Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jul 14, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #271 of 1,152
For people having Firmware Update problems, try turning off WIFI and using just your normal data connection. Worked for me.

Curious
Can anyone post a screenshot, where i can see the firmware update section
Is the firmware update section only visible, if there is any update, or is it always visible

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #272 of 1,152
I'm unable to pair my Bose QC35 with my nVidia Shield.

I put both devices into pairing mode but they never find each other.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, found a fix or paired them successfully?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #273 of 1,152
I wonder if this is the reason why the QC35 seems to block voices more poorly than the QC15

I doubt it. It's only active in telephone headset mode.

I'm actually surprised that they're worse. The QC35s are at least as good at lowering nearby voices as my QC20s and those have more mechanical isolation. Anything halfway deep more or less disappears and high-pitched ones sound much further away.

I don't have QC15s but had understood the QC20s to be more effective than them so figured the QC35s were too. They've certainly been a godsend in my noisy office.

I hope nobody understands the issue to be there's no attenuation at all. The QC35s may not be as effective as QC15s on some frequencies by some accounts, but they're much more effective at lowering voices than any other NC brand I've used.

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #274 of 1,152
Ive got a question about the active EQ. I know the eq changes based on what volume u listen to. But does it also change based on what music u listen to? (I hope not)

Having a hard time deciding between the Momentum Wireless and the QC35, because of the superior ANC in the QC35..

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #275 of 1,152
Ive got a question about the active EQ. I know the eq changes based on what volume u listen to. But does it also change based on what music u listen to? (I hope not)

Having a hard time deciding between the Momentum Wireless and the QC35, because of the superior ANC in the QC35..

I don't think anyone knows for sure what black magic lurks in Bose's DSPs, but I think it's only volume-based. Essentially it's like the old "loudness" controls you used to get on car stereos, where the ratio of bass/mid/treble would shift based on volume to keep the sound exciting at all levels. It's just a lot more refined.

Jul 15, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #276 of 1,152
Maybe, we will get any further information about the update-bug here
https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/4sxsbu/bose_qc35_will_not_update_firmware_with_apple/

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #278 of 1,152
Mine shipped with 1.03, and the app automatically updated me to 1.05. Didn't do it the first time I opened the app, though, but it did it without me initiating it.

I don't actually see a way to do it manually in the app.

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #279 of 1,152
Soo I bought the bose qc35 - for few weeks...this is my 2nd pair now. I keep hearinf with bluetooth a low volume static/whitenoise/harsh kinda noise at v.low volumes when playing any music/audio via phone/laptop.

Ive give this one back again and got a refund. Im thinkig to buy it from the website this time. Is it worth trying for the 3rd time? They were defo comfortable but the bluetooth sound on the last 2 had that really annoying sound after each music beat/audio playing through it at very low volumes

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #280 of 1,152
Soo I bought the bose qc35 - for few weeks...this is my 2nd pair now. I keep hearinf with bluetooth a low volume static/whitenoise/harsh kinda noise at v.low volumes when playing any music/audio via phone/laptop.

Ive give this one back again and got a refund. Im thinkig to buy it from the website this time. Is it worth trying for the 3rd time? They were defo comfortable but the bluetooth sound on the last 2 had that really annoying sound after each music beat/audio playing through it at very low volumes

I think, i have the same issue. I opened mine with friends, television was on. Putting the QC35 on gave this "wow, im in a bubble with total silence"-feeling. Then at home alone, in a silent room, i noticed this hissing. Like the sound of the sea. With headphones on, it was definitively louder than without them or with them/ANC shut off.

I installed the firmware after getting home, so maybe its the firmware. But i guess not. I will try a second pair. But i guess its just the white noise every ANC does? But it really is not totally silent with mine on beeing in a silent environment. That becomes a problem while listening to music thats calm or with silent passages. On the street with noise around me they are awesome!

Bluetooth or cable makes no difference.

So i guess, you folks can hear that white noise too?

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #281 of 1,152

That's not normal.  Mine are nearly dead silent in a quiet room.  The Beats Studio Wireless that I tried and returned had a lot of background hiss.  Not so with a properly functioning QC35.

Jul 17, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #282 of 1,152
So i guess, you folks can hear that white noise too?

Definitely not hearing anything like that in mine... If you have a Bose store near you, I'd definitely take them there and get them replaced with a good pair.

Jul 18, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #283 of 1,152
White noise is normal for all qc35,qc25,qc15
Bose cannot eleminate this noise until now
There will not be any firmwareupdate to make the noise silent.

I am really wondering, that bombarde does hear nothing - could be an empty battery

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #285 of 1,152
I actually had a pair of these on my desk about 2 weeks ago. Really surprised at how well the canceled out noise. I've never dealt with active canceling before. Also figured out that this little gem lets you use aftermarket cables.

https://thebtunes.com/products/adapter-for-bose-qc15-headphones

As long as the cable has a long shoulder it will fit, or just cut the adapter down. If I traveled more, I'd definitely have to get a pair of these. It's pretty surreal how the active noise cancellation works. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back