Blur Earbuds Lovers
Oct 4, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #886 of 1,531
@WoodyLuvr, Is it true to all builds regarding OFC vs 266 cable versions with the former having the wider soundstage? Or is it specific only for the Wraith variant? The 266 MX64 that I have has the widest, most proper soundstage of all the earbuds that I heard so far.
I think so. Definitely so for both the STE and Wraith lines. Please see @ian91 comparison that he linked to you.
It's something I've heard apply to my OFC MX64 STE and my 266 MX64 STE. I documented my thoughts in a post here. The difference is subtle but it's something that I felt confident enough to post about at the time. I believe it would apply to most models.
Concur; spot on. Subtle indeed, requiring a trained ear.
Thanks for sharing. Maybe I could only perceive such difference if I would have the chance to hear the OFC version for myself. Besides, I wouldn't know if no one here has told. What's important is I'm happy with the 266 performance...for now. Perhaps the 266R could have both qualities combined. That would be bliss.
These differences I've referred to in that post are very subtle, I wouldn't worry. You're not missing out by not having tried the OFC version.
Again, concur. They are very similar (very close).

Oct 4, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #888 of 1,531
Well..seems no need for me to write a review then..haha 😅

JK yall 😆..maybe some mini review should be fine I guess..do mind that im not an audiophile person...just love to enjoy good quality music recently..thats all 😇

All perspectives are good perspectives, just give yourself some time to learn their nuances - for better or for worse! I'm sure you'll be happy with them though. The Wraith is an excellent earphone.

Oct 4, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #890 of 1,531
Gents, I am leaving Head-Fi. Thank you for the kindness and friendship many of you showed me. All the best. Remember earbuds rock! Cheers and respects.
Super sad to see you go! You're a foundational member of the earbud community and have helped me immensely both directly and indirectly. Thanks for all your work and I wish you luck in whatever else you're doing!

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #891 of 1,531
Gents, I am leaving Head-Fi. Thank you for the kindness and friendship many of you showed me. All the best. Remember earbuds rock! Cheers and respects.

I'm lost for words to be quite honest.

This is a massive loss to the earbud community here on Head-Fi. The time and effort you have put into supporting us in our hobby with your lists, guides and advice is beyond compare.

I want to thank you for that time, precious as it was, and wish you all the best for the future!

Oct 4, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #893 of 1,531
I’ll beg you to stay if just in this thread @WoodyLuvr. I would have never known about Blur if it weren’t for you and I wouldn’t have even bought my first set of buds. You’ve been that influential. Just stay in this thread (and the earbuds thread if it’s not too much). Your knowledge is in the 1%er column and in a very small niche there. I’m not sure the bud community can afford to lose you. Someone will have to pickup that slack and I do not believe anyone is equipped to do so. I have no idea what happened, but I look for your posts every day (Not an exaggeration). You’ve brought this hobby to a new level for me and made it immensely more enjoyable. If this pleading doesn’t change your course, is there somewhere else we can stay in touch?

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #894 of 1,531
@WoodyLuvr Happy to continue the Blur conversation on another platform if that works and for all others to join in. I understand it can get quite toxic here at times (not necessarily this thread). Anyway, hope this isn't the end of the conversation.

Oct 4, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #895 of 1,531
Sad to read this @WoodyLuvr , I'm only new to the thread and buds in general but I can clearly see your huge level of knowledge and passion plus the respect and appreciation from other members. I'm very sorry to see you go.

Oct 4, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #897 of 1,531
Sorry guys but did I miss anything? Why is @WoodyLuvr suddenly leaving? What happened? I cannot imagine this thread or the other earbuds thread without him. He is instrumental in all these amazing things about the Blur and earbuds in general. It would never be the same here again. @WoodyLuvr , wherever you are and will be, thank you very much for all your advices and the useful information you have shared to everyone. Really sad to see you go...

