Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017
Mar 11, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #151 of 327

Well I was just going to use them to EQ the Sadie, not to play music from. lol 

So there really are NO free headphone calibration programs?? What's that about?! lol 

It's weird how for a good year or so I felt that "Flat" was the best option for EQ'ing, but now it just sounds weak. Not sure which headphones I had that actually sounded better with "Flat"?

you can't EQ the actual headphones themselves, I think you meant a system wide EQ, if you wanted to EQ the headphones themselves, it would require a built in DSP like the akg n90q

flat can be boring for shure, none of the headphones you owned were really flat though

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #152 of 327
  you can't EQ the actual headphones themselves, I think you meant a system wide EQ, if you wanted to EQ the headphones themselves, it would require a built in DSP like the akg n90q

flat can be boring for shure, none of the headphones you owned were really flat though

I just meant EQ them the way YOU EQ'd my K551s.......aka, create an EQ that is custom-tuned to the Sadie so that when used it shows off the Sadie at its best. lol 

Yeah but for like a year I was convinced that Flat was best, but since the Cs, that no longer seems true anymore. 

How about this, maybe you can find a sound chart of the Sadie and match it to the EQ chart you made for the K551.............would that even work?? 

Are there ANY places I can take the Sadie to get a 10-band EQ chart?? 

If none of the above are doable, maybe I could just use the K551 EQ chart you made and just pray REALLY hard that it closely enough matches the Sadie's EQ'ing?!!! lol (It prob will still sound better than just using "Rock" in Poweramp, right? lol)

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #153 of 327

I just meant EQ them the way YOU EQ'd my K551s.......aka, create an EQ that is custom-tuned to the Sadie so that when used it shows off the Sadie at its best. lol 

Yeah but for like a year I was convinced that Flat was best, but since the Cs, that no longer seems true anymore. 

How about this, maybe you can find a sound chart of the Sadie and match it to the EQ chart you made for the K551.............would that even work?? 

Are there ANY places I can take the Sadie to get a 10-band EQ chart?? 

If none of the above are doable, maybe I could just use the K551 EQ chart you made and just pray REALLY hard that it closely enough matches the Sadie's EQ'ing?!!! lol (It prob will still sound better than just using "Rock" in Poweramp, right? lol)

it wouldn't exactly work because many factors can affect the measured frequency response and soundstage can't be measured either. But generally if I had the chart I might be able to get a very rough idea of how to EQ them. If you wanted absolute FLAT, then goldenears can measure your headphones you send in and give you a flat EQ if you pay for their service.

I really doubt the the k551 EQ will work, the sadie has emphasized bass unlike the k551 which was lacking bass, and we don't know if the sadie's treble is emphasized or not

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #154 of 327
  it wouldn't exactly work because many factors can affect the measured frequency response and soundstage can't be measured either. But generally if I had the chart I might be able to get a very rough idea of how to EQ them. If you wanted absolute FLAT, then goldenears can measure your headphones you send in and give you a flat EQ if you pay for their service.

I really doubt the the k551 EQ will work, the sadie has emphasized bass unlike the k551 which was lacking bass, and we don't know if the sadie's treble is emphasized or not

How much does goldenears charge for such a service?

Now by "absolute flat" do you mean the EQ applied to the Sadie (the one created and utilized in say, Poweramp) EXACTLY matches the Sadie's actual EQ?? 

Ok. Well you'd know best. 

Yeah I'd want ALL factors including frequency response and soundstage to be factored in for MAXIMUM quality. They should pass a law where if you sell headphones you HAVE to offer up a 10-band "Flat" EQ to your customers or else pay a penalty fee. lol 

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #155 of 327

How much does goldenears charge for such a service?

Now by "absolute flat" do you mean the EQ applied to the Sadie (the one created and utilized in say, Poweramp) EXACTLY matches the Sadie's actual EQ?? 

Ok. Well you'd know best. 

Yeah I'd want ALL factors including frequency response and soundstage to be factored in for MAXIMUM quality. They should pass a law where if you sell headphones you HAVE to offer up a 10-band "Flat" EQ to your customers or else pay a penalty fee. lol 

Actually I don't know if goldenears offered that service but I read somewhere that they did, currently their list has 400+ headphone calibrations, but ZERO blue headphones. Pretty shure their app is IOS only too, so you better buy an iphone too LOL

Sonarworks charges $99 for you to send it to them and receive a custom calibration which imo isn't a good value at all, if goldenears has a similar service then it's probably a similar price as well. Also sonarworks is windows only so it won't really be useful for your htc lol.

I guess in the end, the best option is for me to hear it myself 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #156 of 327
  Actually I don't know if goldenears offered that service but I read somewhere that they did, currently their list has 400+ headphone calibrations, but ZERO blue headphones. Pretty shure their app is IOS only too, so you better buy an iphone too LOL

Sonarworks charges $99 for you to send it to them and receive a custom calibration which imo isn't a good value at all, if goldenears has a similar service then it's probably a similar price as well. Also sonarworks is windows only so it won't really be useful for your htc lol.

I guess in the end, the best option is for me to hear it myself 
evil_smiley.gif

Ok. 

Yeah, and you "SELFISHLY" want to try other headphones and stuff first. Thanks for NUTHIN' akg!!!!!!!!!!! lolo

I'm gonna think about it further, but not having a custom EQ for the Sadie makes me think I may not be getting my full $399 (ok $379 if I buy through Sam Ash's site with the $20 off deal)!! I could try EQ'ing it myself but I don't think I could do without some additional assistance. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #157 of 327

Ok. 

