Blur Earbuds Lovers
Oct 10, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #1,021 of 1,529
Is that a replacement you're getting for your two broken earbuds?
Nope, unrelated! Though if he offered that as replacement, I wouldn't complain :)

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #1,022 of 1,529
My first Batch Arrive today.
Listening to Blur 189 mx64ohm (the red one) this afternoon and sounds great, awesome mid range with sweets vocals and an holographic soundstage
Many thanks to @ian91 for letting me know about Blur earbuds.
Now time to experiment with foams, perhaps Donuts model will be better for my tastes.

1633976984403.png

Oct 11, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #1,023 of 1,529
My first Batch Arrive today.
Listening to Blur 189 mx64ohm (the red one) this afternoon and sounds great, awesome mid range with sweets vocals and an holographic soundstage
Many thanks to @ian91 for letting me know about Blur earbuds.
Now time to experiment with foams, perhaps Donuts model will be better for my tastes.

1633976984403.png

I look forward to trying donut foams, I've some on the way but another week or so before they land.

Nice to get two Blur in the one delivery! Can't wait for my next to arrive and compare.

Oct 11, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,024 of 1,529
Very cool. I had a H.H. Scott 399 for years and I loved how it sounded. Finally traded it for a Sansui AU-111. Love vintage tubes

Contacted a guy over near Austin, TX - who had a listing for a refurbished 299C, that had sold for $900, on the Reverb site.
He said that the cost for completely refurbishing my 299C (with top quality parts - caps, and transformers (if needed)) would be ~$600.
His schedule is filled up until after Christmas.
It will be interesting to connect my Blur earbuds to the headphone output of a vintage tube amp, like my H.H. Scott 299C.

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #1,025 of 1,529
Who has both the PK32 New Line and the Wraith? Which is better for movie sound effects like explosions and epic battle scenes?

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #1,026 of 1,529
Who has both the PK32 New Line and the Wraith? Which is better for movie sound effects like explosions and epic battle scenes?
How is your current one for movies?

Oct 12, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #1,027 of 1,529
I have a 266 MX64 and had booked an order for the Wraith. However, I'm curious if the PK32 New Line would be the better choice. The 266 MX64, although very transparent, clear and open sounding, lacks some oomph/slam on the bass area specially for movies and music genres that need it. Not saying that bass is absent. It's just not it's strong quality. For the most part, it serves me well but still curious what the Gen 4 Blur can bring to the table. Appreciate if anyone here have thoughts and/or actual experience of the Wraith and PK32.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #1,028 of 1,529
Listening to Shozy BK, I told myself, "This is the warmness I am looking for." Very good bass presence and impact, super smooth and yummy midrange and sweet, natural vocals. The downside for me is the soundstage which is not wide maybe has enough depth but pretty intimate which may come limited for some music genre and it's less grand. Hope that the Wraith will sound like the BK with a wider, airy soundstage and maybe with better bass texture and detail. That would be sweet.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,029 of 1,529
Listening to Shozy BK, I told myself, "This is the warmness I am looking for." Very good bass presence and impact, super smooth and yummy midrange and sweet, natural vocals. The downside for me is the soundstage which is not wide maybe has enough depth but pretty intimate which may come limited for some music genre and it's less grand. Hope that the Wraith will sound like the BK with a wider, airy soundstage and maybe with better bass texture and detail. That would be sweet.

I can't see you being disappointed by the Wraith. All your descriptors of the Shozy BK seem to apply. The Wraith has a excellent bass texture and detail with good stage, especially in stage height. Unfortunately I have not heard the BK so I can't directly compare.

I believe the Wraith will be warmer than your MX64 Special Warm Tuning.

Edit: on second thoughts, it's quite possible the New Line might offer you greater bass impact and I keep hearing such good things about it...I would probably take a chance on the PK32 New Line.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #1,030 of 1,529
I'm having second thoughts with the PK32 since it may have too much bass which may compromise transparency and might make the overall sound "muddy" compared to the MX64 or the Wraith. Not that I mean real muddy but maybe less resolved or too dark compared to the other 2. I'm not good with words. Based on your review of the Wraith, I'm guessing it will have the better signature. Wong, however, is suggesting the PK32 than the Wraith if I want bass. It's just that bass is not the only part that matters to me. The fact that I like the MX64 tuning means that I can live with a slightly bright signature but still I need that bass oomph to come out when needed. Although the likes of @Ronion have heard the PK32, not sure if he has heard the Wraith. Someone who has heard both and can share his impression will be appreciated and might make me change my decision (I guess). ☺️

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #1,031 of 1,529
I haven’t heard the Wraith, but it may have a better overall movie sound. The PK32 will likely be better for explosions and such. I doubt you’d be upset with either. The PK32 are definitely darker, but don’t lack clarity. Their frequency response just lacks pinna gain and that will likely make the vocal sound a bit more distant. Changing to less dense foams brings it back to some degree, but you do lose some bass.

Oct 13, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #1,032 of 1,529
Thanks @Ronion. Though bass is important, vocals is still on top of my priorities when it comes to music and I like it to be on the sweet side but not to the point of being shouty. Maybe natural enough to sound human-like and less digital. Definitely, not distant. The MX64 that I have conveys vocals like the singer is alive trapped inside your head and it's airy enough so as not to feel too closed in. At the same time, the treble is not spiky but has enough sparkle to add to the openness of the sound. However, for rock songs like Guitar Hero OST or alternative music of the 90's, the MX64 needs a little more weight on the tone to feel the vibe of the genre. That's where the Shozy BK comes in with it's true-to-life midrange. Though sometimes, it feels too full for some music where it could feel shouty for my taste. Maybe it's just me or maybe because the soundstage is small. If I could find a breed between the MX64 and the BK, that would probably be my endgame. But truly, there's no one-bud show for everything. :)

Oct 13, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #1,034 of 1,529
Thanks @Ronion. Though bass is important, vocals is still on top of my priorities when it comes to music and I like it to be on the sweet side but not to the point of being shouty. Maybe natural enough to sound human-like and less digital. Definitely, not distant. The MX64 that I have conveys vocals like the singer is alive trapped inside your head and it's airy enough so as not to feel too closed in. At the same time, the treble is not spiky but has enough sparkle to add to the openness of the sound. However, for rock songs like Guitar Hero OST or alternative music of the 90's, the MX64 needs a little more weight on the tone to feel the vibe of the genre. That's where the Shozy BK comes in with it's true-to-life midrange. Though sometimes, it feels too full for some music where it could feel shouty for my taste. Maybe it's just me or maybe because the soundstage is small. If I could find a breed between the MX64 and the BK, that would probably be my endgame. But truly, there's no one-bud show for everything. :)
I also love my Shozy BK although they come with 3.5 jack only. For me, its a perfect all rounder earbuds, balance tune through all the frequency and deserve their TOTL ranks before.

Will do some mini@micro review and comparison later with both my PK Blurs and Shozy BK 😉

Oct 13, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #1,035 of 1,529
I also love my Shozy BK although they come with 3.5 jack only. For me, its a perfect all rounder earbuds, balance tune through all the frequency and deserve their TOTL ranks before.

Will do some mini@micro review and comparison later with both my PK Blurs and Shozy BK 😉
So you're the one Im looking for. Congratulations! So jealous. Really looking forward to your mini reviews. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back