Bose in-ear...how much are they really worth?
Mar 14, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i too enjoy the bose in ears. i feel they are worth the $99 retail. the bose bashing is more a function of the individuals than the inferiority of the bose brand.

well, if you look at the bose priority list (which I can't imagine you could get access to) it would probably read something like this:
1. Make the product look good so it will sell
2. Make it be comfy
3. Make it sound ok
based on the products they have out now of course.
I got these as a gift, so I spent $0. Definitely a good deal. I wouldn't buy these again because I'm not really into the whole no instrument separation thing, but I guess $30 or $40 is alright considering that they are bassier than the ep630s but still have the bad highs.

Mar 14, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They cost about $10 to make in China. $90 for the "BOSE" badge.

you can say that about a lot of headphones...

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they isolate?

not really. I think they are considered "open" in fact.
I use them with creative ep630 tips and they block out a little noise, but maybe that screws up the sound a little bit. IDK, but it's the only way I can get a good fit. I have the version 1, and the tips are TERRIBLE.

Mar 15, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

The point is not that they are made in China, the point is they are made in same factory as $2 headphones. The BOSE badge costs $90. And that $90 goes right back into advertising, which apparently has made BOSE the #3 most trusted brand according to Nelson.

Mar 15, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #25 of 56
Quote:

WOW. $10 to make them?? Try $2 or $3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you have never heard the Tri-Ports.

And apparently that's the same reason people do bash the triports.

thanks for all the input guys

Mar 15, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #28 of 56
I don't have anything major against Bose, but they go overdramatic on their pricing scheme. I've heard a pair of the OE's, that cost $150, and swear that my $70 Grados sound better. Also, there computer speakers. Terrible for the price. $500 for a pair of computer speakers that can be replicated and bought for ~$100. I think that's why.

Mar 15, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you have never heard the Tri-Ports.

I have, they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. Overpriced? Probably, but bad? No they aren't.

Mar 15, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubsdaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they isolate?

No-which is one of the reasons I bought a set. They are great for running when you want to hear what's trying to run you over. And there is little microphonics in the cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back