Bomb attacks in London
Jul 7, 2005 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 122

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Just watching the news and there have been numerous bomb attacks on Londons transport system with many casualties.. this is terrible
frown.gif

***Added by moderator:****

We understand that this is a sensitive situation with far reaching implications, and your natural tendency will be to want to discuss all of the circumstances surrounding this most upsetting sequence of events. Yet, the moderating staff asks that you keep in mind and respect the fact that head-fi does not currently allow any political or religious discussions in the forums. Your cooperation in this matter will greatly facilitate our jobs today.

Your well wishes and concerns for those who might be directly affected by these bombings are much appreciated, as are the news updates that have been provided by various members. Let's keep this thread alive and strong and to the greatest degree possible, free of any political and/or religious comments.

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 122
Yes, terrible. Still hard to say how extended the damage is and how many casualties there are. London, we are with you!

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 122
I've been watching it on BBC World News for the last hour. Geez this is bad. I guess we'll know more soon. They say there have been at least 6 blasts.

The bbc web site isn't working too well at the moment.

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
..."The bbc web site isn't working too well at the moment."

Yeah, forget about the streamed BBC Radio...
frown.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:42 AM Post #6 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
This is truly terrible, and this is happening just one day after London won the hosting of the 2012 Olympic games. Maybe related in any way?

Perhaps related to what´s going on in the north of the country...

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #7 of 122
(Note: This post is relocated from the other related thread.)

I'm seeing it on CNN right now, and I saw a bulletin on it at Yahoo. Not sure what to make of the situation until more information is released.
I wholeheartedly hope none of our HeadFi members were caught up in this terrible situation, and despite the inevitable casualties, I hope our members in the area are safe.

Late,
Abe

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
(Note: This post is relocated from the other related thread.)

I'm still in a bit of shock. I have at least 6 friends in London right now. Some live near one of the Underground stations. (Shudder!) The phone lines are down. Terrible thing.

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:59 AM Post #9 of 122
Just to hope that all headfi-ers in London are ok.

I'm in Canary Wharf at work at the moment and the markets are in a little bit of chaos. We may be evacuated too..

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:02 AM Post #10 of 122
Someone told me a suicide bomber was shot dead by police in Canary Wharf.
Reports say it is almost certainly Al Qaeda behind these attacks.
90 people injured by the Aldgate explosion.

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 122
This brings to my mind what we suffered in Madrid last year.
We feel very bad (my partners at job) but we are with London people

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #12 of 122
Nothing on the Reuters (or BBC etc) is indicating any activity in Canary Wharf at the moment...

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:12 AM Post #14 of 122
I love dentists!!

This morning I had a dentist appointment so I'd sort of deceided to take the day off. Mainly because I have a lot of holiday to use up and I was dreading any root canal work being needed.

What's that got to do with th Lonodn bombing you may ask?

Well I work in the city and travel into Kings Cross then go to Aldgate via Liverpool Street. So as you can imagine I'm a bit of a state at the moment and keep welling up when people ring up home to see if I am alright.

Duncan works/worked near Farringdon which is between Kings Cross and Aldagte so I hope you are all right mate.

I can't call work as the phones are not responding and have yet to get any email so I'm a bit apprehensive over certain colleagues.

I thought something to take my mind off it might help but apparently not.

Steve

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #15 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Bad, bad news all round. But odd timing I must say.

Indeed, I am very weary of this situation as well. Live8 concludes, the G8 summit starts, London is selected as the host for the 2012 Olympics, and now this terrible thing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back