Boiled Frozen Baby Beans = Revolting Food
Dec 29, 2009 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

dj_mocok

Headphoneus Supremus
Well my partner is away so I could live like a bachelor for a couple of weeks and I've been eating either instant noodle or meat and beer for the past few days. Living up the bachelor life.

But I figured out that maybe I should at least eat some vegies. So I bought two packs of frozen baby beans and I just boiled some just now and ate it.

I boiled it and sprinkle with a bit of salt and olive oil. Damn this thing tastes so revolting if you don't cook it properly (like in a dish with something else). I just finished a bowl of it and I think this experience will scar me for a long time. It's an insult to my taste bud.
Maybe I should go back to meat and beer.

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]meat and beer.[/size]

[size=xx-large]
[/size]
qft

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 34
i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #4 of 34
Why don't you try cooking fresh vegetables? If you have a few pans and a stove you can boil, blanch, bake, or sauté veggies easily. Go to the market and pick up whatever is in season. Ask the clerks or other shoppers if you aren't sure.

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 34
Buy some broccoli, wash it, cut it up into florets, and spread 'em all out onto a baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in an oven preheated to about 375 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes or so, depending on the size of the pieces. They will be a nice golden brown when done.

I challenge you NOT to eat the whole darn pan! It's so delicious, anyone who hates broccoli will devour this stuff. I promise!

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 34
Salad seems like a good way to go...instant noodles and the MSG content aren't the best for your health. You could try finding recipes online and try cooking yourself, ie. Pad-Thai, Korean Stews, etc and surprise your partners once (s)he comes back.

Or you can go to your typical Asian Grocery Store and buy some Kimchi (김치) as a way to get some more nutrients.

Again, a little training in culinary skills will help in the future if this same scenario would ever happen again. IMO, it's a worthwhile investment lol.

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy some broccoli, wash it, cut it up into florets, and spread 'em all out onto a baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in an oven preheated to about 375 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes or so, depending on the size of the pieces. They will be a nice golden brown when done.

I challenge you NOT to eat the whole darn pan! It's so delicious, anyone who hates broccoli will devour this stuff. I promise!

I loovvve that! (when my mommy cooks it for me...)

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could replace the broccoli with any veggies really. Carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, yams (mmmm, yam fries...), etc. Roasted red pepper is nice, but very mushy and goes better with other foods. I also like to add a dash of paprika and other random spices from the cupboard. You can also use regular vegetable oil if you don't have olive oil.

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 34
STOVE + PAN + OIL + GARLIC + SOY SAUCE + ANY COMBINATION OF FRESH VEGETABLES = WIN

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #11 of 34
Anything worth eating can be purchased from a drive through.

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by pimfram /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything worth eating can be purchased from a drive through.

YES

Dec 29, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #13 of 34
I can actually cook guys. The thing is, in case you didn't read the details of my initial post, my partner is currently away so I can have a break from cooking.
I try not to do any sort of meal that includes preparation.

Yesterday I ate a whole can of fried Spam.

So tonight (since I spent quite a lot last weekend) I will just fry some eggs and eat it with leftover rice. With beer.
Maybe tomorrow I'll have meat and beer.
For this coming long weekend (new year) I plan to order myself a whole cheesecake, some alcohol, and some miscellaneous food, and some movies and just lock myself up for 2 days. Or maybe I'm a order Dominos Pizza. Three of them.

Or I might grab myself some Chinese BBQ takeaway. But the thing is the dude always try to rip me off. If I indicate how big the piece of BBQ I want, for some reason it becomes almost double the amount. And he tried to short change me for 1 dollar less last time. person.

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can actually cook guys. The thing is, in case you didn't read the details of my initial post, my partner is currently away so I can have a break from cooking.
I try not to do any sort of meal that includes preparation.

Funny thing is, everything about your initial post implies that you do not know how to cook.

1. Your partner is away. Your readership assumes that your partner does all of the cooking, because:

2. You stop cooking and resort to meat and beer. At this point everything would be good and well, since your readership does approve of your meat and beer diet, except that:

3. You attempt to cook something:

4. Frozen beans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back