Bose Quiet Comfort 15 (QC15): Impressive noise cancellation
Nov 23, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #32 of 89

Quote:
the audio technicas apparently have better sound than bose, and slightly worse noise cancellation. but the at's are only 100

Having heard the NC audio technicas and QC2/QC15s,  I absolutely agree with this statement.

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #34 of 89

Quote:
Quote:
the audio technicas apparently have better sound than bose, and slightly worse noise cancellation. but the at's are only 100

Having heard the NC audio technicas and QC2/QC15s,  I absolutely agree with this statement.

I definitely liked my ANC7 more than the QC3's, but were they very noticeably better sounding than the QC15?

Nov 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #35 of 89
For me the priority was superior NC not SQ, so I plan to stick with the Bose for now.  Not going to lie though.  I would rather pay the AT price.  I might just buy the ATs and spend a week comparing the NC between it and the Bose.  The loser gets returned for refund. 

Nov 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #36 of 89
i have had many nc headphones.
i agree that comfort and nc ability come 1st on a plane trip (i'm on a trip right now). i also agree that bose are very good in nc ability. 
i have had
able planets
boses
technicas
akgs
jvcs
panasonics
sonys

my faves are the able planets. biggest and cushiest, great nc. the bose have great nc, but muddy sound, not as cushy. the technicas -anc27- nicest sound but not very cushy (i have big ears), medium nc ability. 

Nov 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #37 of 89

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I definitely liked my ANC7 more than the QC3's, but were they very noticeably better sounding than the QC15?

I have read many reviews about the anc7b, but not the anc7 but if you're not an audiophile, or you don't recognize the difference from two pairs of headphones than you should not notice the difference.  Apparently the anc7b doesn't sound good with the nc off

Nov 25, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #38 of 89
most nc headphones dont sound good with the nc off. some have no sound at all with the nc off!

only jvc and akg sound the same with the nc off

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #40 of 89

Quote:

Quote:
most nc headphones dont sound good with the nc off. some have no sound at all with the nc off!

Sennheiser PXC450 sound good without noise cancelling :)

apparently they don't sound too good with noise cancelling, and the noise cancelling is not to good. have you heard them or are you just very knowledgable haha

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #41 of 89

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

apparently they don't sound too good with noise cancelling, and the noise cancelling is not to good. have you heard them or are you just very knowledgable haha

I have a pair of PXC450's.  Considering they are over 3 years old, they are still good ANC headphones.  Where did you hear that they dont sound too good w/ NC or that the NC is not good?  It uses NoiseGuard 2.0 like the other ANC's Sennheisers produce - it was (along woth the PXC350) the first to have NG 2.0

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #42 of 89

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have a pair of PXC450's.  Considering they are over 3 years old, they are still good ANC headphones.  Where did you hear that they dont sound too good w/ NC or that the NC is not good?  It uses NoiseGuard 2.0 like the other ANC's Sennheisers produce - it was (along woth the PXC350) the first to have NG 2.0

Somebody was doing a comparison of the qc15's, anc7b's, and the PXC450's.  I just read the review and i mixed it up.  It was they had the best sound out of all of them, but the noise cancelling was very bad compared to both of the other models

Nov 26, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #43 of 89
Get the PXC450 for $249 at Newegg /w free shipping:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106218&Tpk=pxc%20450
I would get them, but I have no need for NC anymore. 

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #44 of 89
I purchased the QC15 a couple of months ago after trying a number of diffent makes.
As far as noise cancellation goes you can't go past the QC15's and the sound is quite reasonable.
They are not in the same park as my Stax 404 but I couldn’t find a stax plane adaptor.

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #45 of 89
i tried the QC2 ..they are the best active noise cancelling HPs i have tried ...they dont have good quality ...they wont serve you as your main HP but in terms of noise cancillation they are at the top, of what i have tried! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back