Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017
Feb 16, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #106 of 327

They say that planar magnetic headphones require more power to properly drive them, so I could see that being an issue. 

That is strange. I think I've talked to him a few times on here but that's about it. Maybe he's gonna change his username to Bluealltheway?! lol That would actually make sense. 

if that's true, then I guess I caused him to terminate his own account :p

or maybe he was too busy to continue this hobby

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #109 of 327

Funny thing that forbes started reviewing headphones, the first forbes headphone review I saw was the audeze lcd x and xc. They are not the type of media you would expect to review headphones, especially from a brand that isn't well known, good on them 

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #110 of 327
  Funny thing that forbes started reviewing headphones, the first forbes headphone review I saw was the audeze lcd x and xc. They are not the type of media you would expect to review headphones, especially from a brand that isn't well known, good on them 

Yeah exactly. They're a business magazine. But I like their reviews typically and yes giving exposure to a not well-known company is very cool! 

The review is well-written too. The only thing missing was mention of the great AKG-quality soundstage. That's a big selling point for me, so he should've included it. But since he didn't, I posted this comment lol: 

It should be mentioned too how great the soundstage is on these Blue headphones. Due to how they're made, including using 50mm speaker drivers, the soundstage is WIDE & EXPANSIVE! This should be a MAJOR selling point for anyone who wants only the best sound quality.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #115 of 327
How do you like them? Does the internal amp sound with an iPhone DAC Keep pace with your Mojo?

I'm not sure to undestand the question (probably because of my poor English). First I don't have an iPhone (and never had one by the way) but a Galaxy S7. If the question is: does the Ella's amp with smartphone reach the level of performance of a Mojo? That's what I was asking myself before buying these. And the answer is : NO! Not even close!...

I will write a more in depth feedback soon but for now, I have to say I'm not a big fan of the Ella.

At least, one "cool looking" thing about these: the light, when amp is on:

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #117 of 327
Been thinking about the direction of my headphones quite a bit lately and think I'd really like to go all wireless. I love my Mo-Fi cans and the AirPods have really opened my eyes to how useful wireless tech can be (I just use them so often out of convenience and while they're not incredibly detailed like the Blues, they're quite enjoyable).

So if the Satellite can sound as good as the Mo-Fi while being wireless and adding an ANC that's highly performant while not degrading sound (separate drivers), they'll be my next purchase.

I had been strongly considering the iSine 20 but think I'll wait for Audeze's inevitable foray into wireless when I make the jump to portable true hifi and stick with upper mid-fi in the period between.

Now about those Satellites...

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #118 of 327
Been thinking about the direction of my headphones quite a bit lately and think I'd really like to go all wireless. I love my Mo-Fi cans and the AirPods have really opened my eyes to how useful wireless tech can be (I just use them so often out of convenience and while they're not incredibly detailed like the Blues, they're quite enjoyable).

So if the Satellite can sound as good as the Mo-Fi while being wireless and adding an ANC that's highly performant while not degrading sound (separate drivers), they'll be my next purchase.

I had been strongly considering the iSine 20 but think I'll wait for Audeze's inevitable foray into wireless when I make the jump to portable true hifi and stick with upper mid-fi in the period between.

Now about those Satellites...

I can understand that. From what I've read & seen about the Satellite, it will be QUITE a formidable pair of headphones. If I was to go wireless, I would either go with them or else the AKG K845BT. I've tried them out and they sound DAMN good, which shouldn't be a shock cuz AKG always sounds amazing. lol But if ANC is something you really care about, then yeah I'd get the Satellite for sure. 

The iSine 20 is a great choice too. I personally don't think earphones measure up to really good headphones, but then again, the most expensive earphones I've ever tried were $35. lol So I guess you have to ask yourself are you a headphone guy or an earphone guy? lol 

It'd be nice if Blue would hurry up and announce a release date for the Satellite. Their site still says "Coming 2017" for it. 

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #120 of 327
So outside of one forum member, the Ella appears to be in near universal acclaim. I'm curious to see how loud it would get with my iphone given that there are some volume concerns. Probably still leaning toward the Satellite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back