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #898 of 1,531
Wait...what? I dont know what happen..it seems like a sudden decision..but if its for the better cause, ill respect your decision.

Thanks for your help @WoodyLuvr on helping me become one of the Blur-liever out there

Oct 5, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #899 of 1,531
In an effort to keep this thread going, I did a little comparison tonight. I don’t want this thread to Disappear. It’s valuable And we should keep it going for the time being. Hopefully this is not too soon. I’m still in shock. Anyway, I did a little back and forth between my HD650 and the MX64. This time around the results were less of a shock because I know how well the PK32 did next to the 650. I was shocked then. Now it’s old hat. Earbuds are real. The 650 is a staple of the headphone hobby and has been for as long as I can remember. It holds a rightful status as a comparison point because it is common, several generations have heard and own it, and it is excellent by MOST accounts. I mean it really is an excellent headphone. The PK32 beats the 650 in most departments using the FiiO A5, but loses out in size of soundstage and it’s missing the pinna gain (which some will prefer and some won’t). Otherwise it was a one sided affair. I’m not sure the MX64 really loses in any way to the 650. It doesn’t sound as “big”, it’s lacking the weight and mud, but the soundstage is at least as large and is far more layered. Tonality is similar but the 650 has more output around 6-10kHz and 100-150Hz. Above and below there they seem about the same. Definition, timbre, instrument separation all easily go to the MX64 ofc STE across the board. Pianos, violins, horns, cellos, vocals, electric guitar, you name it, the MX64 brings them to you with a greater sense of realism. I may not be “shocked” per se, but I am still surprised by the disparity in overall clarity. I have held (and still hold) the HD650 in high esteem. The gap generally seems a bit wider than I perceived between the PK32 and the HD650, but I’m not sure if that’s just the soundstage and pinna gain on the MX64. I think I know what’s coming next…..

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #900 of 1,531
In an effort to keep this thread going, I did a little comparison tonight. I don’t want this thread to Disappear. It’s valuable And we should keep it going for the time being. Hopefully this is not too soon. I’m still in shock. Anyway, I did a little back and forth between my HD650 and the MX64. This time around the results were less of a shock because I know how well the PK32 did next to the 650. I was shocked then. Now it’s old hat. Earbuds are real. The 650 is a staple of the headphone hobby and has been for as long as I can remember. It holds a rightful status as a comparison point because it is common, several generations have heard and own it, and it is excellent by MOST accounts. I mean it really is an excellent headphone. The PK32 beats the 650 in most departments using the FiiO A5, but loses out in size of soundstage and it’s missing the pinna gain (which some will prefer and some won’t). Otherwise it was a one sided affair. I’m not sure the MX64 really loses in any way to the 650. It doesn’t sound as “big”, it’s lacking the weight and mud, but the soundstage is at least as large and is far more layered. Tonality is similar but the 650 has more output around 6-10kHz and 100-150Hz. Above and below there they seem about the same. Definition, timbre, instrument separation all easily go to the MX64 ofc STE across the board. Pianos, violins, horns, cellos, vocals, electric guitar, you name it, the MX64 brings them to you with a greater sense of realism. I may not be “shocked” per se, but I am still surprised by the disparity in overall clarity. I have held (and still hold) the HD650 in high esteem. The gap generally seems a bit wider than I perceived between the PK32 and the HD650, but I’m not sure if that’s just the soundstage and pinna gain on the MX64. I think I know what’s coming next…..

I really can't wait to further contribute in this thread when my first Blur arrive, especially with how much I'm loving my EM5.

Incredibly painful waiting! They left Singapore on the 22nd of September so hoping they land this week... tracking not much use, all it shows since the 22nd is that the order has shipped. When I order from AliExpress/China, I know the item stops in the Netherlands for about a week before onwards to Ireland and I see that in the tracking info. I'm hoping the absence of detail with Singapore Post delivers a surprise and they just appear at my door in the next couple of days! 🤞

Screenshot_20211005-144548_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back