Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jul 5, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #241 of 1,152
But in the app - there is no button to start updating the firmware or checkingfor new updates.
How to check for new updates with the app?

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #242 of 1,152
But where is the button therefore in the bose connect app?
„Bose Connect“ von Bose Corporation
https://appsto.re/at/nNhy-.i

Jul 6, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #246 of 1,152
I've connected four Bose QC35 to my iPhone and iPad, some running firmware v1.0.0 and some v1.0.3 and there has been no way to update or download new firmware using the app. The Bose Updater for Mac seems to be bugged as well, running Mac's with macOS El Capitan or macOS Sierra an the updater website just claims there is are technical issues so it can't do jack.

Three out of four had to be updated using Windows 10 systems, but the fourth one is just jumping in and out on the update page so it's impossible to do anything.

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #247 of 1,152
Than you wanderingsounds

The app seems to be buggy - hope Bose will fix it.
Sent Bose some information some days ago - never got any feedback

Is there a better contact-email therfore?

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #248 of 1,152
  I have a silly question. Has anyone else also received their QC35  with less protective foam inside than on all the unboxing videos? Mine looked like that (after packing again):

<snip>

You can see there is not enough padding to wrap them around and it's in 2 pieces :wink: It was the same in the second pair that I tested, but on all possible photos and videos I can see that they are wrapped completely around...

Are the unboxing videos of silver? I started with silver, and then just exchanged for black. The new ones have less foam, which may be because they're newer or may be because they're the different color.

I exchanged because the silver ones had some plastic noises channeling into one of my ears when I moved my head in certain ways. I suspected it might be the plastic finish at the swivels because they were seizing a bit. The gray is smoother and I figured it might be more frictive than the slightly more textured black finish. Not sure if I was right but the new ones do make significantly less noise during adjustment and don't seem to catch as much.

But in the process of auditioning the silvers, I discovered the hard way that a light touch from the corner of a metal tablet stand leaves a slight mark. I think the silver finish is probably less robust than the black, which might explain the difference in the foam.

On another note, apparently their guarantee if you buy directly includes up to 90 days to exchange for any reason--"I don't like the plastic texture or color" would be valid even if it weren't creaking according to my salesdude, and is actually fairly common. That helps explain the pricing.

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #249 of 1,152
The protective foam pieces will be the first to get thrown out anyway after the unboxing, no? I've already chucked the foam bits into the packaging

Is it just me or are the blacks a bit of a fingerprint magnet? Took em out for the first time a few days ago and I noticed slight smudging on the earcups once I got home. Not a huge deal, but, yeah.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #250 of 1,152
The protective foam pieces will be the first to get thrown out anyway after the unboxing, no? I've already chucked the foam bits into the packaging

Is it just me or are the blacks a bit of a fingerprint magnet? Took em out for the first time a few days ago and I noticed slight smudging on the earcups once I got home. Not a huge deal, but, yeah.

Sure, I don't think the foam is significant. Was more interesting than anything.

Re: fingerprint magnet, maybe. But the silver ones just look too monochrome. There are no accents at all, and they aren't shiny enough to pass for metal. It's just gray plastic. Black is monochrome too, obviously, but it somehow comes across more stealth than anything. Maybe it's because it's the traditional color.

If they'd gone with the QC25ish two tone color scheme for silver (or black for that matter) they'd look much better.

Aside from the startlingly delicate finish, I'm pretty sure those gray earpads are going to get pretty grungy in a way the black or a brown contrast color would not. At least those are replaceable, I believe.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #251 of 1,152
Sure, I don't think the foam is significant. Was more interesting than anything.

Re: fingerprint magnet, maybe. But the silver ones just look too monochrome. There are no accents at all, and they aren't shiny enough to pass for metal. It's just gray plastic. Black is monochrome too, obviously, but it somehow comes across more stealth than anything. Maybe it's because it's the traditional color.

If they'd gone with the QC25ish two tone color scheme for silver (or black for that matter) they'd look much better.

Aside from the startlingly delicate finish, I'm pretty sure those gray earpads are going to get pretty grungy in a way the black or a brown contrast color would not. At least those are replaceable, I believe.

