Blur Earbuds Lovers
Jul 1, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #167 of 1,529
My 150ohm balanced White Chocolate buds are still rockin my world 😍

436444A9-1ECD-4069-BCFF-393ED2BD9C93.jpeg

Jul 14, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #169 of 1,529
So my first Wong creation arrived today, the famous Blur 300ohm.

Technicalities and soundstage all good.... however there is an obvious veil over the sound that reminds my of the famous Sennheiser veil.

On my 58X I use Oratorys pEQ which removes the veil.

So is this Blur veil going to resolve with burn in or are there some pEQ settings this can remove it?

Thanks!

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #171 of 1,529

Technicalities and soundstage all good.... however there is an obvious veil over the sound that reminds my of the famous Sennheiser veil.

So is this Blur veil going to resolve with burn in or are there some pEQ settings this can remove it?

Thanks!
Personally, I have had little success in eq'ing out applied "house tuning" especially significant tuning performed by certain manufacturers... with that said, some have had luck doing it so give it a whirl and see if you can "unveil" to your liking/preference. The Blur house sound is most definitely an acquired taste. If I may, I would encourage you to give it another solid week or two to adjust and familiarize yourself with it. It may just grow on you.

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #172 of 1,529
Personally, I have had little success in eq'ing out applied "house tuning" especially significant tuning performed by certain manufacturers... with that said, some have had luck doing it so give it a whirl and see if you can "unveil" to your liking/preference. The Blur house sound is most definitely an acquired taste. If I may, I would encourage you to give it another solid week or two to adjust and familiarize yourself with it. It may just grow on you.
Absolutely.

After an hour of running through test tracks I've put in on the burner....I use the 10hr disco compilation on YouTube 🙃 I am not expert enough to argue the finer points of pEQ......all I can do is relate what happened with the 58X where the sound had a similar sort of unwanted veil.

If I can get rid of that they will be stellar earbuds.

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #174 of 1,529

Thanks!

Interesting you say that.
I’ve recently been thinking about this very thing.
I got one of his first 300ohm offerings and I must say they have gotten better and better. Less veiled and more detailed with time for sure.

I loved his house sound and now I’m floored that an earbud can sound so good.

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #175 of 1,529

They finally arrived! Singpost tracking info wasn't updating, so these arriving was a pleasant surprise.
First impressions are very positive. Sound is on the warm side and feels very full. Bass is energetic with good impact and speed. Upper mids are slightly forward, vocals sound great. I'm having a lot of fun with these.

For clarification, these are the Blur MX 32 OFC.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #179 of 1,529
I ordered and returned several earbuds over the weekend due to some crazy hot treble which seems to saturate the $10 bud market. Only kept the monk+ which is fine but still leaves much to be desired to me. Spent several hours over the weekend reading a hundred pages of the earbud roundup thread, then wound up here.

tl;dr: ordered a pair of 32ohm Blur 266s last night :)

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #180 of 1,529
I see that Wong Kuan Wae has two new models...

Blur 69 MX64ohm

1612084479735.png

1612084563880.png

1612084668121.png

"Angel" in Coaxial

1612084855194.png

I spoke with him over the weekend and he gave me a list of his four current offerings, but none of them seem so have any nicknames. I rather liked that about the earlier buds and apparently his "Angel" has kept this trend, but nothing for the Blur 69 or Blur 266? :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back