Bluesound Node - New 2021 model!!
Oct 23, 2022 at 7:53 PM Post #197 of 212
Omg, I would have saved so much time if I just remembered this conversation from May.. 🤦‍♂️
I'm still pissed at Bluesound not delivering on their promise regarding USB out. They acknowledged the issue later on but never bother to fix it.

Oct 23, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #198 of 212
I'm still pissed at Bluesound not delivering on their promise regarding USB out. They acknowledged the issue later on but never bother to fix it.
Damn,
I know they took a while to unlock the usb out option last year. Maybe this is partly why? Hopefully they fix this soon. I really like the way the node sounds in conjunction with Su6.

Chibs

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #200 of 212
I guess if I am not using roon then it should be ok? Spotify tidal Qobuz?
Yep, this only effects Roon.

In other news, just downloaded BluOS 3.20.25: it says among other things "miscellaneous bug fixes"
I hope the Roon bug was squished. Anyone try it yet?

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #201 of 212
Yep, this only effects Roon.

In other news, just downloaded BluOS 3.20.25: it says among other things "miscellaneous bug fixes"
I hope the Roon bug was squished. Anyone try it yet?
I tried it and now my USB out doesn’t work at all with my Yggy. I don’t use Roon, so I can’t comment on that. Tried a factory reset and no luck. Is usb working for anyone else on 3.20.25?

Nov 22, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #202 of 212
I tried it and now my USB out doesn’t work at all with my Yggy. I don’t use Roon, so I can’t comment on that. Tried a factory reset and no luck. Is usb working for anyone else on 3.20.25?
My usb out works just fine with a Woo DAC/amp connection and 3.20.25

Dec 10, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #203 of 212
anyone manage to get DSD convert to Flac working?

I followed their guide and enabled DSD playback, along with choosing a folder to store the converted flacs but as far as I can see, nothing's being converted after a day. DSD files are not indexing at all too

May 20, 2023 at 3:11 AM Post #204 of 212
Does Anyone know why my external dac doesn’t show when using coax? It’s listed in the app as a choise only when using usb.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #205 of 212
Hi, i am currently using node n130 directly to power amp and controlling volume via node. I am thinking to upgrade dac and put bifrost 2/64 in chain between node and power amp, So i was wondering if i still control volume via node would it be fine?
So would node volume control work fine?

Thanks

Jul 27, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #206 of 212
Hi, i am currently using node n130 directly to power amp and controlling volume via node. I am thinking to upgrade dac and put bifrost 2/64 in chain between node and power amp, So i was wondering if i still control volume via node would it be fine?
So would node volume control work fine?

Thanks
Yep! You'll still be able to adjust volume on the Node when using an external DAC.

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #209 of 212
Generally volume control is after dac in most of the chain but in my chain it will be before dac directly to power amp.
Depends on how you intend to connect the node to the bifrost, if using coaxial/optical you can control the volume on the node as long you don't toggle the fixed volume option within the BluOS app.
The USB output on the node is fixed volume, but some dacs still allow volume control from the node. I had a Topping dac that still allowed the node to control the volume, this is classed as a fault by bluesound.
I can't say if your Bifrost will allow volume control from the node using USB, it should work using coaxial/optical.
One thing to bear in mind is that fixed volume allows for a bit-perfect connection, volume control from the node may defeat that. It does on my dac if the volume isn't set to maximum then a 16/44 track will show on the dacs display as 24/44. Your situation may be entirely different.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #210 of 212
Depends on how you intend to connect the node to the bifrost, if using coaxial/optical you can control the volume on the node as long you don't toggle the fixed volume option within the BluOS app.
The USB output on the node is fixed volume, but some dacs still allow volume control from the node. I had a Topping dac that still allowed the node to control the volume, this is classed as a fault by bluesound.
I can't say if your Bifrost will allow volume control from the node using USB, it should work using coaxial/optical.
One thing to bear in mind is that fixed volume allows for a bit-perfect connection, volume control from the node my defeat that. It does on my dac if the volume isn't set to maximum then a 16/44 track will show on the dacs display as 24/44. Your situation may be entirely different.
Ok, i will give it a try then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back