Bluetooth Headphones for iPhone 4S
Mar 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

leqin

100+ Head-Fier
Until now I had been quite happy using my Etymotic HF5's at work, but this past week I began a new job programming and at the same time I am being upgraded from a iPhone 3GS to 4S and I found that I would really like to be able to put my portable music source down on my desk and have the freedom to move around the office while still listening and instead go over to full size headphones and away something I stick inside my ears.

So the question is are there any decent bluetooth headphones available, or other wireless headphones that could take a iPhones output if bluetooth simply doesn't cut it - last I heard BT was not considered highly in headphone circles, but I haven't been around here for a while and things could be different... just seen that Sennheiser have a whole slew of BT headphones in their range, which is new to me and unexpected.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 16
Unfortunately as you've said it, BT doesn't seem to be up to standards with head-fiers here. In the past year though, there have been some new improvement to standards to bluetooth to support lossless. Go Google APT-X. Some Sennheiser and Creative models support that protocol but unfortunately not many mobile DAPs do (i.e. iPad doesn't, iPhone doesn't, nor does the Touch - only -VERY- recently did Japan release a Docomo Android [size=small]AQUOS SH-01D[/size] that supports APT-X).

So basically if you're ont he iDevices, you're stuck on non APT-X protocols. You could of course get the APT-X supported Sennheisers and hope one fine day the iOS will support the protocol.

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #4 of 16
rhapsodyfan Pm'ed me suggesting I give the Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth Headphones a try out

in the UK try http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0038M3H4S/ref=ox_ya_os_product

in the USA you want http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B003DQ1DCM/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics

I just ordered one, only it looks like a great way of bluetoothing any headphone... ah now I could sit at work using my HD650's instead couldn't I.

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 16
Personally I use the Sony XBA-BT75.

It's decent enough for the gym without the clumsiness of cables but SQ-wise it's average.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 16
Sennheiser MM100's FRIGGEN EPIC bluetooth cans... Smooth refined, well worth the $130 to $150 they cost, I was thinking of writing a comparison between them and the Portapro's w/ Pa2v2

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 16
NuForce has a nice pair of bluetooth headphones.  Very comfortable and light.  Sound is OK, I like them for lower fidelity stuff, like podcasts.

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 16
Tenqa has a pair of Bluetooth cans for $39 with free shipping.  However, these are on the ear, DJ style and judging by your purchase of the Sony in ear buds, they may not be the style you are looking for.  Someone else may be interested though...

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
Thanks to rhapsodyfan I now own one of Sony Ericsson's MW600's and now the best bluetooth headphones money can buy happen to say HD650 on the side.

Wait so, am I understanding it right that I can plug any pair of headphones into that thing, then pair it with my phone, and listen to music on my phone through the headphones plugged into that? Like, with Google Music?

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #11 of 16

Tenqa has a pair of Bluetooth cans for $39 with free shipping.  However, these are on the ear, DJ style and judging by your purchase of the Sony in ear buds, they may not be the style you are looking for.  Someone else may be interested though...

The Sony Ericson MW600 does have some ear buds supplied with it, but like rhapsodyfan suggested I just bought it for the bluetooth reciever and used that with the headphones I already own - so for just £29 I turned my Sennheiser HD650's into the most kick ass bluetooth headphones I could have hoped for.

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #12 of 16
Yes you can do exactly that with any headphone - I can use them with a pair of Superlux's HD668B's and just let it dangle off the short 3.5 headphone jack Superlux fitted or use my Sennheiser HD650's with the DIY portable lead that I made - any headphone or earphone with a 3.5mm jack instantly becomes a bluetooth headphone with the Sony Ericsson's MW600 - best damned money I spent in ages on headphones and I am amazed so few people are aware of it.

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
This is pretty cool too and does the same.  Has a mic for phone operation.
http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-STREET2-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B005OW4AZK

I was searching for a similar solution for being a bit more wireless with my iPhone 4 (not the S), as my job sometimes has me moving a lot and wires are a nuisance.  I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro, which is very good for conversations, but obviously not for listening to music....However, it requires constant repositioning on me so it won't fall off (non standard ear shape I guess).

I'll have the Jabra Street2 in a few days and will report back.  Many decent reviews on Amazon, so I figured I'd give it a try.  Will be using with the TF10s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back