Bose in-ear...how much are they really worth?
Mar 14, 2008 at 8:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

SBD

500+ Head-Fier
I know, definitely not worth $99 but let's say I can get them for $50...priced right? All negativity aside, my first real headphone experience was just looking at the bose display at best-buy when I was little. I almost tried them on before I saw the price and ran away.

Is $50 for the triports a good deal?

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 56
I trade you for my iBuds.

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 56
Well that seems excessively harsh davidr. I haven't tried them myself, but I do like the look of the white/black wire. Granted that isn't much of an endorsement.

Mar 14, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 56
I have a set that I enjoy. They are fun pop music phones, very comfy to wear. Paid 50 bucks for mine and consider it money well spent.

I really don't understand Bose-bashing.

Mar 14, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 56
I used to own a pair. There was way, way, way too much bass for most genres of music. For pop/hip-hop/rap, techno, I can see how they'd be enjoyable. But rock? The bloated bass muddied up absolutely everything in the lower registers.
But they weren't all bad. The tonality was good (meaning...instruments sounded like instruments and not as if they were coming out of a hollow box), they were comfortable, and they were pretty sexy. But the bass ruined it for me.

Mar 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #14 of 56
I generally agree with the other affirmative posters. They are bass heavy, but I actually appreciate them for that reason when I'm just listening on the go, particularly as applied to the appropriate genres.

8 out of 10 times, I grab these on the way out the door (to walk the dog, etc) over my etymotic er-6i's. The etymotics are more detailed, but wholly lacking in bass - to the point that it's actually somewhat difficult to hear the bass section in choral recordings.

The bose triport ie's actually are'nt bad for discreet $99 buds.

edit: Also, for reference, and by contrast to the ety's, the bose do not pop or produce any audible sound when the cord moves against your body while walking, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back