Yeah, and you "SELFISHLY" want to try other headphones and stuff first. Thanks for NUTHIN' akg!!!!!!!!!!! lolo

I'm gonna think about it further, but not having a custom EQ for the Sadie makes me think I may not be getting my full $399 (ok $379 if I buy through Sam Ash's site with the $20 off deal)!! I could try EQ'ing it myself but I don't think I could do without some additional assistance. 

Send it over!!!!!!
tongue_smile.gif

I can't help myself, I want to try the REAL expensive stuff that I can't afford like $1000+ electrostatics or the $4000 focal utopia!!!!!!!!! IMO using the service for a product less than $500 is not my money's worth (even though I'm technically not spending any money at all LOL)

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #158 of 327
  Send it over!!!!!!
tongue_smile.gif

I can't help myself, I want to try the REAL expensive stuff that I can't afford like $1000+ electrostatics or the $4000 focal utopia!!!!!!!!! IMO using the service for a product less than $500 is not my money's worth (even though I'm technically not spending any money at all LOL)

LOL! Oh you'd LOVE that, wouldn't you! 

Wow, and I thought I WAS nuts for considering the Sadie. Or even the Ella! Read this Amazon user review (Johnny H.'s) on it. Maybe I misjudged planar magnetic headphones b/c I thought the Oppo PM-3 was the best under-$1000 version of them, yet this guy says that compared to the Ella they "have no life". lol So now I'm not only curious about the Sadie, I'm also curious about the Ella now!!!!!! 
L3000.gif
 lol  But man, $699?!! LOL 
basshead.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #159 of 327

LOL! Oh you'd LOVE that, wouldn't you! 

Wow, and I thought I WAS nuts for considering the Sadie. Or even the Ella! Read this Amazon user review (Johnny H.'s) on it. Maybe I misjudged planar magnetic headphones b/c I thought the Oppo PM-3 was the best under-$1000 version of them, yet this guy says that compared to the Ella they "have no life". lol So now I'm not only curious about the Sadie, I'm also curious about the Ella now!!!!!! 
L3000.gif
 lol  But man, $699?!! LOL 
basshead.gif

Johnny H is CLEARLY SHUREALLTHEWAY. He is comparing them against the srh1540 which was his daily driver headphone for the longest time. Even the pm3, iphone, music he listens to..... yep that's him for SHURE. 
If I were to spend $700 on a headphone, I'd buy a used pair of open back of HD800 end games...... been there, done that LOL

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #160 of 327
  Johnny H is CLEARLY SHUREALLTHEWAY. He is comparing them against the srh1540 which was his daily driver headphone for the longest time. Even the pm3, iphone, music he listens to..... yep that's him for SHURE. 
If I were to spend $700 on a headphone, I'd buy a used pair of open back of HD800 end games...... been there, done that LOL

Haha it is?! That's hilarious!

Well, given that I prob will NEVER buy an open-back headphone, I think the Ella sounds like (perhaps) the best under-$1000 closed-back headphone there is! lol

I am going to think about it more and see where I go next. And buy "it" I mean the Sadie. lol

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #161 of 327

Haha it is?! That's hilarious!

Well, given that I prob will NEVER buy an open-back headphone, I think the Ella sounds like (perhaps) the best under-$1000 closed-back headphone there is! lol

I am going to think about it more and see where I go next. And buy "it" I mean the Sadie. lol

HERE, I copy pasted some of the stuff he said in his initial impressions headfi post below:

I've always compare them side-by-side with my Shure 1540s.
These decay very fast like the PM3's.
I did have to turn my iPhone sound up very high though, so these planar drivers need power.
Listening to Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall in amped mode, made it sound like I was there in concert and she was singing just to me.

And yes I actually remembered all those key words lmao. Yeah the ella might be a good option for you since you're so stubborn about open backs!!!!! 
angry_face.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #162 of 327
  HERE, I copy pasted some of the stuff he said in his initial impressions headfi post below:

I've always compare them side-by-side with my Shure 1540s.
These decay very fast like the PM3's.
I did have to turn my iPhone sound up very high though, so these planar drivers need power.
Listening to Adele Live at the Royal Albert Hall in amped mode, made it sound like I was there in concert and she was singing just to me.

And yes I actually remembered all those key words lmao. Yeah the ella might be a good option for you since you're so stubborn about open backs!!!!! 
angry_face.gif

Too funny man. It'd be even FUNNIER if tomorrow he changed his usernmae to "BlueAllTheWay". LOL!!

Yeah, just not good for my wallet! 
basshead.gif
 lol 

SO many people praised the Oppo PM-3 but I wasn't impressed by it. But now he's made me curious, and potentially broke. LOL What if the Ella's really are as INCREDIBLE as everyone is saying?!! lol 

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #163 of 327

Too funny man. It'd be even FUNNIER if tomorrow he changed his usernmae to "BlueAllTheWay". LOL!!

Yeah, just not good for my wallet! 
basshead.gif
 lol 

SO many people praised the Oppo PM-3 but I wasn't impressed by it. But now he's made me curious, and potentially broke. LOL What if the Ella's really are as INCREDIBLE as everyone is saying?!! lol 

Only one way to find out....... sacrifice your wallet to the blue gods and pray that you don't get buyers remorse 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back