Bluedio impressions thread
Oct 20, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #271 of 352
So its been 56 days since I ordered the cable from bludio. 4 days ago I msg them on AE, And while they have replied back everytime usually the next morning I am still without a cable, or an acknowledgment of me even ordering a cable. I have sent them screenshots of emails, paypal transaction number ect, and still no closer to having a cable. Anyway that joke about rich Bludio customer support employee retiring early is a distict possibility.

I guess it’s time to contact PayPal and open a dispute!

I was this :ok_hand: close to ordering one of those $5 PayPal cables myself. I’m glad I didn’t. Instead I ordered some of the type C ends to make my own cable (which I haven’t had time to do yet).

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #273 of 352
I usually put zero interest in YouTube reviews, but there are a couple of decent people I do pay attention to. Of those people, the UFO (and UFO2) seems to be the best sounding out of all Bluedios. And when reading through the comment section of many of their videos, a lot of people seem to agree.

I have avoided the UFO in the past, because:
  1. They are expensive (for a Bluedio, or at least a Bluetooth headphone in general). I would never spend over $100 on a Bluedio. I primarily use and follow Bluedio for my daughter's sake, so she can have decent bluetooth headphones with robust build and non-Beats prices. I don't consider Bluedio audiophile grade, so I personally use them more as a fun toy - modding, donor shells, etc.
  2. The "many drivers" thing seem gimmicky to me. If it was the holy grail of full size headphones, you would see every big name manufacturer doing it - Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Sony, Philips, etc. Sure, there are a FEW that had ONE headphone with a dynamic plus tweeter (original Beats Solo and 1More H1707 to name a few). But none of them were 6+ individual dynamics like Bluedio did.
  3. The #1 reason I have avoided it is reports of WORSE sound when wired. This means that the electronics portion of the UFO is doing all of the required magic on the multi-driver headphones - sound tuning, amplification, etc. Who knows if there is even a crossover inside? And when the circuit board dies (as happened with my T3+), you are screwed.
Anyways, if I ever see a UFO or UFO2 on sale for really cheap ($50-$60 max), I might give them a try.
You can say that again! Nevertheless I’m very interested in UFO2 which has too many positive reviews (on Ali, Amazon, youtube etc). The price now is about 65$ so on 11.11 it would be in your price range. The main question for me about UFO2 is that possible to achieve sound signature I’ve obtained and liked on my T3 by EQ settings (decreased bass and a bit elevated midrange comparing to trebles) with more clarity and details.

Oct 20, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #274 of 352
147C3A04-F5D1-4F73-A7C2-3853B95C0422.png FE6D86BB-2ED1-4D2D-B159-52E84320C424.png
These Bluedio TM really are great for the price, but I did dial in these EQ adjustments to make them better to my ears. Note that I’m an EQ novice.

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #275 of 352
So its been 56 days since I ordered the cable from bludio. 4 days ago I msg them on AE, And while they have replied back everytime usually the next morning I am still without a cable, or an acknowledgment of me even ordering a cable. I have sent them screenshots of emails, paypal transaction number ect, and still no closer to having a cable. Anyway that joke about rich Bludio customer support employee retiring early is a distict possibility.

You should be contacting them over the chat and saying that you never got the cable and ask for a new order... Indeed this new order over aliexpress should be more legit (confirmed by other buyers on the comments), but I feel they just forgot about your order... Show the proof from PayPal payment and should be all good :)

These Bluedio TM really are great for the price, but I did dial in these EQ adjustments to make them better to my ears. Note that I’m an EQ novice.

Yes I also use very similar settings except that 5k dial is toned down which to my ears sounds even more even sound coherent.

Would bluedio allow to change the 3 EQ presets with an app, to our own settings and they would have a killer product...

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #276 of 352
I need some v2
You should be contacting them over the chat and saying that you never got the cable and ask for a new order... Indeed this new order over aliexpress should be more legit (confirmed by other buyers on the comments), but I feel they just forgot about your order... Show the proof from PayPal payment and should be all good :)

Yes I also use very similar settings except that 5k dial is toned down which to my ears sounds even more even sound coherent.

Would bluedio allow to change the 3 EQ presets with an app, to our own settings and they would have a killer product...
One would think. I originally msg them with the transaction number and a screen shot of paypal payment, and have since been asked 2 more additional times for screenshots of emails and again more screen shots of paypal payment and transaction id. Did not get a msg back today, which is the first time they have not msg me back. Anyway, seems like my original msg should have been enough for them, but we are going around in circles now. That's why I am leaning towards insider stealing. It seems that bludio has no records of any emails or paypal payments. Interesting. Atleast its only $5.

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #278 of 352
Im not super sold on Bludio as a company but TN2 is going to be $10 on 11/11. I am pretty sure I will order it. TN has been a pretty good earphone for me esp at the $8 it cost me.

Still no cable BTW. LOL

I saw that. I’m tempted too!

In fact, every day there’s a chance to win a $5 off coupon, which would be in the TN2 down to $5!

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #280 of 352
Just to give a heads-up I've bought recently the audio cable over the new method on ali express and already arrived!

So if someone is on the verge to buy one go ahead, as should be all good!

That doesn’t look good for the people that used the PayPal method.

If I was them (and I almost was), I’d be contacting PayPal and disputing it for sure.

The sad thing is it couldn’t have been more than a handful of people. I mean, it’s a super niche thing. If some dishonest individual schemed to “steal” the money, it’s not like they got $50,000. It was probably more like $35 total. That’s not worth losing your job over (or worse).

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #281 of 352
Just to give a heads-up I've bought recently the audio cable over the new method on ali express and already arrived!

So if someone is on the verge to buy one go ahead, as should be all good!
How long was the shipping? Just wondering. Bludio cs rep said they shipped out my cable last week, but provided no tracking or anything.

Nov 1, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #283 of 352
Do 'S' versions sound the same as originals? I'm thinking of buying TMS instead of TM because it should have slightly better battery, has active noise cancellation and will be couple bucks cheaper on 11.11.

Edit: I asked support what's different and their answer is:

"Dear friend,TMS has better ANC than TM, it is bluetooth 5.0 and has cloud service. TM has no such function."

I wonder about the sound though...

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #284 of 352
Do 'S' versions sound the same as originals? I'm thinking of buying TMS instead of TM because it should have slightly better battery, has active noise cancellation and will be couple bucks cheaper on 11.11.

Edit: I asked support what's different and their answer is:

"Dear friend,TMS has better ANC than TM, it is bluetooth 5.0 and has cloud service. TM has no such function."

I wonder about the sound though...

I would ignore those messages, as I've been burned in the past with not so correct information on their part... But anyway I see they are available for €17 on 11.11, €3 cheaper than the TM so should make them the best deal...

Just bear in mind you won't have the best ANC experience, as with all Bluedio models, and also you'll lose the volume up and down buttons. The rest should be all exactly the same, same driver, same sound quality, same bluetooth 5.0 and that awful cloud service...

Also if I would be you I would ask immediately the audio cable, as they give overall a nicer sound quality for the times you don't need the wireless...

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #285 of 352
JDL had enough. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back