Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Apr 10, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #1,126 of 1,152
Hello PPL,

I was quite surprised that the Bose Sound true 2 has better sound quality than the QC 35 ii and being that I also have the Sony wh1000xm3 I can clearly tell that the sound on the Sonys are clearly better but the comfort on the Bose QC 35s beats it to it. Good luck PPL and if you are going to buy ANC headphones get the Sony WH1000XM3.

Apr 24, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #1,127 of 1,152
I'm considering a QC 35 for TV listening to upgrade upon my current TV headphones, the Sennheiser HD 4.40.

Does anybody use them this way? I'm considering some of the Sennheiser RS range as an alternative, but I hear the isolation is poor and isolation is of utmost importance.

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #1,128 of 1,152
Hello PPL,

I was quite surprised that the Bose Sound true 2 has better sound quality than the QC 35 ii and being that I also have the Sony wh1000xm3 I can clearly tell that the sound on the Sonys are clearly better but the comfort on the Bose QC 35s beats it to it. Good luck PPL and if you are going to buy ANC headphones get the Sony WH1000XM3.
I would wait for the xm4
I had the xm3 for one week and returned it.
No voice canceling
Ground hiss
No docking of 2 units (ipad and iphone)

May 14, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #1,129 of 1,152
I have been using the Bose QC35 for about two and a half years now. They were an upgrade purchase to a pair of QC15's that I used for about a year and a half...and then left in a restaurant. Sighs.

My usage parameters:
  • I travel a *lot* and want something to reduce ambient noise
  • Occasionally I like to drift off into my own world while watching Netflix at home
  • I appreciate hearing details in my music
For the first point the Bose QC35 excel. They block a lot of ambient noise, especially the tiring drone of airplane or train engines, and they are exceptionally comfortable and durable. I have slept countless times using these headphones without any issues. Two and a half years of travel is not kind. They were clearly built for this.

For the second point, once again the QC35 excel. Sometimes people dislike the way that closed-back headphones have a limited soundstage, the way that the music or movie might appear to be in your head rather than sound coming from outside. I actually like this effect when I am in the "own world" mode. The Bose QC35 are not exceptionally worse or better that competitors when it comes to soundstage, but they do have solid ambient and active noise suppression. The end result is something pleasant to use.

Finally, when it comes to hearing details in your music, Bose performs well on this front with a slightly warm signature. They have a good sound profile and solid ability to produce sound in the bass, mid and treble regions. The warmness of the sound - which puts a slight but not overbearing emphasis on the bass - makes for easy listening over extended periods. This is somewhat tied to individual users, and it is worth noting that I am not a fan of excessive treble, but my tastes seem to be in-line with a majority of other users.

Ending note:

I appreciate what the QC35 accomplish with few compromises. They have a more neutral sound profile than headphones I have tried in the bass-heavy Beats range and - somewhat to my surprise - I found them clearer and more enjoyable from a music perspective than the newer Sony WH-1000XM3.

The former can be great fun for certain types of music such as R&B, Pop, Electric Rock but sounded less suited to Classical, Acoustic and Jazz or Blues for me.

Meanwhile, the latter sounded a tiny bit muffled compared to the QC35. Objective analysis of their sound profile does show they are slightly bass-heavy so this probably depends entirely on user preferences. I would agree that the QC35 "have a slightly better default sound that does not have as much high bass as the WH-1000XM3, which makes them sound a tad bit more balanced overall."

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #1,130 of 1,152
There will be no Bose QC45
The next step after the QC35II is called QC700
And this headphone is not foldable and has no buttons

I am not sure, if people will like it when traveling.

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #1,131 of 1,152
There will be no Bose QC45
The next step after the QC35II is called QC700
And this headphone is not foldable and has no buttons
I am not sure, if people will like it when traveling.

I travel a lot. At the moment Bose QC35 are my default choice and they are excellent...except the case is bulky. As much as I love the improvements in sound and isolation promised by the 700, I need to think carefully about what I will select for travel. I am thinking in ear...I guess that means I’ll be looking at the 700 in ear rather than over ear. Hm...

For a business traveler like myself these considerations outweigh aesthetics by a large margin.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #1,132 of 1,152
I hope the qc700 can now cancel human voices and has no hiss.
The previous models like qc35 and xm3 had hiss and could not eleminate voices.

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #1,136 of 1,152
The QC35 (1st gen) are on sale for ~€134, which seems like a real bargain even though they're now discontinued. However, I currently have the QC25 and am wondering if it's really worth the upgrade. From reading this thread, the sound signature seems to be mostly the same. I mostly use the QC25 in an office setting.

I recently tried the Sony WH-1000XM3 but ended up returning them due to not feeling as comfy as the QC25. I also disliked the muddy bass. You can find my thoughts here.

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #1,137 of 1,152
Greetings everyone. Tried the XM4 but they are awfully PAINFUL on my skull and outer ear. My QC35II comes tomorrow and I'm very excited with their supposed comfort. Sony's were perfect and have so many cool features but no use if I can't actually wear them. I heard the 700 has even more clamp force than the XM4??

Anyhow is there any news on QC35iii?

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,138 of 1,152
Haven't tried the XM4, but the XM3 weren't as airy and a bit less comfortable than the QC 35's (1st gen).

I didn't think going from the QC25 to the QC35 would be a big deal, but being wireless is really convinent during virtual meetings, which is where I primarily use them.

For ~€134 I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Feb 12, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #1,139 of 1,152
I had QC15 Qc25 Qc35 XM3 XM4

best comfort with QC - fits perfect
i returned Xm3 and XM4 and hope for a XM45 with human NC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back