Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement
Jul 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #61 of 186
So Bose is Suing Beats becuase they are trying to take their place in the "expensive headphones that sound like ass for people who know nothing about audio" market ?

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #62 of 186
Bose won in a lower court ruling...

The lower court rulings are moot in light of the Supreme Court ruling.

You said "The case went all the way to the US Supreme Court, which vindicated Bose." Anyone reading this would come to conclude that Bose prevailed in the Supreme Court. They did not. I just wanted to clarify that.

se

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #63 of 186
The lower court rulings are moot in light of the Supreme Court ruling.

You said "The case went all the way to the US Supreme Court, which vindicated Bose." Anyone reading this would come to conclude that Bose prevailed in the Supreme Court. They did not. I just wanted to clarify that.

se

If you read my previous 2 posts I did clarify that. Moot point indeed.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #65 of 186
What are you talking about? They're not suing Ultrasone.
lol. Ultrasone makes some decent stuff. The sig DJ's for example are very good. But I guess its opinion.

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #66 of 186
Looks like Bose finally reveals some product specifications otherwise never found on any box ever.
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #68 of 186
So Bose is Suing Beats becuase they are trying to take their place in the "expensive headphones that sound like ass for people who know nothing about audio" market ?

Butt what's your point?

Hope you ain't trying to rear end this thread...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY84MRnxVzo[/VIDEO]

Ok, I'm done rear here :D

Jul 28, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #69 of 186

​

By now, most of you probably know that Apple recently acquired Beats for around $3 billion, so some may find the timing of Bose's lawsuit interesting.

Thats not the word Id use. Same thing happened when Oculus VR was purchased by Facebook, and a lawsuit landed by Zenimax if i Recall correctly. (Fun fact here, the guy who originally started the VR did so with kickstarter money, and then he sold it to FB for 3 billion along with his partners that invested in the project as well. You draw your own conclusions here).

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #70 of 186
  Intriguing. I always thought Bose had the best ANC technology ever(though Sony and few other manufacturers are getting much better nowadays). I honestly can see why Bose would defend their technology fiercely. It's one of their only major selling points. Though the timing is bit awkward to be honest. Apple is not going to be easy to fight against. Even other giant companies(ahm... Samsung perhaps) are having great difficulty fighting Apple in law suits.

Ya I agree. Also it is quite hard to fight Apple and it seems they are paying off the government too. I remember one of the suits between Samsung vs Apple was going on and Samsung actually won the suit but Obama overruled Apple's punishment. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #74 of 186
This doesn't sound like a patent-troll. ANC takes legitimate implementation to work properly, and if the design was copied (which I am not able to judge, but I'll give Bose the benefit of the doubt) then I can see this as a proper use of the patent system. The purpose of a patent is to give the creator(s) of a technology the rights, UNLESS its implemented differently. If Beats did copy Bose's patented implementation, I have no problem with the lawsuit.

It's not like being sued for having rounded corners on a smartphone.

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #75 of 186
This doesn't sound like a patent-troll. ANC takes legitimate implementation to work properly, and if the design was copied (which I am not able to judge, but I'll give Bose the benefit of the doubt) then I can see this as a proper use of the patent system. The purpose of a patent is to give the creator(s) of a technology the rights, UNLESS its implemented differently. If Beats did copy Bose's patented implementation, I have no problem with the lawsuit.

It's not like being sued for having rounded corners on a smartphone.
Lumia-Black-Update-Now-Available-for-AT-T-Nokia-Lumia-925-417883-2.jpg
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back