Bose AE2W *review*
Jan 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #16 of 17
I've always been a fan of underdogs and I've always had a fetish for the Bose headphones. I know, its kinky and it is bad, but I just can't help myself. I may need an intervention (and would welcome your arguments why I'm completely biased and wrong about this).

I would call myself a mid-fi'er. I love my music to be enjoyable to listen to with no specific part of it missing. I want the high's to sparkle and the bass to be full and natural. This is what I would call fun. I am not an expert or an audiophile - I just go with what sounds good. I listen to a lot of genres - everything from 50's do-wop to gangster rap with some dubstep and edm sprinkled in there too.

These are the headphones/earbuds I own and I think sound good:
  • UE-6000
  • Beyer COPs
  • TMA-1 Studios
  • Bose OE2
  • Koss Pro DJ 100 (require an amp)
  • Skullcandy Aviators
  • A-151
  • A-161

I think I may have found a new favorite work-horse-portable-headhpone.

Great review. I also have the AE2w and have been impressed with them as a good quality out and about headset. I use them with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Lenovo Yoga laptop/tablet. They are light and comfortable, and I found the sound quality to be very reasonable for day to day wireless listening. They are not my first choice portable (I much prefer the Ultrasone Signature Pro, but they were a lot more expensive and need more oomph than the S4 has) but they are extremely convenient, very light and are great for longer phone calls as well.

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #17 of 17
Sorry to revive an old thread but I just picked up a pair of these. I'm really enjoying the sound and the freedom. Just for fun, I tried the BT dongle on my AE2 and it fits and works. I figured it would but I can now confirm it. Bose should sell the dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back