Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement
Jul 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #46 of 186
disCHORDdubstep, there is a soundlink mini. just search up reviews on it. it seems like a very good effort from bose.

Jul 26, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #47 of 186
Bose has always inflamed the high end community, ever since Amar Bose challenged a very negative review published by Consumer Reports on the company's first loudspeaker, the Bose 901. The case went all the way to the US Supreme Court, which vindicated Bose.

Bose lost in the Supreme Court ruling 6-3.

se

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #48 of 186
Are you insane? $10 says all top level Yamaha employees are required to attain a 5th level black-belt in their choice of any Japanese martial arts! :p

Anyway, this whole patent war is ridiculous. One thing that hasn't been said is the fact that technically Bose did not create 'active noise cancelling', they simply implemented the concept (first) in their headsets for commercial and military use. Simply put, noise cancelling is physics. You take the source's sound wave and inverse it, therefore the two waves cancel each other out. Theoretically speaking, virtually anyone with a microphone and speaker can create their own active noise cancelling device. Now if Beats actually pulled a China and literally copied Bose's ANC technology circuit for circuit, as opposed to using their in-house developed ANC technology, then, and only then can I see this being a viable patent case. Otherwise Bose is simply trying to pull off a convenient cash grab from the one of the world's richest company. That said, one simply has to listen to each companies' offering and realize that Beats DID NOT copy Bose's technology. And both still sound like poo to my ears!

:beerchug:  

LoL - you may have a point with Yamaha black belts.

But ANC sounds like poo to you?

Man that's some heavy schiit issue you got goin on there.

Bose's ANC sound like peace and quiet to me - no schiit :wink:

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #49 of 186
But ANC sounds like poo to you?

No no, just the Bose house sound and Beat's crap-sound, not Bose ANC, and especially not ANC in their aviators .

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #50 of 186
   If the details of the claims hold up and Beats is held in violation, Apple will be paying up. In any case, the Lawyers always win.

I dunno, I think Apple employs Mr. Burn's lawyers (or at least that's how I always viewed them). 
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #52 of 186
An
Oh I only wear my Bose when commuting - never in the house and I wear my beats just to look cool and get respect from my cooler peers :wink:
and because the studio 2.0's and solo 2.0's are a great portable headphone with a decent amount of detail. :wink:

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #54 of 186
I dunno, I think Apple employs Mr. Burn's lawyers (or at least that's how I always viewed them). :p  

Smithers, release the Hounds! Lol

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #55 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD 

If the details of the claims hold up and Beats is held in violation, Apple will be paying up. In any case, the Lawyers always win.

I dunno, I think Apple employs Mr. Burn's lawyers (or at least that's how I always viewed them). 
tongue.gif

I heard that Bart went to law school and has joined Apple's legal team.

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #56 of 186
  They  would have been better off before Apple took over, me thinks.

Hmm that depends, I have a feeling undre Dr Dre, Bose might have had an eaiser case as I doubt he can defend the product as well as Apple can, but with Apple Bose stands grounds to... do something worthwhile. Attack Dr Dre would do nothing for Bose. Yea he's rich, he capitilzed on a market before any one else, I respect him for that. Techincally though he didn't do anything great or even worthwhile. From a marketing aspect the Beats headphones was a huge win, from a technical stand point... not much going on

how ever, for Bose to sue Apple on the grounds of technical infirngements, they do stand to gain something, if they can de bunk apple they stand to gain a share of Apple's customers, I mean there are two things comsumers like, iPods and Beats Headphones

Bose used to be super popular before beats came around, and it seems like Bose wants to get back into that market, what better way to build it's customer base than claim that the Beats Headphones Under Apple, are just imitations of previous Released Bose cans? Attacking and winning a legal battle again'st Apple seems to be a smarter move for them as far as building credibility goes or proving it's technical merits 

Jul 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #57 of 186
Bose lost in the Supreme Court ruling 6-3.

se

Bose won in a lower court ruling when a Federal District Judge in Mass. found that Consumers Union changed the original draft of the review of the 901 speaker written by the author, who testified against Consumers Union at the trial. The case was appealed, and ultimately Bose lost when they could not prove intentional malice. The case took 14 years to reach its conclusion.

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #58 of 186
Just to clarify, I agree with the Supreme Court ruling in the Bose case. It preserved our free speech rights. If Bose had won, it would have opened the door to a flood of lawsuits anytime a negative review was written about anything.

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #59 of 186
Just to clarify, I agree with the Supreme Court ruling in the Bose case. It preserved our free speech rights. If Bose had won, it would have opened the door to a flood of lawsuits anytime a negative review was written about anything.

another good point 

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #60 of 186
like a dictatorship regime basically...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back