Bluesound Node 2i
May 12, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #301 of 435
I run my Node 2i into a Qutest, and like it a lot. The internal Node DAC is fine, but the Qutest is clearly on another level. I've just bought a Fidelity Audio PCB + PSU to try with the Node 2i, so hopefully that will arrive this week and I'll report back.

May 19, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #302 of 435
dumb question. just started using amazon hd. how do u tell if the music is hires or cd quality from the app or on the computer? also why cant i add a album to my list from the app? i have to use my computer to save to my playlist

May 19, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #303 of 435
dumb question. just started using amazon hd. how do u tell if the music is hires or cd quality from the app or on the computer? also why cant i add a album to my list from the app? i have to use my computer to save to my playlist

I'm interested in the answer to this as I have Amazon HD and a Node on pre order.
Just a thought, If you have it hooked up to a an external dac with a read out you can watch the bitrate change on said dac.

May 19, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #304 of 435
Are you talking about the BluOS app or Amazon's app? You cant edit Amazon outside of their own apps or web app. On the Android Amazon app I can definitely see HD vs Ultra HD and edit my library and playlists. In the BluOS app you can only play and see the HR icon when you play.

May 19, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #305 of 435
I'm interested in the answer to this as I have Amazon HD and a Node on pre order.
Just a thought, If you have it hooked up to a an external dac with a read out you can watch the bitrate change on said dac.
That is true unless your DAC only shows sample rate...then you may see 44.1 for both 16 bit and 24 bit depth.

May 20, 2021 at 3:42 AM Post #306 of 435
I found the implementations of both Amazon and Qobuz to lack certain features when using within BluOS. Tidal seemed a much fuller feature set and with Tidal Connect you can now just use the Tidal app on your phone to control it within BluOS. The killer feature the Node 2i has is being Roon ready though.

May 20, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #307 of 435
i am using BluOS on my android for Amazon and yeh i find it a pain to use compared to tidal

May 24, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #310 of 435
I run my Node 2i into a Qutest, and like it a lot. The internal Node DAC is fine, but the Qutest is clearly on another level. I've just bought a Fidelity Audio PCB + PSU to try with the Node 2i, so hopefully that will arrive this week and I'll report back.
May I ask what connector you use between Chord and Bluesound?

May 26, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #311 of 435
I use a budget QED digi interconnect, with a RCA plug on one end (Bluesound) and a BNC plug on t'other (Chord). I've not tried anything else.

May 26, 2021 at 7:13 PM Post #312 of 435
Seen these on clearance in the UK at £400 if anyone is looking.

May 27, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #313 of 435
Took delivery of the node 2i today, very impressive it is too.
Nice integration with the streaming services - Amazon and Tidal for me.
Gapless and correct Bitrate playback On Amazon HD.... :)
£399 from Richer Sounds

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #314 of 435
the new Node is out soon/now? so the 2i may well be discounted soon, so sub-£400 prices possible (UK) so tempted to get another for the garage system :8ball:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back