1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bluedio impressions thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Slater, Jul 18, 2018.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. trellus
    No problem, I wouldn’t have known about this had you not posted that so thanks! :)

2. ferez
    Bluetooth aside, how is the raw sound quality of the TM (wired)? Trying to figure out if it have any modding potential.

3. base08
    Hum that's always a tricky question without proper measurements like the ones rtings.com are doing... But I would qualify the drivers used, as good quality ones, without major distortions and reasonably resolving, which can sound quite well with a slight EQ.

Their tuning is v-shaped like the usual consumer oriented headphones, though with their mids still satisfactory and without overpowering bass, extending well until sub-bass regions. The highs are just ok, with some peaks and valleys, which I tamed with EQ, but almost no sibilance present.

I didn't try any modding even basic ones, but I would assume these are good candidates.

4. Slater
    I’ve modded quite a few Bluedios.

The headphones are easy to work on - the drivers easy to tune using tape, and they can have other mods too. For example, I added larger aftermarket pads to my T4S, and I converted one of my T3 to full open backed.

base08 and trellus like this.
  5. menuki
    I'm actually rather impressed by the frequency graph which was posted here:

http://www.thephonograph.net/bluedio-tm-t-monitor-review/

Boosted bass and upper mids, but the treble looks rather decent and there are no annoying spikes which would cause sibilance or fatique, although, if you really turn up the volume the higher mids could probably get fatiqung - but they do not have to be turned up a lot since you generally don't seem to miss much details even listenting at normal volumes. :) Still completely satisfied with them.. they're just fun headphones and I circle between them and my rather neutral Hisenior T12. The TM provide a nice contrast to this neutrality. :)

Seriously, the bass is just pure fun. Through the big drivers the bass is just bold and big, even if its a bit loose, its just a pure joy to listen to and when they're on my head, they are so hard to take off... it's generally the mix between the big bass and very clear upper mids / treble which makes the sound very coherent, even if V-shaped, IMO. Again, incredible for the price and I would've also gladly payed about 100€+- for this kind of mix between sound quality / comfort / bluetooth convinience.

Can't wait to receive the AUX cables so I can test if they sound any different compared to blueooth.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    trellus, Slater and base08 like this.
  6. trellus
    Same here, I ordered the cable yesterday and got notification it had shipped early this morning, so I'm guessing at least a couple of weeks before it arrives. Of course, I haven't even received the TM headphones themselves, lol.... I ordered that late last week when it was $26.99 on NewEgg, I'm expecting it Friday or next Monday according to tracking.

menuki likes this.
  7. menuki
    If you like a v-shaped signature and full, phat Bass, but also a lot of clarity, you are in for a treat! It’s funny because I almost returned them because i found them too bright in the beginning, now I think the signature is perfect in their own way and I am pretty much addicted to them. Driver size really does play a role in this case when it comes to Bass output.

Also wanted to add, both the Red (which i happily sold to my neighbour) and Black model of the TM had excellent driver matching. Further, I was under the inital impression that the 9khz-10khz area is boosted, which would cause fatique, but its not. The upper mids are boosted which I think is excellent for female vocals.. they sound so clear and airy.

I can’t wait to hear your impressions! :) :)

P.s. i will also receive the Mobius Friday. Cannot wait to compare them, even if the Mobius cost more or less exactly 20 times as much lol.

trellus likes this.
  8. trellus
    If I was getting the Mobius on Friday, it would definitely take precedence over the TM for me, lol. I'll check out the Mobius thread, I'm assuming you will post impressions there. :)

Obviously, I'm not expecting Mobius performance from the TM, but I'm hoping I'm surprised by the performance-for-the-price. I previously had the T2 and they were "eh, ok", sound was definitely highly artificial and kind of messy to my ears, I'm hoping the TM is a distinct improvement over those, at least on the Flat EQ setting.

menuki likes this.
  9. trellus
    @Slater Did I miss your impression of the Bluedio TN wireless in-ears?

I know I just read some of your excellent impressions on the effectiveness of the ANC, but I don't remember seeing anything on the sound itself and I'm curious if they put out decent volume, as one of the problems I've had with wireless IEM's (1MORE BT Sport, *cough* *cough*) is that they sometime don't get loud enough with certain content when I use them in noisy environments like the gym.

