Boiled Frozen Baby Beans = Revolting Food
Dec 29, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #16 of 34
I did not 'attempt to cook' frozen beans. I boiled frozen beans because I thought I'd better have some vegetable intake as well, apart from all the meat and junk I ate.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #17 of 34
My favourite "easy" food to make is perogies. Boiling is simple, although I usually go up one step and pan fry them.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #18 of 34
Couldn't help myself (foul bachelor frog):
Foul-Bachelor-Frog-NEED-VALUABLE-NUTRIENTS-EAT-RAMEN.jpg

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not 'attempt to cook' frozen beans. I boiled frozen beans because I thought I'd better have some vegetable intake as well, apart from all the meat and junk I ate.

Well therein lies the problem. If you're gonna do the bachelor thing, you actually DO the bachelor thing and negate your vegetable intake altogether. Either that or cook yourself something.

But above all I'm just busting your balls. Frozen beans suck.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well therein lies the problem. If you're gonna do the bachelor thing, you actually DO the bachelor thing and negate your vegetable intake altogether. Either that or cook yourself something.

But above all I'm just busting your balls. Frozen beans suck.

If you don't mind covering the postage, I can send you the whole unopened frozen beans free of charge to your address if you want to. I bought two packets because it was two for $5 or something. Maybe I should make a draw like what other generous Head-fi members did.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #22 of 34
Stupid me. I heated the pan, put the oil, waited for it to get hot, opened my fridge, and I found out that I ran out of eggs.
Too lazy to go down to get some eggs. So I ordered Dominos delivery. I got 3 pizzas - Supreme, Beef&Onion, and one that I randomly designed and hope for the best.

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy some broccoli, wash it, cut it up into florets, and spread 'em all out onto a baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in an oven preheated to about 375 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes or so, depending on the size of the pieces. They will be a nice golden brown when done.

I challenge you NOT to eat the whole darn pan! It's so delicious, anyone who hates broccoli will devour this stuff. I promise!

This is also incredibly good with cauliflower, for the record. Damn good stuff.

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favourite "easy" food to make is perogies. Boiling is simple, although I usually go up one step and pan fry them.

To quote my Polish ex-girlfriend's cousin as he excused himself from the dinner table to go to the bathroom:

"You know what they say about perogies: you don't buy them... you only rent them."
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #26 of 34
[size=xx-large]CASA MARZU[/size] [Look it up.]

You have nothing to complain about.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #28 of 34
When I cook meat I usually at least add carrots and onions (+ tomato, celery, red bell peppers, garlic, shallots, beans, lentils, peas etc.). You don't have to make a separate intake, just put the stuff in the pan in the right order to preserve the right texture. (onion first if caramelized, a couple minutes before serving if still firm but cooked and so on...)
Fresh sweet peas (the whole ones) are awesome stir-fried with some garlic and soy/oyster sauce. I also love cooking mushrooms with garlic and black pepper.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

I can actually cook guys. The thing is, in case you didn't read the details of my initial post, my partner is currently away so I can have a break from cooking.
I try not to do any sort of meal that includes preparation.

Yesterday I ate a whole can of fried Spam.

So tonight (since I spent quite a lot last weekend) I will just fry some eggs and eat it with leftover rice. With beer.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have meat and beer.
For this coming long weekend (new year) I plan to order myself a whole cheesecake, some alcohol, and some miscellaneous food, and some movies and just lock myself up for 2 days. Or maybe I'm a order Dominos Pizza. Three of them.

Or I might grab myself some Chinese BBQ takeaway. But the thing is the dude always try to rip me off. If I indicate how big the piece of BBQ I want, for some reason it becomes almost double the amount. And he tried to short change me for 1 dollar less last time. person.

I don't know why but I suddenly have a craving for curry and beer... Takeaway

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

I can actually cook guys. The thing is, in case you didn't read the details of my initial post, my partner is currently away so I can have a break from cooking.
I try not to do any sort of meal that includes preparation.

Yesterday I ate a whole can of fried Spam.

So tonight (since I spent quite a lot last weekend) I will just fry some eggs and eat it with leftover rice. With beer.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have meat and beer.
For this coming long weekend (new year) I plan to order myself a whole cheesecake, some alcohol, and some miscellaneous food, and some movies and just lock myself up for 2 days. Or maybe I'm a order Dominos Pizza. Three of them.

Or I might grab myself some Chinese BBQ takeaway. But the thing is the dude always try to rip me off. If I indicate how big the piece of BBQ I want, for some reason it becomes almost double the amount. And he tried to short change me for 1 dollar less last time. person.

Wow, your partner better come back soon before you have a heart attack from all those chemicals and sludge!!!
He should have made you individual servings in plastic containers and froze it before he left so you can microwave it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back