Bose Triport Thread
Jul 25, 2005 at 6:56 PM Post #196 of 422
2 things here...

How come Bose never puts their specs out for us to see...

I showed one of my friends this forum, and after reading a lot of the comments on bose, he pointed out this thread and....
well...
um...
he headed to Amazon and bought some...

Jul 25, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #197 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estilo
2 things here...

How come Bose never puts their specs out for us to see...

I showed one of my friends this forum, and after reading a lot of the comments on bose, he pointed out this thread and....
well...
um...
he headed to Amazon and bought some...

Bose doesn't show specs for any/most of their products I think . . . wodner why. (google "Bose FAQ" for some light reading . .)

And he bought some cuz of us?!! Damn you gpalmer! How many people! How many!!!!!!!

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #198 of 422
My friend hasn't even heard them...

I have and I thought they sounded like crap before I came across this forum.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #199 of 422
Quote:

That means you were pre-destined to find this place, young whelp.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #200 of 422
Quote:

My friend hasn't even heard them...

DON'T TRUST US!

People here have a tendency to exagerate the quality of some cans, in particular if they are the FOTM (see above).

Yes, Bose Triports are good. "How good"should the question be. Can they rival the Sennheiser Orpheus? Some say yes (because of Bose intensive research done in the long years since the Orpheus has been released). Are they as good as Grado RS1, or just in between Grado RS1 and RS2? Better or worse than the Sennheiser MX500? It depends on one's taste. Your friend has done a good thing, actually. Encouraging a young and advertising-shy company by buying their products is always good for economy.

Jul 25, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #201 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
DON'T TRUST US!

People here have a tendency to exagerate the quality of some cans, in particular if they are the FOTM (see above).

Yes, Bose Triports are good. "How good"should the question be. Can they rival the Sennheiser Orpheus? Some say yes (because of Bose intensive research done in the long years since the Orpheus has been released). Are they as good as Grado RS1, or just in between Grado RS1 and RS2? Better or worse than the Sennheiser MX500? It depends on one's taste. Your friend has done a good thing, actually. Encouraging a young and advertising-shy company by buying their products is always good for economy.

Dude, that's just mean and evil.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #202 of 422
Bose are the best, I know because I read it on the internet. If its on the internet then it must be true.

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #203 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rkawa
Bose are the best, I know because I read it on the internet. If its on the internet then it must be true.

You realize we are reading this on the internet.
tongue.gif

BW

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #205 of 422
Quote:

You realize we are reading this on the internet.
BW

OH absolutely, Its all true, it must be because its on the internet. If it wasn't true it wouldn't be on the internet.

Jul 25, 2005 at 8:52 PM Post #206 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
env_triport_l.jpg

'nuff said! These are the best!
biggrin.gif

It looks like someone blew him away with a hard right. A head-fier perhaps?

Jul 25, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #207 of 422
The day Larry perfects a woody Headphile Bose Triport is the day I die in bliss.

Scratch that.

There is no need to woody or recable the Bose. How can you improve upon perfection?
eggosmile.gif

Jul 25, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #208 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
The day Larry perfects a woody Headphile Bose Triport is the day I die in bliss.

Scratch that.

There is no need to woody or recable the Bose. How can you improve upon perfection?
eggosmile.gif

Wah, I want woody Triports.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, do Triports sound better than Sony V-craps?

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #209 of 422
I would not hurry in replacing Bose Triport original cable with any aftermarket one.

Yes, I read about the fierce competition between Zu, Stefan AudioArt and Cardas to produce a cable able to do justice to the Triports, but... guess what. I carefully detached the Bose Triports cable (which, BTW, did not alterate in any way their sonic characteristics!) and I am using it now with my HD600.

Conclusion: check the FS forum for my ad ("FS:Cardas cable for HD600, priced to go!").

Mmmm... HD600 + Bose Triports cable = aural bliss.

Jul 25, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #210 of 422
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
And he bought some cuz of us?!! Damn you gpalmer! How many people! How many!!!!!!!

Our sarcasm is just too powerful for the uninitiated.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back