10. menuki
    I am looking forward to the Mobius a lot... especially since I have the whole weekend ahead then to just play arround with all the features, also trying the dedicated Daw plugin and all the other stuff. I will post all my first impressions in the Mobius thread, and I will do a direct comparison between the TM and the Mobius in this thread as detailled as possible, comparing Bass, Mids, Highs, Soundstage and so on! :) That will be fun. It’s also gonna be fun to try them via Usb C to Usb C on my phone, Usb C to Usb A on my PC and directly compare the sound quality to Bluetooth. Audeze themselves stated that you shouldn’t use 3,5mm, but I am totally fine with that, as Usb C or Bluetooth just feels „cooler“ and more modern. :D rather hyped, I really hope that I wont have the mentioned hissing problem.. but hey, even if, if they are amazing, I will contact Audeze for a replacement or some solution like that.

P.s. are you considering trying the Mobius as well? I ordered them from a shop with a 30 day return policy no questions asked, so I have plenty of time to try them.

trellus likes this.
  11. trellus
    @menuki Mobius is on my "long-term/later" wish list, eventually I think I'll have bought them -- or perhaps their successor. :)

menuki likes this.
  12. Slater
    I like them.

They have a slight v-shaped sound signature, with a slight emphasis on bass. The mids are slightly recessed (as expected with a v-shaped tune). Treble is smooth, clear, and surprisingly lively, with no sibilance or pierce.

They are not micro detailed clarity monsters - these are meat and potatoes IEMs for the average “everyman”. After all, they are Bluetooth, not wired HD800s.

There are front and rear vents, which can be used to tweak and tune the sound if you like doing that sort of thing.

They seem to work well for every genre I’ve thrown at them. I don’t listen to classical though, but I can only imagine they wouldn’t work well for that due to the tuning.

I use them primarily for working out and mowing the lawn, as the ANC works well for drowning out the environment.

Are they the best I’ve ever heard? No. Are they the worst? Definitely not. They are worth their price. If you are familiar with something like the KZ ATE, they are similar.

On a scale from 1-10, where 1 is 2 cups and a string, 5 is the KZ ATE, and 10 is the CA Andromeda, I’d rate them a solid 5.

I have some Awei A920BL Pro Bluetooth IEMs, and I would rate those a 3 or 3.5 (along with most Awei junk I’ve heard).

After my positive experience with these, I am curious about the TN2. Depending on the price I may pick up a set.

Things I don’t like about the TN?

1. The noodle cable. I hate noodle cables. I just don’t think something so fragile belongs on Bluetooth IEMs, and if anything is going to fail 1st, it will be the cable. It’s not overly fragile, it’s just how all noodle cables are.
    2. The nozzle is a bit shallow. And it also has an oval shape, which is supposed to fit the ear canal better. They didn’t fit me using the stock tips at all. However, I found double flange tips to work perfect (providing for a good seal, and the wide bore tips opened up the sound a bit).

I hope that helps. If you need me to expand on anything else, lemme know.

trellus likes this.
  13. trellus
    @Slater that was very in depth for the product, thanks! For the price and the use I have in mind (at the gym), they sound ideal and I’ll be picking up a pair... but did you say something about a Bluedio TN2?

14. Slater
    Yes, Bluedio had a “brand day” on Aliexpress about 2 weeks ago. A number of products were on sale or at least mentioned, including a new revised TN2 and a Victory 2.

I don’t remember a lot of specifics about the TN2, but I do remember it said it had an all new driver and tuning. It also looked different (still neckband style though). I think the driver was maybe larger diameter and not sure if it uses a different diagram material.

Lemme see if I can dig something up on it.

Update: Well that was easy

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32923668298.html

Apparently, larger driver (13mm), longer battery life (12 hours wow!), revised shells and neckband design (and no more noodle cable yeah), and ‘better sound quality’ (which could mean anything).

I do really like that the cables come from behind the head vs looping out in front. That may not make any sense, but it will become clear when you look at the photos of the TN vs TN2. Anyways, the new cable routing should be less in your way when exercising and moving around (in theory anyways).

I’ll bet it will be on sale fairly cheap for 11.11. I’m hoping $15-$16, but who knows.

trellus likes this.
  15. trellus
    Yeah, the "better sound quality" could be from the vantage point of consumer-focused tuning. Getting rid of the noodle cable is definitely a plus. I actually don't mind noodle cables on headphones, particularly if the cable is detachable, but I'm not a fan of them on IEM's or earbud-style 'phones. I think I may pick up the TN for now.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last