Blues & Jazz -- Best Headphones?
May 6, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #19 of 36
Sorry for hijack the thread and plz delete if necessary but:

- I'm Blues lover and recently I'm giving Jazz a shot. Which are the most easy listening Jazz artists/albums for me? Don't tell me it's Norah Jones
redface.gif

In every music type I listen to I'm always more about mainstream btw
smile.gif

May 7, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 36
Try calling Brooklyn again...I listen to mainly blues and jazz and vocals. My main headphone is Sr325is. They sound very dynamic and are terrific. I will likely go to RS1 in a few years.

May 10, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #22 of 36
For blues, my sweet sixteen Grado SR225's with a DIY pint Fallen Angel built specificly for Grados. Pure bliss!

May 10, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #24 of 36
Silly-Honey,

Which jazz recording/artist?

Try some of these records as a start: http://www.scaruffi.com/jazz/best100.html

You can find a title and look at reviews to see if it is something you may like.

Regards,

ipm

May 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #25 of 36
I'll also throw in my vote for the K701. My favorite headphones and excellent for jazz and classical, great to use at home.

May 10, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #26 of 36
HD-600! Bob James has never sounded any better.

May 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #27 of 36

Quote:
Silly-Honey,

Which jazz recording/artist?

Try some of these records as a start: http://www.scaruffi.com/jazz/best100.html

You can find a title and look at reviews to see if it is something you may like.

Regards,

ipm

Great list I have never seen it beofre but it differs somewaht from all the other lists I have seen. So now I can get inspiration to buy some more CD's.
For jazz listening (which is what I listen to the most) and all other genres for that matter I use the AKG K400, and I find them really good, right now I'm enjoying "Song for my father" by The Horace Silver Quintet.

May 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #28 of 36
For the beginning try:

Jazzanova
Kyoto Jazz Massive
Jazztronic
Nils Petter Molvaer
ReJazz

Quote:
Sorry for hijack the thread and plz delete if necessary but:

- I'm Blues lover and recently I'm giving Jazz a shot. Which are the most easy listening Jazz artists/albums for me? Don't tell me it's Norah Jones
redface.gif

In every music type I listen to I'm always more about mainstream btw
smile.gif

May 11, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #29 of 36
Thank you guys!

Your recommendations are somewhat different from some lists I checked which put John Coltrane and Miles Davis on top
ksc75smile.gif

Going to YouTube now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back