Blur Earbuds Lovers
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #978 of 1,529
I'm curious too. What don't you like about your blur?
While it is a great earbud and I lot I love, it can be a bit too dark for my tastes if that makes sense? Like it lacks some air that would follow my preference. I still do listen to them to experience their unique sound! It just can be a bit fatiguing for me at times in long term use.

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #979 of 1,529
I really want the OFC pk150ohm wraith because it looks fantastic with the black shells, black OFC cable and silver/gold connector!

You can get the OFC MX64 STE with black cable on black shells and silver/gold connector too. The PK shells do look slightly more appealing and offer better fit for me though.

Tough choices!

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #980 of 1,529
You can get the OFC MX64 STE with black cable on black shells and silver/gold connector too. The PK shells do look slightly more appealing and offer better fit for me though.

Tough choices!

I'll somehow be disciplined and wait till my next arrives, probably about a week - that's a PK so will see which I prefer before ordering my next, which brings me to roughly pay day anyway so better justification!

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #981 of 1,529
And obviously differences go beyond just distance from the eardrum its all about dispersion from the source and soundfields (which I admittedly don't understand especially well/at all) .
Yes, I was referring to the enclosed wall being that close to the eardrum, not the transducer :)

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #982 of 1,529
While it is a great earbud and I lot I love, it can be a bit too dark for my tastes if that makes sense? Like it lacks some air that would follow my preference. I still do listen to them to experience their unique sound! It just can be a bit fatiguing for me at times in long term use.
Ah, so maybe a little too forward or congested sounding? Its not bright?

At least you like it, thats what matters

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #983 of 1,529
I'll somehow be disciplined and wait till my next arrives, probably about a week - that's a PK so will see which I prefer before ordering my next, which brings me to roughly pay day anyway so better justification!

Sensible man!

Keep us updated as your MX150 Retune burns in too. Interested to hear what changes you appreciate.

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #984 of 1,529
Sensible man!

Keep us updated as your MX150 Retune burns in too. Interested to hear what changes you appreciate.

Will do - it'll be hooked back up to my ZX300 shortly to continue burn-in overnight - Traillii being rolled in for the next hour or so before I hit the hay!

Oct 8, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #985 of 1,529
Really hard to chose a Blur😅

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #986 of 1,529
Really hard to chose a Blur😅

Have you contacted Wong - to let him know what your musical preferences are?
He will recommend a model to suit your tastes.

Oct 8, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #987 of 1,529
I'm thinking of taking a stab at buds, and even though I am loathe to do it this way, Imma take the advice tendered upthread and start with some cheap sets if for no other reason than to figure out what sizes/shapes of shells will fit me. I simply abhor having a collection of any kind, but I see no alternative if I want to do this right. Ultimately, I am wanting a resolving set that would be good for laptop use (Netflix, movies...not really for music). But, it's looking like I'll have to "pay my dues" and start at the bottom like many others before me.

****That said, can anyone recommend several ultra "cheapies" (say, less than $50?) with varying shell styles/sizes that I should grab so I can cast a wide net initially to see what fits me best?****

Let's start with the assumption that I wll be grabbing a Yincrow X6. What others (utlizing different shell size/shapes) do you recommend? I am much less concerned with sound characteristics for now.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #988 of 1,529
I'm thinking of taking a stab at buds, and even though I am loathe to do it this way, Imma take the advice tendered upthread and start with some cheap sets if for no other reason than to figure out what sizes/shapes of shells will fit me. I simply abhor having a collection of any kind, but I see no alternative if I want to do this right. Ultimately, I am wanting a resolving set that would be good for laptop use (Netflix, movies...not really for music). But, it's looking like I'll have to "pay my dues" and start at the bottom like many others before me.

****That said, can anyone recommend several ultra "cheapies" (say, less than $50?) with varying shell styles/sizes that I should grab so I can cast a wide net initially to see what fits me best?****

Let's start with the assumption that I wll be grabbing a Yincrow X6. What others (utlizing different shell size/shapes) do you recommend? I am much less concerned with sound characteristics for now.
Get a K’s Temperament LBBs for bell shape, and a Qian39 for PK-ish shape (seems hard to find true PK shells that aren’t DIY currently unless I’m mistaken), those two and the MX500 Yincrow should get you three good datapoints and the total cost should be only $50 for all three if you wait for 11-11, otherwise the LBBs runs $55 MSRP.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #989 of 1,529
Get a K’s Temperament LBBs for bell shape, and a Qian39 for PK-ish shape (seems hard to find true PK shells that aren’t DIY currently unless I’m mistaken), those two and the MX500 Yincrow should get you three good datapoints and the total cost should be only $50 for all three if you wait for 11-11, otherwise the LBBs runs $55 MSRP.
Are all these sets I could get from AE, or will I need to shop at multiple places?

EDIT: NVM....I have already found 2 of the sets at AE. Thank you!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #990 of 1,529
Are all these sets I could get from AE, or will I need to shop at multiple places?
AE. Let me know if you need links. Pay special attention to the LBBs, they are usually listed as a variant together with the LBB which apparently has much worse SQ.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back