Yup, I kind of prefer the two-toned finish of the 25s as well. The silver 35s look quite bad, the earpads are definitely not going to age well. Not even gonna get into the whole RoboCop vibe of silver headphones, I mean, wow.  

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #252 of 1,152
  Not sure if I was right but the new ones do make significantly less noise during adjustment and don't seem to catch as much.

I had two pairs of black in my hands. I ordered a second pair when I had some problems with the sound out of sync in movies/tv shows. Before they arrived  somehow the first ones 'cured themselves', there is no or almost no delay right now. The new ones seemed pretty much the same regarding the sound sync, however I noticed that they were mounted somehow less tight. When you would slightly rotate/swivle them on the adjustment stripe they would make quite annoying creaking noises. When you would adjust them to max size it almost felt like the ear pads might come off, because you could see the plastic pieces pivot a lot.

On the other hand there seems to be a slight hiss/white noise in the right ear pad, as soon as I switch them on (even without connecting to any device). That noise seemed a bit less pronounced on the new pair than the older one :wink:

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #253 of 1,152

Yup, I kind of prefer the two-toned finish of the 25s as well. The silver 35s look quite bad, the earpads are definitely not going to age well. Not even gonna get into the whole RoboCop vibe of silver headphones, I mean, wow.  

I do find the silver ones to be the most attractive. I would have prefered beige ear pads instead of the grey ones.

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #254 of 1,152

On the other hand there seems to be a slight hiss/white noise in the right ear pad, as soon as I switch them on (even without connecting to any device). That noise seemed a bit less pronounced on the new pair than the older one :wink:

I have had two pairs of these QC35's now and am about to try my third pair... :frowning2:
The first pair had a dreadful harshness/gritty sound to the top end, very metallic, made my teeth curl...
2nd pair are nice and smooth, no distortion/grit but they have excessive hiss in the left ear after about a 40 min warm up, when first switched on there is a very low level hiss, as you would expect with ANC, after 40 mins the hiss in the left ear is very noticeable - enough to intrude over quiet music.
I hope I'm 'third time lucky'! The danger is that I exchange and get a worse pair than I have now... :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #255 of 1,152
Purchased 3 pairs of the Bose QC 35s (well, my brother, my dad, and I).  ANC & sound are good and much better than previous Bose iterations.  HOWEVER, we did notice an oddity with the builds, depending when the headphones were manufactured.  I was wondering if anyone else has noticed and can shed any light on it and/or what the GREEN Sticker means.

Pair #1 - Manufactured 3/30/2016 (hereinafter referred to as #1)  GREEN Sticker on the bottom of box.  Firmware 1.0.0

Pair #2 - Manufactured 4/6/2016  (hereinafter referred to as #2)  GREEN Sticker on the bottom of box.  Firmware 1.0.0

Pair #3 - Manufactured 6/6/2016  (hereinafter referred to as #3)  NO Sticker on the bottom of box.  Firmware 1.0.3

OBSERVATION A

#1 & #2 have nice taut fabric covering the inner ear cup/speaker, nicely covering the entire opening.

#3 does not have a taut interior fabric covering and the fabric seems to have been cut too short, such that the upper portion of the fabric in the ear cup is loose and not secured.  Appears to be cut about 3-4 mm shorter.

OBSERVATION B

#1 & #2 have virtually no noticeable white noise from the ANC.

#3 has louder white noise from the ANC.

OBSERVATION C

#1 & 2 have a "new headphone" smell.

#3 has a different smell, a bit more "chemical".

OBSERVATION D

#1 & #2 does not have a fabric loop on the exterior of the hard case.

#3 does have a fabric loop on the exterior of the hard case.

OBSERVATION E

#1 & #2 On/Off button does not have a very firm click switch.

#3 On/Off button has much more firm click switch.

POST OBSERVATION

I actually returned #3 for a box with a GREEN Sticker, and guess what, that build was exactly the same as #1 & #2 and had none of the observations I noted with #3.  It appears they may have improved the On/Off switch and added the loop to the hard case for hooking on to something, but other than that, it appears that they may have cut a few corners with the newer builds. I just couldn't deal with the loose fabric or louder white noise from the ANC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back