Bomb attacks in London
Jul 7, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #61 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
I work in Clerkenwell (Farringdon - Well remembered StevieDVD!!), and none of the attacks are immediately close, so as long as she was at home, then all will be fine...

i found my friend from Clerkenwell through another friend and she's okay. she was already at work... but i didn't have a chance to ask where that was. the most important thing was that she's okay.

i hope everyone's friends and family in London are safe.

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #62 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
My older brother and his wife (they married on saturday) were on the Edgware train when the blast happened - they were 3 carriages away so thankfully were not hurt.

I just saw the BBC web site they are saying 30 dead now.

Crap! I hope that's the closest connection anyone is going to have to this! I'm glad they are ok!

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #63 of 122
This is so ******** up, I woke up to find the words "33 killed" in london, I had no idea this would happen. Terrorists can go screw themselves, killing innocent people and creating fear for the masses. I'm getting a bit trembly, I live near a major US city.

I hope you guys over there are okay. Hopefully you'll get those bastards and fry em on a stick.

(The fact that something like this could happen anywhere to anyone makes it even scarier . . . but we shouldn't/can't live in terror, oh no . . . )

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #64 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
My older brother and his wife (they married on saturday) were on the Edgware train when the blast happened - they were 3 carriages away so thankfully were not hurt.

I just saw the BBC web site they are saying 30 dead now.

I am glad that your brother and wife are okay. That is a little too close for comfort. I hope that all our UK headfiers are okay.

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #65 of 122
Well, this just sucks!! I'm very glad to hear you're OK Duncan, along with all of the rest of my UK brothers and sisters of Head-Fi who have checked in thus far. I'm hopeful that for those who are waiting to hear more that the news is good...well, as much as it can be on a day like today.

I'm not a religious man, but you all are in my thoughts.

Here in the elrod household, we're in hold pattern at the moment. My mother in law is trying to get in touch with her family right now. Pretty much all of them live in and around London, so they may well have been caught up in all of this. It's been several hours and she's not been able to reach anyone yet.

My wife is a mess today. Ever since her cousin's kid was injured in that hotel bombing in Egypt, this stuff is extra hard on her. I can just imagine what it's like to be there.

I have many thoughts about this, but they would tend towards the political. I think I'll keep those to myself for now, and hope for a somewhat happy ending to all of this.

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #67 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I hope you guys over there are okay. Hopefully you'll get those bastards and fry em on a stick.

We dont have the death penalty in the UK and I suspect the culprits, though not the ******** that organized it, took themselves out as well anyway.

I fundamentally oppose the death penalty, but that is another issue and this is not the time/place for that debate.

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #68 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Here in the elrod household, we're in hold pattern at the moment. My mother in law is trying to get in touch with her family right now. Pretty much all of them live in and around London, so they may well have been caught up in all of this. It's been several hours and she's not been able to reach anyone yet.

My wife is a mess today. Ever since her cousin's kid was injured in that hotel bombing in Egypt, this stuff is extra hard on her. I can just imagine what it's like to be there.

I am sorry to hear about your wife and mother-in-law. I have been calling all morning and cannot get through at all.

If it helps the police set up a casualty bureau number on +44 (0)870 1566344

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #69 of 122
so this is definately 100% a terrorist attack? What the hell? I'm sick to death of all this crap and carnage. Why cant they just stop and lead their own lives, and let others do the same...etc???

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #70 of 122
It's pretty darn sure it's a coordinated terrorist attack. Who it is is a different matter. If it's terrorism from abroad (like 9/11) or at home (Oklahoma City) doesn't really matter - the point is, someone meant to do it, targeted innocents, and they should be brought to justice.

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #71 of 122
Just got up this morning and heard about the bombing and resulting casualties in London. I'm at a loss for words on this terrible and cowardly act, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those in the UK that has been affected by this tragic event. I'm glad to hear that Duncan is ok and hope that other Head-Fiers in the UK are safe. Justice will be brought upon those responsible for this.

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #72 of 122
As an American and New Yorker who has experienced attacks as well, I sympathize for all the people from London and the UK, and hope that all of our UK citizens are unharmed and safe. The actions of these pigs were barbaric and disgusting. Don't take this the incorrect way, but I also would like to express my gratitude towards the luckiness of this event. Given the situation, we could have lost a lot more lives - but one lost life is too much. Again, I hope that all near London are doing okay.

Duncan and Pinkie, you guys holding up alright?

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #73 of 122
"Human society, as We here picture it, demands that men be guided by justice, respect the rights of others and do their duty. It demands, too, that they be animated by such love as will make them feel the needs of others as their own, and induce them to share their goods with others, and to strive in the world to make all men alike heirs to the noblest of intellectual and spiritual values."

--Pope John XXIII, "Pacem in Terris" (1963)

I am sure that the sympathies of the world are with London, which was given such wonderful news yesterday. No one likes it when innocent and good people are killed.

Jul 7, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #75 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Duncan and Pinkie, you guys holding up alright?

I'm great Aman and 600 miles away in Scotland, I just feel sorry for the poor people that were caught up in these attacks. London is used to dealing with terrorist attacks and bombardments so it won't really phase the people there but It's a real shame that some innocent people who were on their way to work won't be returning home tonight thanks to these fundamentalist cowards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back