Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Apr 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #424 of 1,134
only thing that will help to settle this issue is a complete review between ANV3 and se.
besides. my original plan was to biy Yuin PK1 which ppl say are "worse" than blox.. so im kinda happy...

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #425 of 1,134
I own a pair for Yuin PK2s going on 3 years and I have been fairly happy with them. For me the down side to the PK1s has been you really need an amp to make them sound their best, another factor has been the price point $150 sh.  For me the Blox M2Cs sounded the difference between day and night compared to the PK2s ( PK2s still very good) but for $40 you could not beat it.

The huge downside the Blox headphones is the warranty ( 6 months) and the build and cable. As of right now you have to take care of Bl ox headphones, otherwise you will end up with a broken pair, that cannot be fixed.  Yuin OKs do not have this problem.

I hope when you guys are in communication with Blox, I would hope it mentioned that he needs to improve the build quality.  Essentially, I have 3 different types of Blox earbuds that all look a like.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #426 of 1,134
Quote:
I own a pair for Yuin PK2s going on 3 years and I have been fairly happy with them. For me the down side to the PK1s has been you really need an amp to make them sound their best, another factor has been the price point $150 sh.  For me the Blox M2Cs sounded the difference between day and night compared to the PK2s ( PK2s still very good) but for $40 you could not beat it.

The huge downside the Blox headphones is the warranty ( 6 months) and the build and cable. As of right now you have to take care of Bl ox headphones, otherwise you will end up with a broken pair, that cannot be fixed.  Yuin OKs do not have this problem.

I hope when you guys are in communication with Blox, I would hope it mentioned that he needs to improve the build quality.  Essentially, I have 3 different types of Blox earbuds that all look a like.

recieved my ANV3se today and started with the burn in :D

about the YUIN PK2, i also have them for 5-6 years now,bought them when they were 60-70 bucks, back then the PK1 was 110$,  strange thiong happened- PK2 went down and PK1 went up, beats me why. except the plug that i personally destroyed by stupidity they are an amazing piece of bud and i still use them regulary.
my original plan was to upgrade from PK2 to PK1 but after coming back here and reading  a few updates about whats new in the buds world, i discovered BLOX, and yes,  because of the reasons you mentioned it turned out to be much cheaper than PK1+AMP

as of now the build quality doesnt seem so bad, they fit pretty good in my ear so no complains, although i havent tried them for too long.. so it might bug my ears, idk.
the cable seems abit harder than PK2 but maybe time will change it.... i dont think its so crucial.
about strain release, i saw people saying they dont have any, so what are those holes at the backside of em hiddden under the foam?

as of now, im +2h  too the burn in, in a few weeks after im done, we will see how good they are :D

Apr 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #427 of 1,134
On a side Note,
at first the ANV3se sounded crappy... i havent been hearing to anything else except PK2 for 5 years, now after a few days, the PK2 sounds like crap 
L3000.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #428 of 1,134

PK2 does sound a little "sticky" around the mid range, not in a bad way if you like vocal. If your music collections range vary, Blox handles them better. Materials used are quite nice. The build? Do you guys use it when exercise? I use it when walk and sit, most earphones don't go out for that. If it went bad just for normal use, a better build is needed. Can we do a survey on that?

May 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #429 of 1,134
BAD NEWS.

I've discovered a problem in my left ANV3se bud, although taking extremely good care of them, what  bring me to the very likely possibility of manfacturing defect.
i contacted Woo  yesterday, still no response. but i hope something can be done about that >.<

btw thins problem appears mainly with the song  Michael Jackson - Give in to me. specifically noticable at the guitar solo time, can anyone confirm?

Just got a reply from Woo, asking me to cut the buds wire next to the housing and send it to them :frowning2:

May 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #431 of 1,134
Strange, but I'd say there is a good chance what the issue is and he already knows what needs to be done to fix them.

Any other reviews, impressions of the ANV3se ... ?

Also sometime this week in the for sale section I will be selling my 2nd pair of original ANV's  (sealed, brand new)

May 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #433 of 1,134
no its not strange, as far as i know its a standard procedure when returning defect buds, same happened to my friend a few years ago.
they are unfixable like that, its impossible, and not worth the time/money investment to fix a tiny bud. its much easier to replace it.

could an of you tell me if you have the same problem like i have with this specific song so that we know weather its just a single slip manufacturing defect or more ?

Thanks.

May 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #434 of 1,134
Any info on when the next BLoX product will be available for purchase?

May 28, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #435 of 1,134
I'd like to try various BLoX models in search of my favorite earphone.  Yesterday I ordered Vsonic UU2, Audio Technica CM707 et cetera.

I will pay anyone to rent their pair for 2 weeks, and then if I like it I'll then pay you 100% of the MSRP if they are in mint condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back