Bose Triport Thread
Aug 9, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #257 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by D555
Is there going to be a new model called the Penta-port?

Paul

Actually, there was to be a Bose Quattroporte some years back. Too bad Maserati threatened to sue.
wink.gif

And for a real rarity, try to find a copy of the original Duoports. Now that was a headphone.

BW

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #259 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiegirl89
i fell in love with these things after wearing a friends pair for five minutes
biggrin.gif
i would love to acquire some but my budget is only around $70 or $75. any suggestions?

Grado SR60. They're the next best thing.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #260 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Grado SR60. They're the next best thing.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Just so that indiegirg89 don't get the wrong impression.. the SR60 is way way better than the Triports in terms of sound.

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #261 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral_Mamba
Just so that indiegirg89 don't get the wrong impression.. the SR60 is way way better than the Triports in terms of sound.

That's what I was getting at, trying to see a hint of sarcasm in the member's post, where the
biggrin.gif
is. And I agree, in all seriousness(sorry gpalmer), the SR60's in the real world will smack the Triports like a bratty little chump that totally had it coming- I have a pair, and for my money, they are worth far more than the $69 I paid for them. See the Grado SR60 appreciation thread for more on that.

...And back to the bizzaro thread we go!
580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #262 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by spencexxx
Wow, I checked out the Triports at Karstadt here in Liepzig Germany a few weeks ago. It was the setup with the matching sexy CD player. Well, the CD player didn't work so I plugged it into my Iriver (with SRS and WOW set to the Maxxxx of course!).
Unfortunatly, the right driver was on the fritz, but just the rich-creamy-balanced-tonaly-accurate-timbre-neutral-balance-comfort-intuative analytical-resolved-audiophile-engineered sound in my left ear was enough to whiten my teeth and cause my left testicle to swell to twice it's normal size with powerful man-seed! I can only imagine the aural bliss that would go along with a totally undefective model! Anyone ever seen one?

I've been missing out on something here! I have heard that those Headfier's keep the goood stuff to themselves. Time to whisk myself off to the nearest Apple Shop and try me some of those good soundz.

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #263 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
That's what I was getting at, trying to see a hint of sarcasm in the member's post, where the
biggrin.gif
is. And I agree, in all seriousness(sorry gpalmer), the SR60's in the real world will smack the Triports like a bratty little chump that totally had it coming- I have a pair, and for my money, they are worth far more than the $69 I paid for them. See the Grado SR60 appreciation thread for more on that.

...And back to the bizzaro thread we go!
580smile.gif
Abe

SHHHHH he can buy my triports for 60 bux!
icon10.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #264 of 422
I understand that Bose, being in the Northeastern USA made a special version for the Kennedy's called the Hyannis-port.

A special version was also made for Nike called the Air-port.

icon10.gif

Paul

Aug 9, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #268 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiegirl89
What is that a picture of??? haha

Red says the first is Tripe, the second is ORT.

TripeORT = Triport!
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:12 PM Post #269 of 422
On Sunday's episode of MTV's "Pimp My Ride," a show that ONLY uses the highest quality parts available, a music lover's car got "pimped" with a massive 300+ lb. speaker; to compliment this very loud speaker Xzibit gave the owner a pair of BOSE headphones. "X" mentioned that they are THE best headphones available. That should be enough to sway any of you potential buyers on the fence.

Aug 9, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #270 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
On Sunday's episode of MTV's "Pimp My Ride," a show that ONLY uses the highest quality parts available, a music lover's car got "pimped" with a massive 300+ lb. speaker; to compliment this very loud speaker Xzibit gave the owner a pair of BOSE headphones. "X" mentioned that they are THE best headphones available. That should be enough to sway any of you potential buyers on the fence.

I would fully expect the Bose TriPort to appeal to anyone whose tastes run in the direction of 300+ pound subwoofers! Nice matchup!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back