Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jul 30, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #332 of 1,152
Been using the QC 35's for the past week just thought I'd share some of my opinions on them:

- Noise cancellation is excellent, as expected. Seriously the world around you just disappears.

- You turn them on and it instantly connects to up to 2 devices that are within range. No hassle, it just works every time and works quickly

- Very comfortable

- Excellent battery life and it charges quick too

- They fold up nice and the case it comes with is perfect to throw in a backpack or something and take it anywhere

- They are CLEARLY equalized and have a colored sound signature on all songs at any volume

- They do not sound nearly as good as other $350 headphones I've tried

- Comparing them with the HD 600's on a wired connection with the same AMP/DAC, there's absolutely no comparison in sound quality. Same goes when comparing to the 400i's

- The wired cable it comes with is short and thin and would likely break or tear with basic use over time, although you likely wouldn't be using it much anyway

In-all, I feel you're paying $150 for sound quality and $200 for the noise cancellation/wireless technology. They're not bad sounding, but if you're comparing them to other hi-fi headphones in the same price category there's really no competition. Either way if you want a comfortable, wireless pair of headphones to travel with or to just kick back on the couch with at night with, they're a good option.

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #333 of 1,152
This is an iOS 10 beta bug, not sure what's causing it but restarting the headphones sometimes help while rebooting the phone definitely works. It wasn't present in beta 1 (developer), started in developer beta 2 (public beta 1). Assume it'll be fixed at some point. Doesn't happen to all headphones (my Beoplay H7, for instance), but does happen with a cheap pair for the gym, qc35, and soundsport wireless.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #334 of 1,152
White noise is normal for all qc35,qc25,qc15
Bose cannot eleminate this noise until now
There will not be any firmwareupdate to make the noise silent.

I am really wondering, that bombarde does hear nothing - could be an empty battery

I dont know how they did it, but the AKG N90Q is the only headphone I've ever heard with a ACN without any induced HISS, Harmonics or other distortion.

Aug 1, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #335 of 1,152
Had these since day 1, love them. But switch stopped working properly about a week ago; before, I could flip the switch to cycle between paired Bluetooth devices, mine stopped doing that about a week ago, I had to use the app to switch devices, which is fine I guess, as long as I had a connected device with the app, if somehow neither of the 2 connected devices was an iOS device then I'd be kindda screwed. Basically I think the connection to the Bluetooth side of the contact was not working, I couldn't get it into pairing mode without using the app either.

Just now, the switch just completely broke, it's loose and seems like it's off track, it's not connected to the spring anymore. Definitely bringing these to the Bose store nearby later today.

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #336 of 1,152
They replaced them with a brand new pair at the Bose store, I bought them from Amazon originally and they were cool about that. Hopefully the switch on these doesn't fail as easily.

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #337 of 1,152
Has anyone had issues updating to the new 1.06 firmware? When I got them I could update them to 1.05 via the Bose update website and included cable but when I do it now it detects the headphones and the new firmware but it just flashes up for a split second can't be selected.

I've tried it on three different laptops and usb cables with no luck. Can't update via the iPhone app either it's just greyed out.

Is there a way to factory reset these or something? Couldn't find anything in the user manual.

Aug 1, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #338 of 1,152
Has anyone had issues updating to the new 1.06 firmware? When I got them I could update them to 1.05 via the Bose update website and included cable but when I do it now it detects the headphones and the new firmware but it just flashes up for a split second can't be selected.

I've tried it on three different laptops and usb cables with no luck. Can't update via the iPhone app either it's just greyed out.

Is there a way to factory reset these or something? Couldn't find anything in the user manual.

I just used the website to do the upgrade from 1.05 to 1.06 with no issues. I used an iMac if that matters at all. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #339 of 1,152
Just got these pretty much purely based on Tyl's review at Innerfidelity. I'm very happy with them. They have the Sq of a good wired headphone at about the price I paid. Build quality is a bit plasticky, but it's very light and comfortable. Better than my Sony 1abt playing ldac, which indicates that tuning of the headphone is more important than the bluetooth transmission codec used.

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #340 of 1,152
Bose did some updates for their ios app 2.01, BUT they do not tell us, what. :frowning2:
Does anyone have further informations therefore?

Aug 2, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #341 of 1,152

I just used the website to do the upgrade from 1.05 to 1.06 with no issues. I used an iMac if that matters at all. 

Can anyone post a link ? Also how do I know which fw version is installed currently?

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #342 of 1,152
Aug 2, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #343 of 1,152

Users who are viewing this thread

Back