intended to offend you.

Well, Kool's post is just typical response from a typical head-fi'er about Bose Triport.

I began to doubt how many of us here in head-fi actually listened these headphones very carefully and with long period of time, with different setups and environments.

It is now almost 2 years I sold my Triport for my first HD650 (man, I bought these for 240$! Too bad they got stolen among others...)

Other than overwhelming bass issue, they are not bad. And to be serious there are a lot of bassy cans to the point almost uncontrollable I've heard (DT770, many cheap cans mentioned as 'good' in head-fi, D5000 and SA5000 in less extent) But only Bose is under attack.... because...

Of course there are sayings "they are not accurate", "not natural", "fake", "colored". But so do many other cans. It is well known that Audio Technica cans have serious coloration in mid-range (I bought A700 to one of my friend as a gift. He immediately pointed out this problem and ended up prefer cheapy AKG K66 studio headphones which I gave them as gift a long time ago) SA3000 and SA5000 have insane emphasize on treble (and people think as detail... simply What? SA3000s are a bit more gentle than SA5000.) Sennheisers have 'veils' (which I doubt its existence, but well..) But only Bose is under attack.... because...

Yeah, because they are 'Bose'.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #37 of 192
Quote:

OK dude.

You are doing your math homework, and you made a mistake on one of problems.

One of your friends comes to you and said.....

"You ****** that's not ******* right answer. Learn to do math and grow your brain!"

or

"Hey, I think that one is wrong. Shall I give you some advice?"

Would you listen to him if former one is what he said?
You need to show respect and manner if you want your opinion to be heard. kool's post miserably fails at this.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #38 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll respond to this one, and just this one

I do listen to other people's opinions, and I do respect them, but think about this: your ears are not my ears, my ears are not your ears, I like one thing, you like something else, so whats the point of brow-beating over disagreement on a product?

and like I said, if you're gonna post an opinion in a mature and reasonable way, even if it disagrees with someone else, go for it (i.e: most of the first page, and Ham Sandwich's posts, along with probably half of head-fi proper), but don't pidgeonhole people into a stereotype for not following your opinion, and don't call someone narrow-minded for taking offense at being stereotyped, because neither of those is really a diplomatic approach to spreading your opinion (and if you can't see that, I can't help you, have a teacher, relgious leader, camp counsellor, etc (someone who has to deal with comparative objective morality in practice) explain it to you)

i did post it in a reasonable way. i didnt force my opinion on anyone. you just got your panties in an uproar when i did and blew everything out of proportion. go read my first post again.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #40 of 192
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK dude.

You are doing your math homework, and you made a mistake on one of problems.

One of your friends comes to you and said.....

"You ****** that's not ******* right answer. Learn to do math and grow your brain!"

or

"Hey, I think that one is wrong. Shall I give you some advice?"

Would you listen to him if former one is what he said?
You need to show respect and manner if you want your opinion to be heard. kool's post miserably fails at this.

i was the second type in my first post. obob-whatever took it the wrong way and when i tried explaining calmly, he didnt wanna listen so i just said ****in grow up and stop taking things so personally.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #41 of 192
Quote:

But only Bose is under attack.... because...

and it was apparently too much to ask for head-fi'ers to approach something like this in a diplomatic manner....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<reflects upon what wnmnkh has said...and nods. point taken.>

beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #42 of 192
Quote:

But only Bose is under attack.... because...

i think its more like because bose tries to project itself as better than most (if not all) other headphone manufacturer out there, they get flamed more than other companies.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:10 AM Post #43 of 192
Quote:

i did post it in a reasonable way. i didnt force my opinion on anyone. you just got your panties in an uproar when i did and blew everything out of proportion. go read my first post again.

I do believe that it is you, my friend, whose panties are making loud noises and moving about.

I'll be on my way out now, this is gonna get nasty here in a few posts I'm afraid.

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #44 of 192
Quote:

i was the second type in my first post. obob-whatever took it the wrong way and when i tried explaining calmly, he didnt wanna listen so i just said ****in grow up and stop taking things so personally.

Oh really?

Quote:

GROW UP AND LIVE WITH IT.

Quote:

if you're some rich guy who thinks he can win some friends over by flaunting a bose pair, then by all means go for em.

You and I have very different understandings regarding the definition of 'offensive', it seems.

He went rage because you provoked him at the first time (but it does not mean that his response was fine as well.)

Mar 28, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #45 of 192
thinking objectively about this issue is difficult. on one hand, i want to avoid mindless bose-bashing. on the other, i don't want to overcompensate in the opposite direction.

obobskivich's impressions - one of the rare serious reviews of Bose headphones - have moved to place a pair of cheap Bose OEs on my watchlist (at a local online trading site), but i don't think he's made a case for these to be headphones to come into our recommendation radar. i'm not sure's he's even intended to do that. if any one asks for ~$100 comfy, closed, full-sized headphones, I'd still suggest a host of cheaper headphones headphones than the Bose OE. At $140, it's in a weird place. There are lots of good slightly-sub-$100 cans to be had, and the next step is usually to go over $200. I can't see anyone recommending Bose OE even if they did take bob's impressions at face value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back